Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417399 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2150: February 05, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
wow- no hazing process? haha.  Thanks! Looking forward to a great season. It will be nice to see Werth play again.

Just a minor haze, you have to read every post in the "Define Natitude" thread before you are allowed your third post.

...  and don't forget about the test.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2151: February 05, 2013, 02:36:51 PM »
...  and don't forget about the test.

The test?  Oh, that's right, the test.

You have to pick up Nathan and bring him to a game, but if Blue junk punches him it doesn't count and you have to repeat until you are successful.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2152: February 05, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
Wat?

Offline Rick

« Reply #2153: February 05, 2013, 04:25:39 PM »
 :lol:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2154: February 05, 2013, 05:11:33 PM »
The test?  Oh, that's right, the test.

You have to pick up Nathan and bring him to a game, but if Blue junk punches him it doesn't count and you have to repeat until you are successful.

and he has to make a lego of himself.

Offline OakCityNat

« Reply #2155: February 17, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
Hey guys. New to the board and the Nationals. Grew up watching the Braves on TBS. Between Chipper and Bobby retiring, and now the trade of Prado, I just don't find myself as connected to them anymore. Followed the Braves pretty closely, so it will be a change for sure. TV rules are really odd in Raleigh, and NC in general, so I can't get MASN with TWC. I'm in college, so DirecTV isn't really within reason either. These rules also have the Nats and O's blacked out through MLB.tv, which I think is ridiculous but I don't make the rules. I'll probably get the MLB radio app and listen to most games. At least we get our share of Sunday Night Baseball this year.

I love Alexandria and DC, hoping to work there when I get out of college in 2 years, so I figured I would pick the Nats up. They're also much closer to Raleigh than Atlanta, so I can make Sunday day trips.

I'm also a big NC State fan. Hopefully we have some Virginia or Maryland fans on here so we can have some ACC banter.

Look forward to joining you guys in some baseball discussions.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #2156: February 17, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »
Welcome OakCityNat! Sucks so hear about the MLB.tv blackouts.

There are quite a few Maryland fans, including current students (like me) or alumni, so I'm sure you can find yourself some banter!

And we have LOTS of baseball discussions... maybe not about topics that matter but we do have a lot! :mg:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2157: February 18, 2013, 12:33:43 PM »
I'm also a big NC State fan. Hopefully we have some Virginia or Maryland fans on here so we can have some ACC banter.
Well, you'll have banter from the UMD alumni for one more year.  But hey, I grew up < 3 miles from BC.  :smh:

Welcome.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2158: March 12, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
Well. Let's see how this goes.  Some of us came here to honestly escape you.  We do have active mods here.  I'm willing to be open-minded though.  Hope you enjoy it here.

Sup now?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2159: March 12, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
Sup now?

Ran into Kimnat last fall in Vienna selling doughnuts or something like that with her daughter for a Girl Scout thing.

Fiesty as ever! 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2160: March 12, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »
Welcome Oak city and Ray.  Grew up in MD.   So I root for Terps even though I never went there.   Went to a small college in Ohio.  NATS AND CAPS fanatic!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2161: March 19, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »

She & I had completely opposite political views.  But we could discuss ideas and never get upset at the other.

Ran into Kimnat last fall in Vienna selling doughnuts or something like that with her daughter for a Girl Scout thing.

Fiesty as ever! 

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2162: March 19, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
I know Kimnat and "talk" to her on Facebook.   Kids are getting big.   Son still doing well.

Offline wjb3000

« Reply #2163: March 27, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
Hey everyone,
Just introducing myself, I'm new to the DC Metro area (originally from Boston) and have of course taken on the Nats as my second home team.  As a huge baseball fan, and the Nats showing so much promise this year, I decided to pick up some season tix (something I never did with the Red Sox).  I can already tell I'm in store for a great year of baseball.  Really looking forward to Opening Day.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #2164: March 27, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
Hey everyone,
Just introducing myself, I'm new to the DC Metro area (originally from Boston) and have of course taken on the Nats as my second home team.  As a huge baseball fan, and the Nats showing so much promise this year, I decided to pick up some season tix (something I never did with the Red Sox).  I can already tell I'm in store for a great year of baseball.  Really looking forward to Opening Day.

Welcome!  :woop:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2165: March 29, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
As if JCA needed any further encouragement... :roll:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2166: March 29, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
hey, I got in a Jackie Bradley Jr post today, so I'm walking on sunshine! 

I never had sox season tickets either. 

Offline sph274

« Reply #2167: April 09, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »
So have been lurking on this board for some time now, created an account to combat a lot of the apocalyptic reactions after the reds series. Born and raised in Southern MD, went to school in NYC, but my father is from Dedham, MA, so I was raised a fan of the Red Sox. Can't really root for the orioles but when the Nats moved to town I picked them up as my local, NL team(also, tickets used to be so cheap back when they sucked). I like to frequent this board and the good Red Sox board (http://sonsofsamhorn.net/), that one is full of great stuff for fellow Red Sox fans. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2168: April 09, 2013, 12:57:18 PM »
sph274 - welcome. I can always use reinforcements on the Nats/ Red Sox one from each league loyalty program.  I read but do not register at the other site.  I like seeing the "do you want girlfriends from Asia" ads, and think if ever signed up that would go away.

Offline sph274

« Reply #2169: April 09, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
sph274 - welcome. I can always use reinforcements on the Nats/ Red Sox one from each league loyalty program.  I read but do not register at the other site.  I like seeing the "do you want girlfriends from Asia" ads, and think if ever signed up that would go away.

you have to "earn" a right to post on the actual red sox board there but anyone can participate in the game threads, mlb discussion, and minor league stuff. i just recently registered over there, have decided to fully commit to this "baseball online discussion" thing

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2170: April 09, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
Welcome SPH!

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #2171: April 13, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
I'm really starting to tire of all the SF and PC type comments.  I can usually tolerate the two of them, but it seems like so many posters are now just on the team's jock waiting for them to falter so they can complain.  I guess that comes with the territory now but I think I have had enough.  I somewhat understand why MDS isn't around anymore and I think it may be time for me to do the same.  Too much whining and overreacting and way too little sanity.

I'll see how things go throughout the season but this is sayonara for now.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2172: April 13, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2173: April 13, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

It's your fault spider.   I knew it !!!    I don't understand why you announce it.   Just leave  ....    Told my wife I ain't going to therapy.  I ain't reconciling.    I ain't joining a Bible class.   I'm simply gone.   She wished me good luck.   I stayed 'cause I didn't wanna hurt her feelings.   :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2174: April 13, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
:rofl: