Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3  (Read 14317 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Topic Start: April 28, 2011, 11:13:15 AM »
Game Time: 7:05 ET
Venue: Nationals Park
TV: MASN HD, MLB.TV
Radio: WJFK 106.7

(11-13)

Chris Capuano
2-1, 5.95 ERA, 1.53 WHIP
vs Nats:  2-2, 4.01 ERA

SS - Jose Reyes
2B - Daniel Murphy
3B - David Wright
RF - Carlos Beltran
LF - Jason Bay
1B - Ike Davis
C - Josh Thole
CF - Willie Harris
P - Chris Capuano

(10-13)  

Livan Hernandez
2-2, 3.48 ERA, 1.32 WHIP
vs Mets:  12-14, 4.21 ERA

Danny Espinosa - 2B
Rick Ankiel - CF
Jayson Werth - RF
Adam LaRoche - 1B
Michael Morse - LF
Ian Desmond - SS
Joey Hairston - 3B
Ivan Rodriguez - C
Livan Hernandez - P

We are monitoring the situation and will keep you updated as information becomes available

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 3
« Reply #1: April 28, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Gary Carter should be catching both teams.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #2: April 28, 2011, 11:20:58 AM »
For those going tonight: Yahoo! Weather, despite the bleak conditions this morning, still sees 'Tonight: Some clouds this evening will give way to mainly clear skies overnight. Low 54F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph'. Capital Weather Gang's NatCast sees 'A fine night to hit the ball park. For those of you with a low chill threshold, a jacket for game's end is not a bad idea. The earlier in the day cold front and storms should be long gone and dry weather prevails.' - temperatures in upper 60's for first pitch, in low 60's by ninth inning, just 5% chance of precip.

Yesterday's announced attendance of 13,568 was the eighth-smallest in Nationals Park history and an all-time Nats Park low against the Mets...worst-ever Thursday attendance at Nats Park was 14,633 against the Astros on 23rd September 2010...despite the expected improved weather (the team really has been unfortunate on that front this season), could any of these records fall tonight?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #3: April 28, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
the team is playing like crap ... that might be why some folks want to stay away from Nats Park.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #4: April 28, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
the team is playing like crap ... that might be why some folks want to stay away from Nats Park.

That too, of course...but the weather-wussiness of this area is the stuff of legends. (I will, in fact, admit that if there's major rain and/or thunder/lightning I generally won't go to the ballpark myself on a weeknight - but only because I have to go to work at 06.00 in the morning and thus have limited capacity for weeknight rain delays.)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: April 28, 2011, 11:32:33 AM »
Since the beginning of the season, there has been no game that I didn't stay through that I attended, watched or listened to 'til the last out  ....   until last night.   I bailed early because I'm weary of this stuff (season) and it's still April.    I'll start the game again tonight on the TV.   If I bail out again because of our poor defense or no offense, I will have to start ranting about Rizzo, Riggleman, the owners, the players, etc.   Up to now, it's all been in fun.   Let's wake/shake this team up.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #6: April 28, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »
but only because I have to go to work at 06.00 in the morning and thus have limited capacity for weeknight rain delays.)

Most people in this area have the same problem.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: April 28, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
Since the beginning of the season, there has been no game that I didn't stay through that I attended, watched or listened to 'til the last out  ....   until last night.   I bailed early because I'm weary of this stuff (season) and it's still April.    I'll start the game again tonight on the TV.   If I bail out again because of our poor defense or no offense, I will have to start ranting about Rizzo, Riggleman, the owners, the players, etc.   Up to now, it's all been in fun.   Let's wake/shake this team up.

even when clip gave up the homer, for some reason i had faith ... we got one right back in the next frame ... and couldn't close it out.  we're 10-13 but feel like we're 3-20.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #8: April 28, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »
 Thanks for posting the Gameday thread so early, JMU.     :cheers:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #9: April 28, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »
I bailed early because I'm weary of this stuff (season) and it's still April.   

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #11: April 28, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That should be posted whenever someone says something about how this team is "only two years away from contending/competing."

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #12: April 28, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
That should be posted whenever someone says something about how this team is "only two years away from contending/competing."
  No, this is what should be posted in that case:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #13: April 28, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »

Since most games begin at 7 I wish this clock read 7 so we could post it in every game thread.  :bang:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #14: April 28, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
 No, this is what should be posted in that case:
(Image removed from quote.)

Careful. Last night some were accused of not being Nats fans or rooting against the Nats (which is probably worse) for not drinking the kool-aid.   :koolaid:

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #15: April 28, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
Maybe we can liek, win n stuf today... amirite???

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: April 28, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
Careful. Last night some were accused of not being Nats fans or rooting against the Nats (which is probably worse) for not drinking the kool-aid.   :koolaid:

Yeah but Chief nag-slapped him and put him in his place!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #17: April 28, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

I'm going to have a hard time not freaking with those people in the GDT's from now on.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #18: April 28, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »
I am going tonight and Friday, but at least Friday I get to watch Lincecum. Tonight all I will see is the Nats getting owned by a team that will suck later in the year when their entire line-up is hurt.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #19: April 28, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »

The beatings must continue until morale improves!

Aw the heck with that, lets just start breaking things

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #20: April 28, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
I'm not sure if I'll tune in. Dinner with some friends and then I really need a decent night of sleep. Going to the game tomorrow and watching all weekend, so yeah.

I'll listen to Charlie and Dave when I'm in the car, though.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #21: April 28, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
Hey JMU   At first I thought it was Welch who authored the GDT.

Where did you come up with Kite Thomas. I never heard of him and I had to look him up . Turns out he played less than 40 games for the Senartors in '53.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #22: April 28, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
Hey JMU   At first I thought it was Welch who authored the GDT.

Where did you come up with Kite Thomas. I never heard of him and I had to look him up . Turns out he played less than 40 games for the Senartors in '53.

My grandfather was a huge Senators fan back in the day and for some reason (I'm guessing because they played .500 ball that season) he always would talk about the 1953 team.  While I know most of the players from the team because of him, I can't take credit for knowing about Thomas, I just pulled his name from one of the lineups.  The Mets lineup comes from one of their 1986 games.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #23: April 28, 2011, 04:37:24 PM »
The Mets lineup comes from one of their 1986 games.
Sadly, I knew that.

Offline natstime

« Reply #24: April 28, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »
Why on earth is Ramos out???  You'd think with the awful awful offensive struggles they are going through they wouldnt be so concerned with seniority and play who gives you the best shot to win.  Do they realize that while Pudge is a hall of famer he didnt do any of that for us.  When its all over we arnt the one's retiring his number.