Author Topic: Kory Casto back!  (Read 4912 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Kory Casto back!
« Reply #25: May 23, 2008, 12:43:56 PM »
That's what I'm saying. You can't have 1 huge OBP guy and total garbage surrounding him. That's why I don't want Langerhans up. We need some power along with OBP. Nick >>>> Langerhans.
I agree.  We need more guys that can actually hit and drive runs in.  Langerhans is going to walk or strike out which does nothing for our offense. We already have enough guys that just stand at the plate hoping to get on base only via the walk because they know they can't hit.

Offline BangZoom

« Reply #26: May 23, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
Kory is 6-for-14 with 7 rbi's, 3 extra base hits and a 2/3 bb/k ratio in his four games since coming back.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #27: May 24, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
Casto had 2 hits, including a homer, and a walk last night. Man he is on fire!

Numbers to date in Columbus: 2 HR, 3 Double, 11 RBI, 9 R, 8 BB, 10 K, 1 SB (.340 AVG/.436 OBP/.532 SLG) in 47 ABs.

I know it's less than 50 ABs but I'm starting to get a little excited. Casto might be finally living up to his potential.  :pray:

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #28: May 24, 2008, 02:06:36 PM »
Casto had 2 hits, including a homer, and a walk last night. Man he is on fire!

Numbers to date in Columbus: 2 HR, 3 Double, 11 RBI, 9 R, 8 BB, 10 K, 1 SB (.340 AVG/.436 OBP/.532 SLG) in 47 ABs.

I know it's less than 50 ABs but I'm starting to get a little excited. Casto might be finally living up to his potential.  :pray:

Yeah, im happy he is turning around and with our offence like ours, if he keeps it up he might be called up soon. :)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #29: May 25, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Casto remains on FIRE!! 2/4 today with a HR and 2 RBIs. He's now hitting .357 (.438 OBP) with 3 HR and 13 RBIs in 56 ABs.  :clap:

Offline heatchucker

« Reply #30: May 25, 2008, 09:57:35 PM »
He'll be on fire til he gets the call and then he'll freeze like he did last time and set himself back a year

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #31: May 25, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
Langerhans can't handle ML pressure. We have a couple of guys like that.
And I was told I am crazy for saying that about some of our players. Here is what I said at the beginning of the year. "We have guys who don't belong on winning teams, with Lo Duca and Belliard" You guys told me those are the only guys who knwo how to win. Well looks like all that time you guys told me I was an idiot then was just a waste of time, since it seems like no one wants Lo Duca on the team anymore.

Offline daveb32

« Reply #32: May 26, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
And I was told I am crazy for saying that about some of our players. Here is what I said at the beginning of the year. "We have guys who don't belong on winning teams, with Lo Duca and Belliard" You guys told me those are the only guys who knwo how to win. Well looks like all that time you guys told me I was an idiot then was just a waste of time, since it seems like no one wants Lo Duca on the team anymore.

To be fair, those people who don't want Lo Duca on the team, didn't want Lo Duca since the beginning.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #33: May 26, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
Well here ya go . . . Casto named IL Player of the Week

In his first full week of action since fracturing his wrist on April 9, Columbus outfielder Kory Casto hit .500 (12-24) with a pair of homers and a League-leading 10 RBI to claim IL Batter of the Week honors.

Casto hit safely in all six games this week, failing to get multiple hits just once. His three doubles and two home runs contributed to a League-best .556 on-base percentage, to go along with his batting average, which was tied for the IL lead. In a span of just six games, Casto has raised his season average from .250 to .357, and his slugging percentage from .405 to .571.

Casto closed out his week with four straight two-hit games against visiting Buffalo, a series which included his second and third home runs of the season. Casto was 2nd in the International League this week with 12 hits.

http://www.clippersmedia.com/

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: June 05, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
Don't you just love being right?!?!  I do. 

I told you so!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #35: June 05, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »
He'll be on fire til he gets the call and then he'll freeze like he did last time and set himself back a year
Bzzt!

.556 after 3 games, anyways...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #36: June 05, 2008, 11:16:10 PM »
Don't you just love being right?!?!  I do. 

I told you so!

:roll:

We don't need another AZ on this forum...

« Reply #37: June 05, 2008, 11:31:06 PM »
:rofl: Only three games Casto is declared the Messiah?

Give me a break. Wil Nieves anyone?

Take what he can give us, milk it, but let's not start given him golden hand jobs just yet.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #38: June 05, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »
:rofl: Only three games Casto is declared the Messiah?

Give me a break. Wil Nieves anyone?

Take what he can give us, milk it, but let's not start given him golden hand jobs just yet.

I agree that it's still too early to know what he actually is to this team, but there is a difference between Casto and Nieves. Casto is continuing what he was doing for 22 games in the minors. He's obviously better than the last time we saw him here.

« Reply #39: June 05, 2008, 11:43:10 PM »
I agree that it's still too early to know what he actually is to this team, but there is a difference between Casto and Nieves. Casto is continuing what he was doing for 22 games in the minors. He's obviously better than the last time we saw him here.

For the three games we have seen him in, yes he is, but so was Nieves his first few times out before he dropped like a stone. We'll see how Casto handles it.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #40: June 05, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »
For the three games we have seen him in, yes he is, but so was Nieves his first few times out before he dropped like a stone. We'll see how Casto handles it.

I think Nieves lost his momentum and good approach because he had to hand the starting job back over to Lo Duca when he came back. Sucks for him, but at least we have Flores.

Hopefully Casto is allowed to keep the job in the OF and they let his performance determine whether or not he loses it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #41: June 06, 2008, 12:37:12 AM »
Are we talking about the same Nieves?  Last time I checked he was still batting close to .300.  Saying he dropped like a rock is to say that you really believed he was playing at his ability before when he was hitting .350+, which seems a little silly.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he still manages to get at least a hit every time he starts.  All things considered, I see no problem with that.  He is the backup catcher after all.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #42: June 06, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »
I was just kidding I don't have that big of an ego.

I think Casto will keep it up though.  Would like to see him start everyday for the foreseeable future.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #43: June 06, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »
Are we talking about the same Nieves?  Last time I checked he was still batting close to .300.  Saying he dropped like a rock is to say that you really believed he was playing at his ability before when he was hitting .350+, which seems a little silly.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he still manages to get at least a hit every time he starts.  All things considered, I see no problem with that.  He is the backup catcher after all.

Agreed.  Nieves has not disappointed at all, it's just that Flores has excelled. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #44: June 06, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
Agreed.  Nieves has not disappointed at all, it's just that Flores has excelled. 

I'll take what Nieves gives us. The occasional base hit with a strong game behind the plate. If he hits .200,he's still better than Robert Fick,Matt LeCroy or Gary Bennett.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #45: June 06, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »
I'll take what Nieves gives us. The occasional base hit with a strong game behind the plate. If he hits .200,he's still better than Paul Lo Duca.
Fixed :)