Author Topic: The Nats' Offense is downright Offensive  (Read 7193 times)

Offline sportsfan882

The Nats' Offense is downright Offensive
« Topic Start: May 20, 2007, 12:04:15 AM »
Tonight was one of the most nauseating offensive performances I think I have ever seen.  If Church, Zimmerman, Lopez, Kearns, and Schneider are our "future" then we are essentially doomed. The only true hitter on this team is Nick Johnson but he is currently hurt and has had a history of injury problems. At first I thought these guys were just slumping but now I see how mediocre they really are.  The O's pitcher tonight was throwing nothing but fastballs and all night we were taking late swings as if he was throwing in the 80s when in reality he was throwing it in the mid 90s.  It's pretty sad when a pitcher comes out of nowhere and throws 6 scoreless innings  for you and you still lose the damn ball game because your offense can't hit off of a minor league pitcher and a bunch of bad relievers.

We had been on a roll and then our big rivals come in on Friday and we decide to play like a bunch of jerks.  Now just to take 1 game we have to beat their best pitcher on Sunday.  Oh yeah btw, we are starting a relief pitcher.  :roll: 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: The Nats' Offense is downright Offensive
« Reply #1: May 20, 2007, 12:21:08 AM »
Kearns?  Who is this "Kearns" you speak of?  Did not see one this evening...

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2: May 20, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »
Kearns?  Who is this "Kearns" you speak of?  Did not see one this evening...
:rofl:

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: May 20, 2007, 01:16:34 AM »
I was there, too, and the offense was not looking good. On the plus side, Bacsik had a quality start and Chief was looking good.

« Reply #4: May 20, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »
I see we are back to pissing all over the team's Cheerios again.  :roll:

This is the same team that did that wonderful "I've got hope" win streak already a week ago.  It is also the same team with questionable offense and questionable pitching.  Same team.  Now they have no future.  Why is it some continuing surprise that this team is mediocre to horrible?  We have gone through this and majority have known this since the off season that it was going to be a tough year. 

natsfan1a

« Reply #5: May 20, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »
The bats were waking up late in today's game. Here's hoping they'll all get hot and stay that way on the road trip!

p.s. You go, Nook!! Attaboy, Chief!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #6: May 20, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »
Nice hitting by Nook Logan, Ryan Zimmerman, and Ryan Langerhans today. 
at the rest of the team. 

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #7: May 20, 2007, 05:15:47 PM »
Nice hitting by Nook Logan, Ryan Zimmerman, and Ryan Langerhans today. 
(Image removed from quote.) at the rest of the team. 
It's a win...so I'll take it.  But yes...suprising enough it hasn't been our pitching (as pitiful a state as it is) that's been killing us....it's been our offense.

« Reply #8: May 20, 2007, 05:48:52 PM »
It's a win...so I'll take it.

That's what it is and we should be happy about it.  Who cares if they do it on slamming multiple homeruns or just hitting a few bloops into the outfield?  We avoided the sweep and got the win.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #9: May 20, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »
That's what it is and we should be happy about it.  Who cares if they do it on slamming multiple homeruns or just hitting a few bloops into the outfield?  We avoided the sweep and got the win.
shouldn't be happy about avoiding a sweep for chrissakes...we should be disappointed we didn't win the series.  Don't settle for "well it could have been worse".

« Reply #10: May 20, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »
shouldn't be happy about avoiding a sweep for chrissakes...we should be disappointed we didn't win the series.  Don't settle for "well it could have been worse".

So you would rather they take all three games? I'm sure if you called up Peter Anus he can look into the legal side of getting that remedied.

Of course it sucks we didn't win the series but a win is a win and we should be happy about it.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #11: May 20, 2007, 07:10:03 PM »
Of course it sucks we didn't win the series but a win is a win and we should be happy about it.
Happy that we won the last game that didn't matter?  No not really, sorry.  Like I said, I'll take the win...but we've got a long way to go.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #12: May 20, 2007, 07:11:10 PM »
I was thrilled that we disrupted their desired sweep!  And we were always in the game w/ them too.  They couldn't turn their backs on us in any of the games.  That's pretty dang good when you consider our injuries, etc.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #13: May 20, 2007, 07:11:13 PM »
All we need is an 11-game winning streak to get to .500.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #14: May 20, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »
All we need is an 11-game winning streak to get to .500.
:lol:

« Reply #15: May 20, 2007, 07:33:07 PM »
Happy that we won the last game that didn't matter?  No not really, sorry.  Like I said, I'll take the win...but we've got a long way to go.

I can only imagine the crap that would be posted here if we lost today and got swept.

Long way to go to what?  What are you expecting?  Jesus to drop out of the sky wearing a Nats uniform?

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #16: May 20, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »
I can only imagine the crap that would be posted here if we lost today and got swept.

