Author Topic: Android Thread  (Read 43715 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Android Thread
« Reply #200: July 10, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
Wifi password?

That one had me a bit concerned, then I decided, what the freak, what's done is done, and conceded that my life has been given over to my benevolent Google masters.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #201: July 10, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
Got my SIII ..... very nice

Online Slateman

« Reply #202: July 11, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
So, does anyone know how to activate the FM Tuner on the SIII? I keep reading that it has one, but then the instructions are rather weird. Something about downloading an app that controls the Samsung radio widget

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #203: July 11, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
So, does anyone know how to activate the FM Tuner on the SIII? I keep reading that it has one, but then the instructions are rather weird. Something about downloading an app that controls the Samsung radio widget

i have it on the incredible 2x and it's amazing. 

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #204: July 11, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
i have it on the incredible 2x and it's amazing. 

HahahahahahahahahaaahhhahahahAaa, puny phone.

Online Slateman

« Reply #205: July 11, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »
I had it on my Incredible. But not one on the SIII. Freaking lame. Can't listen to Nats games on my phone

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #206: July 11, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
HahahahahahahahahaaahhhahahahAaa, puny phone.

i love my phone

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #207: July 11, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
i love my phone

Sorry about that, by all accounts it's a great phone.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #208: July 11, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »
Sit and spin.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #209: July 11, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

I've been trying to figure that out as well. If I have any luck I'll post it here.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #210: July 12, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »
Does anyone have a BlueTooth Heart Rate Monitor?

I have a regular one that communicates with my watch, so, I can look down and see my heart rate at a given time. That way I can stop or slow down if my heart rate gets too high.

But I was hoping that I could get one that will talk with an Android app and store the data with my bike/running speed, as well as overlaying it with the GPS data to tell me whether or not I was climbing a hill, etc. I've read a few reviews and none of them seem to deliver as promised.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #211: July 12, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »
the new galaxy nexus mini tablet is getting rave reviews, i saw one this morning that said it is a kindle fire killer.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #212: July 12, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »
Kindle Fire 2 supposedly comes out in August

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #213: July 12, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
My wife is looking to get a tablet that is mulitfuntional in that she can do work stuff on it, email, surf the net and whatnot. We have a $150 Bestbuy gift card and would like to keep the price under $500. What is the best bang for the buck out there? Better yet, is there any laptop in that range that would be a better bargain than a tablet? I really appreciate any advice. She gets the gift card because I got a new PS3 and MLB the Show in March :lol:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #214: July 12, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
My wife is looking to get a tablet that is mulitfuntional in that she can do work stuff on it, email, surf the net and whatnot. We have a $150 Bestbuy gift card and would like to keep the price under $500. What is the best bang for the buck out there? Better yet, is there any laptop in that range that would be a better bargain than a tablet? I really appreciate any advice. She gets the gift card because I got a new PS3 and MLB the Show in March :lol:

it depends- you can get a decent laptop for cheaper, but in that price range, you won't get instant booting, so it won't really be something that lies around and you can grab and e-mail. I would say if you guys have the energy after the surgery to go and test things out. What kind of work stuff does she want to do? If it's heavy word processing or spreadsheet/data base manipulation, a lap top is the better bet

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #215: July 12, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
Really, a lot of it is because she sells this 31 stuff on the side. It's purses, bags and what not. She wants something she can use for reading, the net, placing orders etc... I'd love a new powerful desk top, but she gets what she wants... this time.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #216: July 12, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
I'd go laptop personally since I find data entry to be easier, try going to best buy (or an apple store) and playing with a tablet- some people are great at typing on them, others like me suck

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #217: July 12, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
Some Best Buys even have apple stores inside too.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #218: July 12, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »
the new galaxy nexus mini tablet is getting rave reviews, i saw one this morning that said it is a kindle fire killer.

I need one. ASAP.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #219: July 12, 2012, 06:45:09 PM »
I'd go laptop personally since I find data entry to be easier, try going to best buy (or an apple store) and playing with a tablet- some people are great at typing on them, others like me suck

Problem is, the nearest Best Buys are in Hagerstown or Altoona. Either way it's about an hour travel time. We were at the one in Hagerstown today. She likes the ones like the one I'm using now that has a blue tooth keyboard, dock and wireless mouse. This one was like $1200 but we don't need one that nice.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #220: July 12, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »

how tech savvy is she?  For simplicity I'd recommend an ipad (wifi only) with one of those combo case/keyboards)   total cost is about $550 before tax.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #221: July 12, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
She has an android phone now that she's constantly messing around with. She's not a tech geek or anything, but she's smart enough to figure things out given enough time. Besides, I'm pretty good with that stuff too, though it's usually just messing around until I get something.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #222: July 12, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
My wife has a Toshiba Thrive Android tablet. It's not much different functionally than the iPad, and a lot cheaper. If she already has an Android phone, she'll be able to sync a lot of the data. But it depends on how much of a "computer" she needs to her work, whether to go tablet or laptop.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #223: July 12, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
She has an android phone now that she's constantly messing around with. She's not a tech geek or anything, but she's smart enough to figure things out given enough time. Besides, I'm pretty good with that stuff too, though it's usually just messing around until I get something.

Since she has an android phone I'd go with an Android tablet, apple doesn't play nice with other operating systems.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #224: July 12, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »
Oh, God. You invited in the Holy Warriors to take up the cause... ;)

Since she has an android phone I'd go with an Android tablet, apple doesn't play nice with other operating systems.