Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3  (Read 12926 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3
« Reply #200: April 27, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
LANNAN IS A MAGICIAN ON THE MOUND!!!  :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:  LANNAN 4 CY YOUNG!

nice job by luis and jr to smoothly close it out without any worries

any updates on how dukes is faring with potomac? 

He's 0/2 with 2 walks.  He batted lead-off again but played LF today.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #201: April 27, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »
no, not quite. Campbell got hurt. it's not like he was Benched in favor of Campbell.

Collins was riding adrenaline. as were the Skins, in the wake of what happened to Sean Taylor.  that doesn't speak anything about Campbell's play.

Campbell is the best QB you have at the moment.  plus, Campbell is young.this is going be what, season number 2 and a half for him?

I can't believe I'm actually arguing about the Redskins. I'm a Giants fan, I shouldn't really give a sh*t.

please redskins, follow the advice of Eagleskins,so you can fight with the Eagles for the NFC East cellar for the next 5 years.

Yeah, he got hurt after a half in Chicago.  In the first half the Skins put up 0 points and were losing.  2nd half Collins comes in and the Skins put up 20 and win.  You were right, if Campbell doesn't get hurt the Skins finish last in the NFC East last year. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #202: April 27, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »

he was drafted in 05. so this will be his 3rd season. his 2nd as Starting QB. unless my math is wrong.

It is wrong.  This will be his 4th season.  I was also wrong on saying it would be his 5th. 

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #203: April 27, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
I personally think the Skins should have took the flyer on Dennis Dixon 2 rounds earlier. 

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #204: April 27, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »
What a great performance from Lannan AGAIN!! The hitting wasn't great, but it was enough, and we take the series! That disgraceful streak of losses and inept, woeful performances is looking a lot further away after this. With the Braves and the Pirates coming up if I'm not mistaken, we have a real chance to push for .500 ball soon!!

Go Nats!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #205: April 27, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
I hope your right EmpireNat. I am getting used to winning. :)

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #206: April 27, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
What a great performance from Lannan AGAIN!! The hitting wasn't great, but it was enough, and we take the series! That disgraceful streak of losses and inept, woeful performances is looking a lot further away after this. With the Braves and the Pirates coming up if I'm not mistaken, we have a real chance to push for .500 ball soon!!

Go Nats!
I agree. I think the Pirates are a perfect team to bounce back with. :D When we get to the 34-game mark, rather than being 9-25 I think we have a shot to be 15-19!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #207: April 27, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »
So the Nats win the first game I attend this year.  I got some good mojo going.  Lannan was a beast today.  This team is still a total embarrassment at the plate.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #208: April 27, 2008, 10:26:19 PM »
Congrats to 2k6 on snapping his imaginary skid ;)
True :clap:
Definitely.  Well done, 2k6! It was about time. :clap:

BANG!                                 ZOOM!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #209: April 27, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »
yep, refreshing to FINALLY see a curly w next to a game-day thread that 2k6 started!  :clap: :thumbs:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #210: April 27, 2008, 11:27:44 PM »
yep, refreshing to FINALLY see a curly w next to a game-day thread that 2k6 started!  :clap: :thumbs:

I knew this game was a high percentage game to win (if there is every such a thing with the Nats), and just wasn't going to let JMad start it, as he declared he was going to :D

MrMadison

« Reply #211: April 27, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »
I knew this game was a high percentage game to win (if there is every such a thing with the Nats), and just wasn't going to let JMad start it, as he declared he was going to :D

curses...foiled again.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #212: April 27, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »

yep, i'm glad we can put this foolishness behind us. looking back, it was SLIGHTLY outlandish.  ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #213: April 27, 2008, 11:42:39 PM »
yep, i'm glad we can put this foolishness behind us. looking back, it was SLIGHTLY outlandish.  ;)

Apology accepted ;)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #214: April 27, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »
You all do know that 2k6 couldn't have done it w/out the help of the ass-faced dog, right?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #215: April 27, 2008, 11:53:03 PM »
Ya, it got blown way out of proportion.  I just thought it was incredible.  I mean 14 in a row, non-consecutively? That's unbelievable. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #216: April 28, 2008, 03:34:21 AM »

Ya, it got blown way out of proportion.  I just thought it was incredible.  I mean 14 in a row, non-consecutively? That's unbelievable. 

:rofl:  You two were the main culprits.  LOL

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #217: April 28, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
Well, this was my second time at Nationals Park, and while there were throngs of Cubs fans from the time I stepped onto the Metro at Dunn Loring, they were all pretty civilized.  It was real nice to see Lannan pitch so well and shut the Chicago fans up for most of the game.

The only semi-bad thing about the whole day were the delays on the Orange Line from West Falls Church to Dunn Loring due to track maintenance.  Sucked waiting 15 minutes for another train when you're just one stop away!

GO NATS!

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #218: April 28, 2008, 02:15:12 PM »
Well, this was my second time at Nationals Park, and while there were throngs of Cubs fans from the time I stepped onto the Metro at Dunn Loring, they were all pretty civilized.  It was real nice to see Lannan pitch so well and shut the Chicago SCHLUBS fans up for most of the game.

The only semi-bad thing about the whole day were the delays on the Orange Line from West Falls Church to Dunn Loring due to track maintenance.  Sucked waiting 15 minutes for another train when you're just one stop away!

GO NATS!

Had to edit that for you.  There are plenty of Chicago fans who would never cheer for, or behave like Cubs fans.