Author Topic: Nationals In A Sim League  (Read 740 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Nationals In A Sim League
« Topic Start: January 04, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »
I am involved in a new sim league that another poster over at Wild Pitch Forums is running and I am going to be the owner of the Nationals once it gets underway.

What I'd like to do is act as the representative for the team and solicit ideas from y'all.  I will keep you posted on trade offers, moves, waiver wire transactions, etc.

Anyone interested?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: January 04, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
MF, you know that I am always ready with an opinion, but without regard for any actual expertise I may have in the subject.  

However, the price is right.

Offline Vladman1327

« Reply #2: January 04, 2007, 05:35:31 PM »
I have been, and am in, a lot of sim leagues.  We use Baseball Mogul 2007.  It's fun...

Of course, with my attachment to all the Nationals players, it is hard to make the team really good.  It took all my gut to trade Nick Johnson the other day.

My advice:  keep Zimm, Patterson, Cordero for sure.  Trade the rest.  Make a good, young core.

Edit:  Keep Nick if you want to too.  But, if you get a good offer, trade him and all others besides the ones I mentioned above.  :D

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #3: January 05, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
It's funny that you should mention Johnson....

The league hasn't started yet, we're still recruiting players, but the kid that's running the Royals just inquired about Johnson's availability this morning.  I told him that I am basically going to take a hard line with players like Johnson and that I will ask for a lot in return.

Of course, we still need to fill all of the teams, so that point is moot as of yet.....

I hope he won't mind, but I stole Ken's avatar for the sim league.  It's the coolest avatar I've seen......