Author Topic: Photographs From Potomac Nationals Game 5/12/09  (Read 2550 times)

Offline houston-nat

Senators2005, do you suppose I may use the Daniel Lyons fielding shot as an avatar for a while?
I'd credit you in the little text underneath it. I'd probably use a less blurry version of the photo below...

Offline hammondsnats

Closeup of the Burgess pic - I agree with Lastings Thrilledge, this one is the best of my shots that day.   8)

(Image removed from quote.)

:az: burgess :az:

Offline bkstyl

• Senators Fans Unite - Harrisburg Senators
I apparently have lots to learn.. first what the heck is pogues?  Second, why can you get in trouble?  I'm just curious because I have occasionally taken pictures of Potomac players and put them on my facebook page... now I'm paranoid...

Pouges means: an offensive term for somebody regarded as a coward or sissy.  Basically, I think he means - or at least this is the way I feel, these people steal photographers work and get it signed with the intention of making a profit.  Almost every game I see someone with a binder full of photos trying to get them signed, funny thing is I never see them with a camera. 

It becomes a problem when images are sold to a unauthorized party.  In the case of MiLB photos, each photo has some type of registered trademark/logo (Nationals, Eastern League, Harrisburg Senators, MiLB). 

If I was out back of a Senators game selling photos to fans and players family, then there could be a problem.  I could get in trouble and potentially sued by the Senators, MiLB, MLB, Nationals, EL and anyone else that has a logo on the uniform.  Oh and any credentials you have would be pulled and probably never issued again.  Lots of rules to follow....  I usually play it safe and restrict access to photos.  The ones I post online are small, tagged and softened a little to discourage people from stealing them. 

You posting photos on facebook or Flickr shouldn't be an issue.  Just enjoy the game, take some photos and have fun.