Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 89625 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Yup. I think we're all Nats fans and I don't think an avatar bet will have someone like hammonds or Linty on the last game of the season cheering against the Nats. On the reverse, if we miss the playoffs, the smallest of my concerns will be an avatar bet. It's just for fun.
I'm much less confident in my bet than I was before getting azz pounded in a game the Nats started DeRosa, but I'm not going to wuss out after one game.

My offer is 20 or 30 days (your call) of a specific avatar and the writing underneath. I win if the Nats make a playoff, I lose if we miss. If the Nats miss you get the joy of watching me sport an avatar of your choice. Bet obviously off if we make a good waiver wire addition or we have a big injury to a guy like ZNN, Zimmerman, or Morse. We'll let a third poster decide whether the waiver wire pickup or injury invalidates the bet.

Here is the avatar I would want you to use if the Nats make the playoffs;

(Image removed from quote.)
"JESUS FLORES MVP"

(I think the whole assclown avatar is played out but if you want to go that way instead of HRod or DeRosa, your decision)

Deal.

I say we make MDS the impartial third party.  For the record, I don't hate Flores, I think he's a good backup and would excel in a role where he started 40-50 games per season.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Deal.

I say we make MDS the impartial third party.  For the record, I don't hate Flores, I think he's a good backup and would excel in a role where he started 40-50 games per season.
What picture do I have to look forward to?

MDS's ideal solution would be us both walking outside and killing ourselves. Just how he rolls. However, I can still accept him as the 3rd party. His anger is fair to all parties.

Offline BigMeech

The Nats needed a back-up catcher

How about an actual starter?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
What picture do I have to look forward to?

And the text underneath will read, "FINGAGUNZ nagES!"

I say we make it for the entire off-season - until pitchers and catchers report.

Offline zoom

So Mike, has Big Dick Richie called you back yet?

What does this mean?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

I say we make it for the entire off-season - until pitchers and catchers report.
Holy moley, I may need to just adopt that anyway.

I'm down for full offseason until pitchers and catchers, but in return for changing the length, I am switching the picture to

"SCREECH IS MY BFF"

Not as creative as your's but I would love to go an offseason seeing an avatar of everyone's favorite pantless chicken.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

I'm down for full offseason until pitchers and catchers, but in return for changing the length, I am switching the picture to

"SCREECH IS MY BFF"

Not as creative as your's but I would love to go an offseason seeing an avatar of everyone's favorite pantless chicken.

Pretty sure Screech is an eagle, not a chicken.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude

Wait, wait, wait wait.  I think I speak for the vast majority of "We, the posters of WNFF" when I say I strenuously object to Smithian being involved in any kind of avatar bet, especially one involving the entirety of the cold, cruel off-season UNLESS a suitable foster home can be found for his current avatar.  I for one would hate to see the young lady turned out into the cold of November and December, especially considering that she seems somewhat inappropriately clad for that kind of climate.

So - I vote no on Smithian's participation, or vote that we rig things so he wins, or vote that a suitable adoptive parent be found for his avatar for the duration of his farting rainbows and sh!tting sunshine.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
So how would you guys grade our trade deadline this year? Incomplete?

Offline Glockypoo

So how would you guys grade our trade deadline this year? Incomplete?

DNP - GM's decision

Offline Jski

Wait, wait, wait wait.  I think I speak for the vast majority of "We, the posters of WNFF" when I say I strenuously object to Smithian being involved in any kind of avatar bet, especially one involving the entirety of the cold, cruel off-season UNLESS a suitable foster home can be found for his current avatar.  I for one would hate to see the young lady turned out into the cold of November and December, especially considering that she seems somewhat inappropriately clad for that kind of climate.

So - I vote no on Smithian's participation, or vote that we rig things so he wins, or vote that a suitable adoptive parent be found for his avatar for the duration of his farting rainbows and sh!tting sunshine.

I support this message!

Offline sportsfan882

Nats are only team out of the 7 contending teams in the NL that didn't make a move. Speaks volumes.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
Nats are only team out of the 7 contending teams in the NL that didn't make a move. Speaks volumes.

Sure does.  Those other seven teams are SCARED of the Nasty Nats!!!!!  ;)

Offline HalfSmokes

Phil Wood said big trades happen after the waiver period?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Pretty sure Screech is an eagle, not a chicken.

Modern day Screech is an eagle. Baby screech? That is a war chicken.

She will be moved to my signature

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
She will be moved to my signature

Oh, thank goodness.  I'd hate to see that poor dear in trouble.  She seems smart.  ;)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
August deals requiring waivers and info about waived players are in a separate topic.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=27337.0

Offline GSW

"We like who we are, and we like where we’re at and we like the composition of the roster,” Rizzo said.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Offline hammondsnats

season ended on july 31 at 4pm.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Damn you nages are whiny

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Damn you nages are whiny

Just remember this the next time an umpire misses a close call in the early innings of a game.    8)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Just remember this the next time an umpire misses a close call in the early innings of a game.    8)

That's not whining, that's a complete an unadulterated Rant

:rant: :asplode: :rant:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I sat and thought about this as I was watching us get pounded by the Philthies - I don't think this is the case.  I don't think Smithian thinks he's superior to you, hammonds or anyone else who questions the FO.  I think you're looking to make things personal.

On top of that, if someone were to take up Smithian on the bet, I don't view that as "rooting against the Nats."  You are supposed to gamble with your head and not your heart. 

So, with that said, I would like to take Smithian up on his bet because I think once Strasburg reaches his limit and Zimmermann gets to 180 or so innings and starts to lose his control, this team is in big, big trouble.  It's so imperative that we win the division so we don't burn Gio in a play-in game.  I also don't think Werth was on the tear that Kentuck Nationals thinks he was on when he went down and adding him is more likely to cause problems than solve them (and I am a big fan of Werth).  I think LaRoch started hot and now he's back to being the decent 1B he's been his whole career but nothing special enough to warrant relying on him.

Again, not rooting against the Nats but it seems like there is writing on the wall.

My opinion changes if we make a waiver trade for a good bat or a starter like Cliff Lee or something...
..lots of post....

"SCREECH IS MY BFF"

Really like you Minty and I will let you make the call whether or not Kurt Suzuki counts as a big waiver pickup that voids the deal.

Glad to see my optimism was fell founded on this thread.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Suzuki was a hell of a pickup.

Offline NatsTheFats

Suzuki was a hell of a pickup.

Yep. I have looked at minimal stats but I have watched nearly every inning since we picked him up.  He is a stud behind the plate.  Very Pudgesche.  He has had some good at bats too.

I have to think that the pitchers love him but don't want to dog on Flores publicly.