Author Topic: No new owner this season  (Read 1256 times)

gosensgo05

Re: No new owner this season
« Topic Start: August 20, 2005, 02:45:05 PM »
I'm really pissed with this recent news.  MLB is stalling the sale of the Nationals so they can rake in every cent from the ticket and merchandise sales.  Can someone tell me I am wrong here?  

I think MLB should give a $50 million rebate to the new owners because the sale should have been consummated by the All-Star break.  

Those Montreal fans were right about Bud Seaslug, DuPuke, and the other MLB cronies.  They want to get $$$$$ at the expense of a team and a city.  That's why those clowns made the Expos fail in Montreal.  

If there is not a new owner by October 2, 2005, there should be a class-action lawsuit filed against the commissioner and the league.  I think Malek and other potential groups should file lawsuits if MLB doesn't select a bidder by October 2.  

A federal court order should be warranted if necessary.  

Quote from: "Montcobaseball"
First it was by the all star break, then mid-August, and now............

PASADENA, Calif. -- The sale of the Major League Baseball-owned and operated Washington Nationals should be complete by early September, with possible approval and closing by the end of the season, MLB's second-highest official said on Wednesday.
Eight groups are still in the running, with the three that have the strongest ties to the District among the top candidates. On Wednesday, a report was presented to the relocation committee, which has overseen the team's move from Montreal and its sale, and later heard by the executive council.

"The Commissioner is committed, he said, to getting this done within 30 days," Bob DuPuy -- MLB's vice president, chief operating officer and No. 2 official behind Commissioner Bud Selig -- said. "Ballpark, Labor Day. That's still our target for announcing a winner."