Author Topic: We have MLB's easiest schedule in MLB's easiest division  (Read 556 times)

Offline houston-nat

No excuses!

Here are a couple FanGraphs charts published today.

"All the way to the right are the Nationals and Braves, who will share the NL East with one tough opponent and three fairly mediocre opponents. Obviously only one of those teams can win the division, but when it comes to determining the Wild Cards, the NL West is deep and for that reason it puts the [West] teams at something of a disadvantage."

"Both the Nationals and Braves, of course, are pretty good, but the division’s mighty thin behind them, and it stings the Mets extra bad to have to play this season without Matt Harvey."

Offline HalfSmokes

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the AL east actually lives up to expectations? The Jays seem great at disappointing, the Os are the Os and the Yankees are loading up on veteraniness.

Offline stiffler

hope nats take advantage.  AL east is always loaded.

Offline Ray D

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not the AL east actually lives up to expectations? The Jays seem great at disappointing, the Os are the Os and the Yankees are loading up on veteraniness.
My AL East prediction:

1. Rays
2. Jays
3. Yanks
4. Sox
5. Os

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
My AL East prediction:

1. Rays
2. Jays
3. Yanks
4. Sox
5. Os

Are you expecting a rash of injuries in Boston?  How can they not be the pick of the division?

Offline HalfSmokes

My AL East prediction:

1. Rays
2. Jays
3. Yanks
4. Sox
5. Os
I'm anti rays, I think Sox, Rays, Jays, Yanks, Os

Offline BH34Natural

Agree with you, I'm not impressed with that division. I do think the Yankees will win it though.

Offline blue911

The starting pitching in the NL East is insanely good. Wheeler and Snydergaard throw as hard if not harder than Harvey, so I would count them out of anything.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
It's also easy for us because we don't have to face ourselves 9 times.

Offline Optics

I think the Marlins and Mets are going to surprise some people and the AL East won't live up to the hype.