Long way to go to what?  What are you expecting?  Jesus to drop out of the sky wearing a Nats uniform?
Long way to go to be competitive, as 2k6nats pointed out, we are still 11 games behind .500 and our offensive completely and utterly stinks.

Our pinch hitting sits at 7-72.  Let me spell that out for you: SEVEN for SEVENTY TWO.  We can't score worth a darn and support these scrub pitchers that are working their hearts out.  I'm seeing it time and time again and it's starting to get on my nerves.  How can we expect these minor league guys to pitch a perfect game every time they show up on the mound at the PRO LEVEL, because that's what we are asking of them - to pitch a perfect game - because the rest of the so called real pro players can't hit for crap.

Notice I'm not angry at the pitchers...I'm angry at the Felipe Lopezes, Austin Kearnses & the Ryan Zimmermans.  They aren't supposed to be sitting out there with batting averages of like .230.  That's CRAP.  These guys are professional baseball players and they need to step it up and start supporting the pitching squad. 

Starting Players That Need To Get It In Gear:
Felipe Lopez: .237 batting average, .190 with RISP
Austin Kearns: .240 batting average, .220 with RISP
Brian Schneider: .222 batting average, .094 with RISP
Ryan Zimmerman: .240 batting average, .167 with RISP

The bench guys are worse: everytime we get someone in scoring position, out comes Robert Fick - Robert Fick can't hit to save his life.  Or out comes some other no-name idiot that can't hit the broadside of a barn. 

Look I know your opinion on here - you want to throw praises on the Nats no matter what...and you get mad whenever anybody expects more out of them.  Well I don't just settle for crap...I expect a winner.  And if I was a player, I wouldn't want fans that expect any less.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #17: May 20, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »
Well I don't just settle for crap...I expect a winner.  And if I was a player, I wouldn't want fans that expect any less.
:clap:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #18: May 20, 2007, 08:30:42 PM »

I'm sure you realize that we already have TWO JESUS' on the team, both wearing Nationals' uniforms.

Jesus          Jesus
Flores         Colome

They both played today, and we won.  Coincidence?

natsfan1a

« Reply #19: May 20, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »
So did Church...

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #20: May 20, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »
I'm sure you realize that we already have TWO JESUS' on the team, both wearing Nationals' uniforms.
They both played today, and we won.  Coincidence?
Laugh...don't start with the Jesus Christ images again ok Nats2p?   :lol:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #21: May 20, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
So did Church...

He left after services on his left arm.  We also had Cristian Guzman.

Our horrific bench batting might improve with Flores, Young, and Belliard on it, and Langerhans has hit well since he arrived.  I'm waiting to see if Batista has lost his ability to hit homers, since he averaged 31.  Maybe he just can't be a pinch hitter.  We had horrible PH stats early on, since we had minor league players on the bench. 

We have improved at turning double plays and catching steals.  The Yankees would DEARLY love to accomplish what we've done with starting pitchers, including all the guys from AAA.  We were at or near bottom in pitching and fielding in 2006; we've improved at both. 

I see this team putting more winning streaks together.  Next up: Cincinnati and St. Louis.  Opponents have a .255 BA against our pitching.   They are .260 against the Cardinals and .272 against the Reds.

« Reply #22: May 20, 2007, 09:19:28 PM »
Look I know your opinion on here - you want to throw praises on the Nats no matter what...and you get mad whenever anybody expects more out of them.  Well I don't just settle for crap...I expect a winner.  And if I was a player, I wouldn't want fans that expect any less.

With all due respect, you just saying that just shows you know jack squat about my opinion.  I am just as critical of this team, I just don't choose to show it by posting "I am so sick I want to vomit" and "their playing like a-holes" comments that some people on here.  My apologies if I won't sink to that level. 

Your posting stats I already well know about and I am not blind to our situation but IT IS our situation and I am trying to make the best of it.  You throw this BS that "people deal with this horrible season in their own ways" well, I am dealing.  And again, I apologize if I am not dropping F-Bombs and acting like a 12 year old who lost his/her copy of the latest My Chemical Romance album.

If your expecting them to be competitive this year well prepare for disappointment.  We were told what we were going to get and what to expect and the reasons behind it. But again, some are expecting Jesus Christ to be signed or Santa Claus to suddenly save the day. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #23: May 20, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
You guys crack me up.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #24: May 20, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »
And again, I apologize if I am not dropping F-Bombs and acting like a 12 year old who lost his/her copy of the latest My Chemical Romance album.
No, you just drop F-Bombs on everyone who isn't happy with the situation.  That's the point you don't seem to understand - whenever anybody makes a complaint you start saying things like...

I quote: you're "acting like a 12 year old who lost his/her copy of the latest My Chemical Romance album." 

If you don't like it when people are critical...that's fine, but stop disrespecting them just because they are angry and need to vent.  Just move on.  But I've seen you argue with other people before NOTLD...and it's impossible for you to let anybody have the last word...so I fully expect some kind of response coming soon.   :P