Author Topic: Nats tickets - buy, sell, give away, plead, grovel, beg, "find", whatever....  (Read 18796 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Definitely cheaper. Thanks.
STH pricing can be viewed on the site linked below.  As a 20 game plan holder, I have access to full STH pricing for any extra tickets purchased.  If I have a free morning I'll drive by the ballpark and save on the service charges, but most likely at 10 on a weekday morning, I'll have to work around my meeting schedule just to make sure I'm at a computer at the moment when they go on sale.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/season.jsp?tab=seating_pricing

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Definitely cheaper. Thanks.

I'll PM you the details tonight.  But the good news is that you are in 115 row DD (27)  for $102 for the pair.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
http://www.goldstar.com/ has a bunch of half-price tickets for Nats games.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
OK,  Seats in 410 seats 1 and 2 row L.

April 17
June 23rd - Mariners game - day game, I think
July 4th
Labor Day.

Cost 22.00 each or $44 for the pair.

Offline glenwood

I have 2 seats in 124 (PNC) and 2 seats in 217 (club) available for face value.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

For opening day?

Offline glenwood

For Opening Day.

Offline wthell44

Hello, sorry for posting this here but I am looking for 4 tickets to the Nats-Giants game on Next Friday night 4/29.  I do not live in DC but will be there and am interested in finding tickets to the game.  We are looking to spend around $25-35 a ticket.  Does anyone have any tickets they are selling or know someone who is looking to sell?  I have already checked stub hub, ticket city, etc.  Looking for someone who wants to sell his or her tickets instead with no service charge.  Thank you.

Offline NatsDad14

Go to the game and buy one from the scalper. You should get it for significantly less money.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Go to the game and buy one from the scalper. You should get it for significantly less money.

Yeah but maybe he wants the certainty and choice of having offers online.  It sucks having to search out scalpers while your party waits and prays you can cut a reasonable deal.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Hello, sorry for posting this here but I am looking for 4 tickets to the Nats-Giants game on Next Friday night 4/29.  I do not live in DC but will be there and am interested in finding tickets to the game.  We are looking to spend around $25-35 a ticket.  Does anyone have any tickets they are selling or know someone who is looking to sell?  I have already checked stub hub, ticket city, etc.  Looking for someone who wants to sell his or her tickets instead with no service charge.  Thank you.

Use coupon code STH2011 on the team site to get discount pricing, you'll have to pay service charges, but it should net out to be about face value.

Offline wthell44

I have dealt with scalpers before but they are not always the same in all locations.  And with a party of four it is especially awkward to do that.  What kinds of deals can you get from scalpers?  Are there any other forums or websites where people exchange tickets or sell games from their season tickets?  I am looking for the best way to find seats for a pretty good deal.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Craigslist is your best option to avoid charges. You would not do well to try to get 4 tickets from scalpers out front.

Offline wthell44

Yeah I know, if it was only two I needed, this would be very simple

Offline NatsDad14

I have dealt with scalpers before but they are not always the same in all locations.  And with a party of four it is especially awkward to do that.  What kinds of deals can you get from scalpers?  Are there any other forums or websites where people exchange tickets or sell games from their season tickets?  I am looking for the best way to find seats for a pretty good deal.
With 4 people, you can get a decent deal. For example, if the scalper is charging 20 per ticket, you can get him to give it to you for 60 (15/person). Plus, there are 30000 empty seats every night at the park. If you persist, the scalper will give in if you realize that he is going to lose money on 4 tickets without you. 4 is a lot of tickets and I'm sure the scalpers would love to unload 4 tickets. Last time, I bought 3 tickets for about $50 (section 201 against O's, an attractive opponent). He wanted $60, but I talked to another scalper (there are like 15 of them), and got a decent deal.

If it doesn't work out, you could always buy tickets from different sections and tell your party to come sit next to you because there is 30,000 empty seats. The ushers don't care as long as you aren't in one of the premium sections

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Best strategy, often tickets are dumped on Stub Hub day of the game as people realize they aren't going to make the game.  There is some risk but often really good prices.  Check daily for offerings.

Offline wthell44

Thank you for your suggestions, you guys have been very helpful.

Offline NatsDad14

Craigslist is your best option to avoid charges. You would not do well to try to get 4 tickets from scalpers out front.
If he is close to game time, he has leverage. Sometimes the scalpers are stubborn. But you have to remember that scalpers are like women. Overall they are stubborn and nagy, but there's plenty of them and all you need is to find 1 that isn't like that. With 20 scalpers and 30,000 empty seats, odds are in your favor if you are smart.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Best strategy, often tickets are dumped on Stub Hub day of the game as people realize they aren't going to make the game.  There is some risk but often really good prices.  Check daily for offerings.

Risk of not getting the tickets he's looking for if the market doesn't drop right before the cutoff time; there's virtually no risk of getting ripped off on StubHub.  I recommend checking several times a day since the best deals get snapped up quick.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Risk of not getting the tickets he's looking for if the market doesn't drop right before the cutoff time; there's virtually no risk of getting ripped off on StubHub.  I recommend checking several times a day since the best deals get snapped up quick.

Agreed, I was alluding to risk of not getting tickets he wants, not fraud risk.

Online imref

We parked in the yards last night for 25, very close and easy to get out. We bought tickets at the kiosks, I think the service charge was around 4 dollars for 3 tickets.  For 20 you can park near the 7/11 at maine/s. Cap.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
We're big walkers, and we're cheap (well, we like to save our money for beer and food). To my great satisfaction, I found that Nationals site lists a $10 lot over on L.

The $5 lot near the Freeway looks a little sketchy. Anyone know how it is in reality?

We parked in the yards last night for 25, very close and easy to get out. We bought tickets at the kiosks, I think the service charge was around 4 dollars for 3 tickets.  For 20 you can park near the 7/11 at maine/s. Cap.  

Offline NatsDad14

We're big walkers, and we're cheap (well, we like to save our money for beer and food). To my great satisfaction, I found that Nationals site lists a $10 lot over on L.

The $5 lot near the Freeway looks a little sketchy. Anyone know how it is in reality?

I've parked there like 5 times. Hardly sketchy IMO. Your car is probably not going to get broken into. Plus, they usually have a cop stationed there.

Online imref

I've parked there like 5 times. Hardly sketchy IMO. Your car is probably not going to get broken into. Plus, they usually have a cop stationed there.

yeah, maybe a 10-15 minute walk along busy S. Capital St.  It's dark and under an overpass though.

Offline NatsDad14

yeah, maybe a 10-15 minute walk along busy S. Capital St.  It's dark and under an overpass though.
If you are worried about crime, I highly doubt that it would be scary. For the most part, it's kinda hard to do something sketchy without someone seeing it. If you are worried, just walk with a group.