Author Topic: The plug never should have been pulled on Strasburg in 2012...  (Read 16420 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

so last year everyone picked us to win the WS and we didn't make the playoffs.  I hope next year everyone picks us to suck.
We'll be picked to finish pretty high again.  Nats are on a similar arc that many other emergent teams are have taken.  I expect them to rebound next year, even with minimal roster changes.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
If it quacks like a duck...

can it quack like a duck when it sucks??

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
So you're convinced PB is a birds fan? I never realized that.  :rofl:
You spent too much time kidding Hammonds and CAL to realize PB69 is an O's troll? Woah

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
hammonds and CAL are orioles fans and have admitted as much.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
@MelAntonen
#Nats'  #MattWilliams tells MASN that #StephenStrasburg's rehab is going fine, but could get a late start in spring camp by 4-5  days.

4-5 days? Projected ~75 days ahead of time, probably more like 40-50 days.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
You find any way to be negative. You really never miss a chance.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I'm kind of with PB on this, it just seems weird to throw out there that SS may be a few days behind everyone else when Spring training is still so far off. Hope we're both wrong but it is kind of ominous sounding to me.

Offline Mr Clean

Zimmy!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Only reason it won't is because the Nats don't have the fan base to match the Red Sox or Cubs.

You mean we can't match their numbers of superstitious morons sitting around waiting for the certain doom delivered by the jinx fairy?

:hysterical:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
So you're convinced PBZimmm is a birds fan? I never realized that.  :rofl:

:doh:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
You mean we can't match their numbers of superstitious morons sitting around waiting for the certain doom delivered by the jinx fairy?

Everybody knows there's not a jinx fairy.    :)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Better to have believed in the jinx fairy than Church.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Avatar bets? Every day from pitchers and catchers reporting until opening day that Stras is at full strength, pitching the same innings as Gio/Zimnn/Fister, I set my Avatar as directed. Every day that he is behind a normal schedule for a healthy starter I pick your avatar. Takers?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

His obsession with Stras is comedy gold though. It brings me great joy to know he's completely missing the mark on Stras.

Offline HalfSmokes

His obsession with Stras is comedy gold though. It brings me great joy to know he's completely missing the mark on Stras.

so you're taking his bet?

Offline Baseball is Life

so you're taking his bet?

I would if it was coherent.

Stras will be on the bump on Opening Day. Anybody want to bet on that?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Trade him for Trout. :)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I agree and disagree with PB. 5 days is likely going to turn into 10-15 when the time rolls around followed by the usual Rizzo speak of everything going to plan followed by the usual passive aggressive response from the WNFF "look down their nose" crowd saying people worry too much and we should be happy to have a team followed by Strasburg making his debut and starting Opening Day as planned.

Offline Baseball is Life

I agree and disagree with PB. 5 days is likely going to turn into 10-15 when the time rolls around followed by the usual Rizzo speak of everything going to plan followed by the usual passive aggressive response from the WNFF "look down their nose" crowd saying people worry too much and we should be happy to have a team followed by Strasburg making his debut and starting Opening Day as planned.

Who cares how spring training goes if he's on the hill on Opening Day and ready to daaaaahmmiinnnnattttee. Stop worrying so much and be happy we have a team at all, he says looking down his nose.

Offline HalfSmokes

Who cares how spring training goes if he's on the hill on Opening Day and ready to daaaaahmmiinnnnattttee. Stop worrying so much and be happy we have a team at all, he says looking down his nose.

no one cares,  it only matters if 5 days turns into 3 months, which could happen, but I'm going to assume that 5 days turns into 15 and it doesn't matter

Offline Baseball is Life

no one cares,  it only matters if 5 days turns into 3 months, which could happen, but I'm going to assume that 5 days turns into 15 and it doesn't matter

Sanity.

Each veteran pitcher has his own routine and knows how to get ready for Opening Day. This situation is no different despite what the panic monkeys say.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Chicken crap response, lots of squawking

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Chicken crap response, lots of squawking

Squawking is about all you do. Is it so difficult to see things in the middle and not be one extreme or the other?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Sanity.

Each veteran pitcher has his own routine and knows how to get ready for Opening Day. This situation is no different despite what the panic monkeys say.
You don't have to be a panic monkey to find it just a bit odd that they're telling everyone so far off from the opening of camp that SS may be a few DAYS behind everyone else. I mean how can they tell this far off that he's not going to be ready in the middle of flippin' February, what exactly has he not been able to do yet?  You don't have to be all  :panic: :panic: :panic: to be just a slight tad concerned about that.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'm glad my point has already been proven. Didn't even take an hour.