Author Topic: Don't Be So Quick to Throw Stones at Pujols  (Read 1951 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Don't Be So Quick to Throw Stones at Pujols
« Topic Start: September 04, 2009, 12:41:06 PM »
Before you post pictures of syringes or question his age, read this:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/A34B97533108A7C786257627000A2C90?OpenDocument

Pujols is a superior human being. When I learned of his foundation a few years ago, I ceased to rag on him. He's not only the best hitter in the game, he's a fantastic example as well. For those who hate nice guys, you can't argue with his OPS either. I'm just saying.

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Don't Be So Quick to Throw Stones at Pujols
« Reply #1: September 04, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
So because someone wrote a puff piece about him we can't question him? How many pieces like this were written about Palmero? Does that mean guys who roids don't give money to charity, before Clemons was named, he used to be a huge supporter of charities in his hometown. He had a wing of a children's hospital named after him (before it was removed).
Lets not forget http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2007/03/big_papi_reaches_out_after_sol.html does that mean Ortiz was clean?

Offline blue911

« Reply #2: September 04, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
So because someone wrote a puff piece about him we can't question him? How many pieces like this were written about Palmero? Does that mean guys who roids don't give money to charity, before Clemons was named, he used to be a huge supporter of charities in his hometown. He had a wing of a children's hospital named after him (before it was removed).
Lets not forget http://blog.masslive.com/redsoxmonster/2007/03/big_papi_reaches_out_after_sol.html does that mean Ortiz was clean?

Do you have any first hand knowledge that Pujols is dirty?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #3: September 04, 2009, 01:26:17 PM »
Does anyone need first hand knowledge to be able to question him?

Nobody's giving him a jail sentence.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: September 04, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

nope, but everyone who has put up comprable numbers recently has gone down. First is was only hitters, then Clemmons. Then A Rod was the great hope. Lets not forget Ortiz- he was just naturally a big guy. Forgive me for being skeptical

Offline blue911

« Reply #5: September 04, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »
nope, but everyone who has put up comprable numbers recently has gone down. First is was only hitters, then Clemmons. Then A Rod was the great hope. Lets not forget Ortiz- he was just naturally a big guy. Forgive me for being skeptical

Lewis Carroll would be proud of your logic.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #6: September 04, 2009, 01:37:43 PM »
Lewis Carroll would be proud of your logic.

you're right, the Pujols is a good guy and he said he's clean logic is far more sound.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #7: September 04, 2009, 01:43:09 PM »
People call him jerk, garbage, jerk, "I hate that guy" - plus they must test him 20 times a year like Dunn.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #8: September 04, 2009, 01:45:42 PM »
People call him jerk, garbage, jerk, "I hate that guy" - plus they must test him 20 times a year like Dunn.
I think that's unfair, but it's certainly fair enough to speculate that he's a juicer.

Offline blue911

« Reply #9: September 04, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »

you're right, the Pujols is a good guy and he said he's clean logic is far more sound.

Lacking evidence, yes.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #10: September 04, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »
I think that's unfair, but it's certainly fair enough to speculate that he's a juicer.

No one is above suspicion, sure. But boiling him down to just a picture of a syringe is a dick move.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #11: September 04, 2009, 01:47:22 PM »

How often did bonds have to pee into a cup? If its wasn't for Balco getting raided, he might still be testing negative.

Offline blue911

« Reply #12: September 04, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »

Speculate is fair, but to declare is unfair. Does anybody think that Pujols was on the '03 list and hasn't been outed? Look at his freaking stats, where is the drop off? I'm not saying that he's clean , what I'm saying is there isn't any REAL evidence that says he's dirty.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #13: September 04, 2009, 01:51:30 PM »
Speculate is fair, but to declare is unfair. Does anybody think that Pujols was on the '03 list and hasn't been outed? Look at his freaking stats, where is the drop off? I'm not saying that he's clean , what I'm saying is there isn't any REAL evidence that says he's dirty.

Could you ask the same question this time last year about ARod instead of Pujols? I don't think anyone's saying he is a juicer, but I think he might be one.

Offline blue911

« Reply #14: September 04, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »
Could you ask the same question this time last year about ARod instead of Pujols? I don't think anyone's saying he is a juicer, but I think he might be one.

Unless I mistaken we are having this conversation today.

YOU CAN'T BE DUMBER THAN YOUR freakING DOG!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #15: September 04, 2009, 02:30:25 PM »
I'd like to point out that although Clemens might have donated money to charity, he's not know for friendliness and courtesy.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #16: September 04, 2009, 02:36:33 PM »
From all I've read and heard, Pujols is a great guy.

Until proven otherwise, I think he's clean.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #17: September 04, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
The story showed one side of Albert. If he's a juicer eventually that will come out, much to my dismay. But that won't change how he relates to his stepson, his work with charities, or his evident graciousness. A champ in my book in any case.

« Reply #18: September 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PM »
I don't care about Pujols personally and hope he isn't a juicer just for the fact the game needs less of them, not one more.

However, A-Rod was compared to Jesus Christ at some point too.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #19: September 08, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
I don't care about Pujols personally and hope he isn't a juicer just for the fact the game needs less of them, not one more.

However, A-Rod was compared to Jesus Christ at some point too.

Oh come off it. You have a kid. Pujols is a very positive role model - representing hard work, persevering in the face of adversity (torn UCL), charity, and humility.

I remember watching the LLWS and every kid said that Pujols was their favorite player. Better him than A-Roid or Manny or JD Drew.

« Reply #20: September 08, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »
Oh come off it. You have a kid. Pujols is a very positive role model - representing hard work, persevering in the face of adversity (torn UCL), charity, and humility.

I remember watching the LLWS and every kid said that Pujols was their favorite player. Better him than A-Roid or Manny or JD Drew.

What the hell does my kid have anything to do with it? What did I say that turned you into Mr. PTA?

Like someone said before, just because a puff piece is written about him doesn't mean he is a juicer or isn't a juicer. People were enamored with A-Rod up until he was outed. Not saying it is going to happen to Pujols, I even said I hope it doesn't, but you just don't know in this day and age.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #21: September 08, 2009, 01:47:13 PM »
What the hell does my kid have anything to do with it? What did I say that turned you into Mr. PTA?

Like someone said before, just because a puff piece is written about him doesn't mean he is a juicer or isn't a juicer. People were enamored with A-Rod up until he was outed. Not saying it is going to happen to Pujols, I even said I hope it doesn't, but you just don't know in this day and age.

You said you don't care what he does off the field. Would you want your kid looking up to Pujols or ARod? That's the question I was posing.

« Reply #22: September 08, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
You said you don't care what he does off the field. Would you want your kid looking up to Pujols or ARod? That's the question I was posing.

I said nothing about off field activities. I just said that I don't care for Pujols, meaning I really don't follow him or care about him aside from when he is playing against the Nats. I couldn't tell you how many homeruns he has now, what any of his stats are, or if he has facial hair growing. I just don't pay that much attention to him.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #23: September 08, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
I said nothing about off field activities. I just said that I don't care for Pujols, meaning I really don't follow him or care about him aside from when he is playing against the Nats. I couldn't tell you how many homeruns he has now, what any of his stats are, or if he has facial hair growing. I just don't pay that much attention to him.

Sorry, misunderstood.

« Reply #24: September 08, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »