Author Topic: Playoff ticket distribution for season ticket groups?  (Read 9221 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
My ticket rep told me this very thing earlier today.  If you carry a $1,500 credit after the Nats are out of the playoffs and renewal of your 2012 plan costs $1,000, the other $500 will be refunded.  That's exactly what she told me.

That makes sense.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

Makes it seem like they're worried about getting their price on the playoff tickets. No reason a 20 game plan holder should get a better deal than the full season guys other than that.

Offline Obed_Marsh

My ticket rep told me this very thing earlier today.  If you carry a $1,500 credit after the Nats are out of the playoffs and renewal of your 2012 plan costs $1,000, the other $500 will be refunded.  That's exactly what she told me.

I jumped on it early. I hope that applies to me as well. If not, that would be pretty crappy.

Offline Wormer

The biggest challenge I have right now is trying to figure out exactly how much each postseason ticket costs so my partners know how much they will be paying. I'm not clear (and I don't think the Nats are either) how many games to divide costs of the strip by. If anyone knows, please share.

Playoff ticket prices are as follows:
 - "Tiebreaker" (Wild-Card Play-in game) ($55 per seat)
-   Wild-Card game: $80 per ticket
-   Division series: $80 per ticket
-   NL Championship: $115 per ticket
-   World Series: $250 per ticket.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Thanks. What's the reg season price of your tickets? I am assuming the prices differ based on seat location.

Offline rbw5t

Thanks for the info!  Does anyone have a similar breakdown for other sets of seats?  (I'm in 405 normally, and am offered playoff seats in 403, so I'm particularly interested in the breakdown for the $10 cheap seats, but would be interested to learn about pricing more generally as well).

Offline Tim Cullen

First off, any amount you pay over your 2013 ticket price will be credited to your credit card (I got the exact same explanation from my ticket rep).

My season tickets are $17 and the playoff breakdown for them are as such:

$17 for the wild card game
$30 for the divisional round
$60 for the championship round
$105 for the World Series

Offline Wormer

Thanks. What's the reg season price of your tickets? I am assuming the prices differ based on seat location.

Ooops, sorry- that would help. :-)  I'm Infield Club - 214 Row B  - $55 per seat for regular season games. 

So it looks like the play-in game price is = to regular season ticket price.

Offline rbw5t

Thanks!!

I find the relationship of those two sets of prices interesting/baffling.  I'm guessing Tim's seats are Outfield Gallery, and Wormer's are Infield Club.

The relative price ratios for each round (not counting a play-in) are: $17/55 (31%), $30/80 (38%), $60/115 (52%), and $105/250 (42%).

Why on earth should an Outfield Gallery seat cost only 31% of an Infield Club seat for the Wildcard round, but 52% for the NLCS, and then back down to 42% for the WS?  It seems like they just completely made up the prices, on a package/strip basis, and then assigned round-by-round prices after the fact.

Offline Wormer

Thanks!!

I find the relationship of those two sets of prices interesting/baffling.  I'm guessing Tim's seats are Outfield Gallery, and Wormer's are Infield Club.

The relative price ratios for each round (not counting a play-in) are: $17/55 (31%), $30/80 (38%), $60/115 (52%), and $105/250 (42%).

Why on earth should an Outfield Gallery seat cost only 31% of an Infield Club seat for the Wildcard round, but 52% for the NLCS, and then back down to 42% for the WS?  It seems like they just completely made up the prices, on a package/strip basis, and then assigned round-by-round prices after the fact.

The ticket rep I spoke with said the prices are set by MLB. For whatever that's worth :-)

Offline Tim Cullen

My rep also said that MLB gets a certain number of tickets for each game and we are not guaranteed that will we get our exact seats for the games.  I am five seats over.  The guy behind me got my seats.  Go figure.

Online HalfSmokes

My rep also said that MLB gets a certain number of tickets for each game and we are not guaranteed that will we get our exact seats for the games.  I am five seats over.  The guy behind me got my seats.  Go figure.

almost makes you wish baseball had PSLs

Offline Dave B

I think stubhub will handle most of your problems. Except for maybe the cheap seats in the early rounds, I doubt you are getting much of a deal from the nats. The yankees game was pretty big and stubhub prices were still sane. Another gauge might be the upcoming braves series. one thing that might temper demand is the late start for a lot of these games.
 But if you must, everyone knows some kind of ookie cookie game is the fairest way to settle matters of possession

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
When can us non-season ticket holders purchase playoff tickets?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future

Yea?

I would definitely purchase tickets.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Buy 2013 season tickets.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Just got this from the head of my ticket group, very interesting that the additional strips cost more than the regular strips, the team certainly did not state that in the published information:

Quote from: MostAwsomeGroupLeader
One ticket for NL games in our seats is $1160; the additional strips are $1300 (dugout box, location unknown); One ticket for WS games in our seats is $1160; the additional strips are $1480.

Offline loshjott

I think stubhub will handle most of your problems. Except for maybe the cheap seats in the early rounds, I doubt you are getting much of a deal from the nats. The yankees game was pretty big and stubhub prices were still sane. Another gauge might be the upcoming braves series. one thing that might temper demand is the late start for a lot of these games.
 But if you must, everyone knows some kind of ookie cookie game is the fairest way to settle matters of possession

This is Washington, DC. Every self-proclaimed big wig with disposable income will want to go to a playoff game. Stubhub prices will be sky high.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
My seats are $45 and in Sec. 113. Below are the postseason prices for my strips. We will be getting them.

Potential tie-breaker: $45
Wild Card Game: $65
NLDS: $65
NLCS: $110
WS: $200

I got the impression that my seats were reserved until Aug. 31 when they will be released. That's in the language on the website.
"Purchase your tickets by August 31, 2012 to guarantee your reservation for the 2012 postseason. After August 31, we will assume you do not wish to purchase tickets and your seats will be sold. "

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Has anyone heard when the "opportunity to purchase two additional postseason strips" will hit your account if you renew?

Offline santanaf

Has anyone heard when the "opportunity to purchase two additional postseason strips" will hit your account if you renew?

I actually called my ticket rep about the two extras the day I got the email, emailed back a signed contract, and the tickets showed up in My Nationals Tickets about 4 days later waiting for payment. My 2 "extra" strips are 21 rows behind my season tickets in the same section. They did cost more than my ST strip by a few hundred dollars for my 2 seats.

Offline Dave B

This is Washington, DC. Every self-proclaimed big wig with disposable income will want to go to a playoff game. Stubhub prices will be sky high.

Those people only want free tickets and only want to sit in the best 5k or less seats or be in a luxury box. I like my chances of buying a ticket in the upper deck or whatever for less than 50 bucks. . You could get into the yankees series for 25 bucks. Ok, playoffs are more important but you also remove 15k yankees fans from the equation

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Those people only want free tickets and only want to sit in the best 5k or less seats or be in a luxury box. I like my chances of buying a ticket in the upper deck or whatever for less than 50 bucks. . You could get into the yankees series for 25 bucks. Ok, playoffs are more important but you also remove 15k yankees fans from the equation
Oh I hope so, that's the only way I could ever see a playoff game. I'm going to be hoping for some sub $50 seats and then I'd be able to go to one playoff game.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
You can always get single seats wherever and then watch from some decent spot on the concourse. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm really thinking hard about coming down and trying to hit our first playoff game. How hard do you think it'll be to score tix for a non season ticket holder? I'd just love to be there for our first playoff game. Hell, a Philthies fan friend of mine said he'd like to go to and root for the Nats. He's a baseball fan that happens to have poor taste lol... He also goes to a good many Bucco games too.