Author Topic: MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!  (Read 1195 times)

Nationalzfanatic88

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Topic Start: September 17, 2005, 04:45:39 PM »
Hahaha, omg, did anyone else see the game between the Phillies and the Marlins on national television? Dontrelle Willis was pitching a shutout going into the 9th. His team was up 2-0. The commentators kept saying that "even if Dontrelle runs into trouble, they have one of the best closers (Todd Jones) to back him up." So, Dontrelle gives up a couple of hits and Todd Jones comes to close it out. The Marlins just fell apart. IT WAS SO FUNNY.  They Marlins ended up with four erros in the inning, thats not including the two pop ups that Juan Pierre (the guy who some of you think would be better than Wilky :roll: ) and Castillo couldnt catch. The Phillies scored TEN RUNS. Thats the most that the Phillies have scored in the 9th inning in the long history of the team. It was so great to watch. In the last two weeks of the season to see the Marlins fall apart like that was the best thing ever. It was even better when they would show the Marlins in the dug out. They all looked like they just died. That must be crushing to a teams spirits. It also means that if we win tonight will be tied with the Marlins. O, I love baseball.

Offline rileyn

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #1: September 17, 2005, 08:32:05 PM »
Well, it's not so funny to me considering they were playing the Phillies.  We want these same Marlins that you are laughing at today to win tomorrow.

Also, unfortuantely it looks like the Brewers are melting down against the Astros.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #2: September 17, 2005, 08:57:35 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Well, it's not so funny to me considering they were playing the Phillies.  We want these same Marlins that you are laughing at today to win tomorrow.

Also, unfortuantely it looks like the Brewers are melting down against the Astros.

stole the words right out of my mouth rileyn

Nationalzfanatic88

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #3: September 17, 2005, 09:22:39 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"

Actually in this case I dont think it really matters, I mean the Phillies and Marlins both have very difficult schedules. And besides the Marlins are the more talented team, the Phillies will most likely collapse in the final few weeks but the Marlins might pull it off. So this might crush their spirits.

Offline rileyn

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #4: September 17, 2005, 09:40:48 PM »
Don't look now but the Phillies won 3 out of 4 from Atlanta and now have won 2 in a row in Florida.  I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

Nationalzfanatic88

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #5: September 17, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »
The only team that worries me is the Astros because of their COMPLETELY UNFAIR SCHEDULE. I have a suggetion, that they wait until the end of August to make the September schedules, so that way no contenders have an advantage

Offline UMDNats

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #6: September 18, 2005, 12:59:33 AM »
life aint fair. hopefully it stays competitve down to the wire.

dotsandloops

MARLINS MELTDOWN!!!!
« Reply #7: September 18, 2005, 01:54:29 AM »
NATS MELTDOWN!!!!

:(