Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 36732 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #75: September 13, 2008, 07:59:11 PM »
He can do that in his house. Big deal.

OMG, Hanley Ramirez blew kisses to the crowd after he crossed home plate...AREN'T YOU GUYS OUTRAGED?!  there's no place for that stuff in baseball.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #76: September 13, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
I want us to make some history tonight. Has there ever been back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back homers?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #77: September 13, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
Try something that has to to do with vindication.  :lol:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #78: September 13, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »
OMG, Hanley Ramirez blew kisses to the crowd after he crossed home plate...AREN'T YOU GUYS OUTRAGED?!  there's no place for that stuff in baseball.

Can 72 people constitute a "crowd?"

Offline spidernat

« Reply #79: September 13, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »
He can do that in his house. Big deal.

What part of the unwritten code does that fall under?  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #80: September 13, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
good 1 pitch out, Guz.

Can we play any worse and uninspired?

MrMadison

« Reply #81: September 13, 2008, 08:08:42 PM »

home field advantage? *shrug*

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #82: September 13, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
Dukes just does not like swinging at hanging sliders.  :shock:

We freaking suck.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #83: September 13, 2008, 08:13:32 PM »
There's an idea: Things more justifiable or "vindicable" than Tim Redding. the first post should be "blowing kisses after a HR at home".  :?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #84: September 13, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »
Tonight's GD Thread distraction:

(let me know if this offends anyone)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #85: September 13, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

CODE?  This is WAR! This is not a game of cricket!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #86: September 13, 2008, 08:22:25 PM »
Flores should be back soon.  :pray:

It was a much-needed positive sign in the midst of a rough couple of weeks for Jesus Flores.

When he sprained his left ankle on Sept. 2 in a home-plate collision with Phillies second baseman Chase Utley, the 23-year-old had targeted this weekend's series against the Marlins as a return date.

Then, after some setbacks, he figured he'd at least start hitting in South Florida.

Now, the right-handed-hitting catcher is clawing at least to play in some games before the season ends. And Saturday proved to be a good sign of that being a possibility.

Flores, who had just been getting treatment, playing catch and riding the elliptical bike since his injury, tested his left ankle while the Nationals were taking batting practice before Friday's game -- walking, doing squats and performing light side-to-side drills.

The next day, Flores said he felt great.

"Today is one of my best days," he said. "Usually, I feel sore, but today I got up, and started walking right away."

Taking into account the young catcher's eagerness to return, and the progress he seemed to have made from Saturday's light workout, manager Manny Acta said that he expected Flores would be playing again before the season is over.

"I think we'll probably see him the last week of the season, just by the way he's moving around and how he's feeling," Acta said. "Just him wanting to be out there and swinging the bat, I would say that if you give him one more week, he'd probably be ready the last week of the season."

But considering Flores is being groomed to be the Nationals' catcher of the future, Acta insisted they will be extra careful.

"We're going to make sure that he's fine," Acta said. "I know that he wants to play. I know how these guys get, and I just told him, 'Let's trust our training staff,' and make sure that he's 100 percent, because he's getting ready to try to take some swings in the cage."

Offline spidernat

« Reply #87: September 13, 2008, 08:22:27 PM »
Oh that's fantastic ronnynat. It would offend me if you took it away. Great find.

I love seeing Erin Andrews as a sideline reporter. Of course we have to see the monstrous Debbi Taylor. 

Another game I can't wait to see is the Monday night game in Dallas. I think the eagles are going to go into Dallas and spank the cowboys.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #88: September 13, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
OT: This USC game feels like a championship game right now, doesn't it? Love this crap.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #89: September 13, 2008, 08:26:47 PM »
OT: This USC game feels like a championship game right now, doesn't it? Love this crap.
It's a huge game. Only in college football does a game this early in the season mean so much. Whoever loses will probably not be playing in the Nat'l Championship.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #90: September 13, 2008, 08:27:02 PM »

Yeah but it will probably turn into a blowout.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #91: September 13, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
Nice hit Wil.

Bullcrap Manny. He doesn't care about wins/losses. If Lannan or Balester were pitching they'd be pinch hit for in a heartbeat in this situation.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #92: September 13, 2008, 08:29:18 PM »
Yeah but it will probably turn into a blowout.

I was thinking earlier that USC could beat them pretty easily, but OSU's defense is freaking awesome, so you never know. James Laurinaitis is one of the best college linebackers I've ever seen.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #93: September 13, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
I love seeing Erin Andrews as a sideline reporter. Of course we have to see the monstrous Debbi Taylor.

What makes Erin Andrews even hotter to me is that I just know she's a freak. That's always nice. :D

Offline spidernat

« Reply #94: September 13, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
I was thinking earlier that USC could beat them pretty easily, but OSU's defense is freaking awesome, so you never know. James Laurinaitis is one of the best college linebackers I've ever seen.

They are fast on defense also.

I haven't heard a peep from the Michigan mob. I bet they are waiting for me to call and make fun of them, I'll let them stew in anxiety over my call.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #95: September 13, 2008, 08:32:27 PM »
What makes Erin Andrews even hotter to me is that I just know she's a freak. That's always nice. :D

:shock:  How do you know that? Disclose the details.

MrMadison

« Reply #96: September 13, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

Another game I can't wait to see is the Monday night game in Dallas. I think the eagles are going to go into Dallas and spank the cowboys.

I certainly hope so. the Cowboys need to be brought down to earth, and so does everyone riding their nuts.

« Reply #97: September 13, 2008, 08:34:14 PM »
OT: My friends convinced me last night to finally try my first Steel Reserve 211.

It was the most God awful toad piss I have ever had, but boy, it freaked me up straight!

Wish I had one now while keeping track of this game. It might take the edge off my disgust. :(

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #98: September 13, 2008, 08:34:25 PM »
She was a cheerleader at University of Florida.

I can't believe she's 30. I love everything about her. The way she talks, the way she looks, she loves sports. The perfect woman.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #99: September 13, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »

Enlighten me please