Author Topic: What's the procedure?  (Read 837 times)

Offline Gleason2

What's the procedure?
« Topic Start: June 26, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »
I have tickets to the July 5 game against SF that I can't use.  Can I just bring them to the guest services window at Nats Park and trade them for another game as long as I do so before July 5?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: What's the procedure?
« Reply #1: June 26, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »
I have tickets to the July 5 game against SF that I can't use.  Can I just bring them to the guest services window at Nats Park and trade them for another game as long as I do so before July 5?

Are they season tickets or just individual game tickets?  With season tickets, the answer is yes (you have to do it in advance); not sure about individual game tickets but I would think they probably are not exchangeable.  In that case, your best might be to sell them on Stubhub.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #2: June 26, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can trade regular season games too. I bought tickets for the wrong day, went to the window on the day of the game I wanted to go to and simply exchanged them for seats of an equal value.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: June 26, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »
My 20 game plan tickets for July 5 were swapped for July 3rd at the last homestand.  Not sure how many days in advance its allowed!

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #4: June 27, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
Are they season tickets or just individual game tickets?  With season tickets, the answer is yes (you have to do it in advance); not sure about individual game tickets but I would think they probably are not exchangeable.  In that case, your best might be to sell them on Stubhub.

These are season tickets.  I'll go to the window to trade them for another game.  Thanks.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: June 27, 2012, 07:45:42 AM »
These are season tickets.  I'll go to the window to trade them for another game.  Thanks.

This season my trade ins have returned seats in significantly less prime locations (both for season tickets and rain out exchanges).  I made the swaps in early May, so it was before the real surge in attendance had occurred.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #6: June 27, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »
This season my trade ins have returned seats in significantly less prime locations (both for season tickets and rain out exchanges).  I made the swaps in early May, so it was before the real surge in attendance had occurred.

Yeah, I pretty much expect to get worse seats.  That's why I posted in the Red Loft to see if anyone wants to make a trade.  If I have to trade them in to the Nats for another game, I'll take whatever they can give me.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #7: June 27, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can trade regular season games too. I bought tickets for the wrong day, went to the window on the day of the game I wanted to go to and simply exchanged them for seats of an equal value.

You must have used your considerable charm to get this done. I've only traded in season tickets and that's cake. But there was a guy in line in front of me a couple of weeks who tried to exchange tickets for a game he had missed (not a season ticket) and they gave him that look.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #8: June 27, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »
You must have used your considerable charm to get this done. I've only traded in season tickets and that's cake. But there was a guy in line in front of me a couple of weeks who tried to exchange tickets for a game he had missed (not a season ticket) and they gave him that look.

Just to clarify, I hadn't "missed" the game, it was upcoming, but on a different day than I wanted so I was able to easily trade my ticket. I could certainly see why the Nats wouldn't let you trade tickets for a game that had already passed.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #9: June 27, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
Just to clarify, I hadn't "missed" the game, it was upcoming, but on a different day than I wanted so I was able to easily trade my ticket. I could certainly see why the Nats wouldn't let you trade tickets for a game that had already passed.

The policy is no exchanges for any game other than season ticket plan tickets, this includes red carpet reward tickets and rain check tickets.  I'm surprised that this was allowed and wonder if it is repeatable.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #10: June 27, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
There's a bunch of rules and dates that tickets cannot be exhanged for at this link:
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season_benefits.jsp

It basically says five day priors to the date of the game, and if exchaning unused tickets, five days prior to the game you want to attend, but it looks like it's set up for mail exchanges.  I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be more accomodating at the ticket services window.

I've done a bunch of exchanges at ticket services.  They're open 11a-2p on non-game days and it's a breeze.  They've been really easy to work with then...there's no crowd. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #11: June 27, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
Yeah, I had tickets for a Sunday game, something came up so I couldn't go on Sunday. So I went to the ticket window right before the game on Saturday (the day before my game) and they exchanged the tickets no problem. They were very nice and accommodating about it.

:shrug:

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #12: June 28, 2012, 07:24:25 AM »
There's a bunch of rules and dates that tickets cannot be exhanged for at this link:
http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season_benefits.jsp

It basically says five day priors to the date of the game, and if exchaning unused tickets, five days prior to the game you want to attend, but it looks like it's set up for mail exchanges.  I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be more accomodating at the ticket services window.

I've done a bunch of exchanges at ticket services.  They're open 11a-2p on non-game days and it's a breeze.  They've been really easy to work with then...there's no crowd. 

Where is the ticket services window that is open on non-game days?

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #13: June 28, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
It's to the left of the centerfield gate, back towards where the stairs to the parking garage exit.   Go to the gate, turn left and go until you almost hit the wall, turn right, and it will be on the left.  It's open game days too, but it's busier.  There's also one inside the park that's open before games on the first base side on the 100 level by where the ramps to the upper levels enter, but it's always looked packed.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #14: June 28, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
It's to the left of the centerfield gate, back towards where the stairs to the parking garage exit.   Go to the gate, turn left and go until you almost hit the wall, turn right, and it will be on the left.  It's open game days too, but it's busier.  There's also one inside the park that's open before games on the first base side on the 100 level by where the ramps to the upper levels enter, but it's always looked packed.

For the office on the first base side they should move the TV so that it is behind the clerks instead of next to them, it's nice to have the monitors so that the paying customers can follow the action while making an exchange but the last time I was there the clerk spent more time watching the pre game show than he did getting my tickets procesed.

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #15: June 28, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »

Thanks a lot.