Author Topic: Vinny's Mullet  (Read 1313 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Vinny's Mullet
« Topic Start: January 11, 2007, 09:02:35 AM »
This just popped into my mind.  A poster on the official Nats board, named Vinny's Mullet, who was one of my favorite posters over there, just disappeared from the board, and I haven't heard from him since.  Anyone got any info?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #1: January 11, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
Vinny has reappeared on the MLB board a couple of times, when summoned.  He said (at that time, maybe 6-8 months ago) he still scans the board from time to time.  He is a member of this forum, perhaps you could send him an email or private message, though he never returned here after catching flack over his parody series of stories.  

I was thinking the same, wonder how he's doing.  You could just try to call him by posting a thread to him.

Offline kimnat

Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #2: January 11, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »
I think he's laying super low on account of the high troll traffic lately.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #3: January 11, 2007, 09:59:13 AM »
I remember at a game in April 2005 there was this guy sitting next to me behind the 3rd baseline giving Castilla a hell of a time.  He kept saying, "I love your hair Vinny!"  Vinny...don't mess up that hair buddy!"  "You're a sexy man Vinny..."  I figured it was the large amount of alcohol he was consuming that was causing such emotion.  I've always wondered if Vinny's Mullet was that guy from that game.   :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #4: January 12, 2007, 09:27:45 PM »
Wow, his stuff stirred up quite a controversy.  I wouldn't have blamed him for leaving  :?

Offline kimnat

Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #5: January 12, 2007, 10:29:14 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Vinny has reappeared on the MLB board a couple of times, when summoned.  He said (at that time, maybe 6-8 months ago) he still scans the board from time to time.  He is a member of this forum, perhaps you could send him an email or private message, though he never returned here after catching flack over his parody series of stories.  

I was thinking the same, wonder how he's doing.  You could just try to call him by posting a thread to him.

I don't remember him catching any flack.  What was than one about?  I thought everyone loved him.  (well, figuratively speaking.  You know what I mean. :oops: )

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #6: January 13, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »
Quote from: "kimnat"
Quote from: "tomterp"

I don't remember him catching any flack.  What was than one about?  I thought everyone loved him.  (well, figuratively speaking.  You know what I mean. :oops: )

If you go to his profile in the Members section, then read his posts, he would post parody news stories that he wrote himself.  Some people were in favor of having him posting the word Parody in front of his posts.  I guess he just got tired of it and left.

Offline kimnat

Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #7: January 13, 2007, 10:20:15 AM »
I loved those postings!  I can't believe people would get their feathers ruffled by that.  That's what makes him so fun!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #8: January 13, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
Quote from: "kimnat"
I loved those postings!  I can't believe people would get their feathers ruffled by that.  That's what makes him so fun!

A couple of folks got annoyed because they were gullible enough to be fooled briefly.  Victims of excessive pride, not parody.

Offline kimnat

Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #9: January 13, 2007, 10:48:48 AM »
That's their problem.  They need to come down off their horses once in a while and get a life and just have fun!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Vinny's Mullet
« Reply #10: January 13, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
This just popped into my mind.  A poster on the official Nats board, named Vinny's Mullet, who was one of my favorite posters over there, just disappeared from the board, and I haven't heard from him since.  Anyone got any info?

Vinnie was summoned to the MLB board, and answered the call today.  Go visit!