Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2012-2014)  (Read 103965 times)

Offline Bloo

Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #325: February 27, 2012, 08:30:27 PM »
Ken Burns actually came to my school last year. He seemed like a pretty humble and down to earth guy.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #326: February 27, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
I think his productions are really good, not sure I would consider them documentaries, more like...productions. His Civil War one and the one on Appalachia were awesome, the WWII one kind of put me to sleep though, and since my dad is a WWII vet, I was interested in seeing it. Just kind of slow moving.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #327: February 29, 2012, 09:10:32 PM »
i tuned in a couple of minutes late last night, what was Tosh wearing and why?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #328: February 29, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »
I've got all 5 episodes of Top Gear series 18 downloaded, watched the first 2 episodes so far.  Decent, but nothing to go on that top shelf of greatest Top Gear episodes ever yet.

I was pleasantly surprised that Matt LeBlanc actually knows his crap about cars and beat Rowan Atkinson's time for fastest lap in the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment.  Will.I.Am was a tool in ep 1.  :lol: at Clarkson calling him "Will Dot I Dot Am Dot"

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #329: February 29, 2012, 11:48:35 PM »
It wasn't the best season for Top Chef, but the ending was pretty good. 

Offline imref

« Reply #330: March 01, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
I've got all 5 episodes of Top Gear series 18 downloaded, watched the first 2 episodes so far.  Decent, but nothing to go on that top shelf of greatest Top Gear episodes ever yet.

I was pleasantly surprised that Matt LeBlanc actually knows his crap about cars and beat Rowan Atkinson's time for fastest lap in the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment.  Will.I.Am was a tool in ep 1.  :lol: at Clarkson calling him "Will Dot I Dot Am Dot"

The China stuff was pretty good though the attack Stig was kind of dumb.  They should have had him come out in a Chairman Mao outfit and just bow to everyone.  Or had him come out with bags of food for delivery.

Did you see the India special from last year?

Offline imref

« Reply #331: March 01, 2012, 10:20:25 AM »
tosh.0 black history month was so wrong on so many levels. 

Offline Nathan

« Reply #332: March 02, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
Top Gear series 16 is now available on netflix streaming, according to /r/TopGear

I don't think I've seen anything from that series yet, :woop:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #333: March 02, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
Top Gear series 16 is now available on netflix streaming, according to /r/TopGear

I don't think I've seen anything from that series yet, :woop:

not their strongest overall, Albania is pretty hilarious though

Offline Nathan

« Reply #334: March 02, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »
I watched ep 5 on series 18 last night, the one with the farewell to Saab.

James:  My first girlfriend had one of these, same brick colored interior and everything [paraphrasing]
Jeremy:  What was her name?
James:  Um...er.. uhhhh  :confused:
Jeremy:  You can remember the interior color but you can't remember her name?
James:  It was Kate.  I think :-[
Jeremy:  You sure it wasn't Derrick?
*cut to different segment*

:lmao: James May could probably get any chick he wanted in the UK.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #335: March 03, 2012, 01:20:13 AM »
OMFG can't catch my breath from laughing :lmao:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #336: March 03, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
Wait for the bently review in albania

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #337: March 03, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
Love love love this show, and can't believe what these guys get away with. Like the converted camper going over the cliff onto the beach... How is it they don't get arrested? Everything is pre-approved?
OMFG can't catch my breath from laughing :lmao:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #338: March 03, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »
Or the triumph rocket or toybota doing a channel crossing or the camper blimp - I'm sure they get permission

Offline imref

« Reply #339: March 03, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
i think the first episode i saw was when the boys had a colander with eggs over their head as they drove over a bumpy road, the point was to test the suspension of their cars.

The winter olympics episode and the space shuttle launch are oldies but goodies as well.  They turned a mini cooper into a rocket-fired ski jumper, and launched a reliant robin
"space shuttle" nearly a half mile into the sky.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #340: March 03, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
TED SWANSON

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #341: March 03, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
Our cable options are pretty crappy up this way. I'm looking at switching to a Verizon/Direct TV bundle. The problem is, unless I get the Ultimate Package, no MASN and even with the Premier Ultimate package or whatever the hell it's called, you only get MASN, not MASN2. Anyone with direct tv have issues getting Nats games?

Offline imref

« Reply #342: March 03, 2012, 11:15:32 PM »
Our cable options are pretty crappy up this way. I'm looking at switching to a Verizon/Direct TV bundle. The problem is, unless I get the Ultimate Package, no MASN and even with the Premier Ultimate package or whatever the hell it's called, you only get MASN, not MASN2. Anyone with direct tv have issues getting Nats games?

i had no issues when i had DirecTV before switching to FiOS, they carried both MASN and MASN2.  The only complaint I had about DirectTV is that when I had it (2.5 years ago) they didn't carry local channels in HD, so I bought a cheap indoor antenna that worked well.  They sent a free converter box that connected to my antenna and allowed me to pick local HD channels via their guide.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #343: March 03, 2012, 11:23:55 PM »
i had no issues when i had DirecTV before switching to FiOS, they carried both MASN and MASN2.  The only complaint I had about DirectTV is that when I had it (2.5 years ago) they didn't carry local channels in HD, so I bought a cheap indoor antenna that worked well.  They sent a free converter box that connected to my antenna and allowed me to pick local HD channels via their guide.

That's good to know. I'm still not sure if it'll save me enough money switching over. I'm paying $155 now for phone, expanded basic cable and 5meg internet.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #344: March 03, 2012, 11:25:20 PM »
That's good to know. I'm still not sure if it'll save me enough money switching over. I'm paying $155 now for phone, expanded basic cable and 5meg internet.

Ridiculous.  The cost of cable is too damn high!

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #345: March 04, 2012, 12:22:39 AM »

I haven't had any issues with DirecTV. I've got MASN and MASN2, plus the local channels are now in HD. They just added another CSN HD channel so that all Caps and Wizards games are broadcast in HD. I'm very satisfied.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #346: March 04, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »
Holy crap, definitely did not expect that ending to tonight's ep of Walking Dead! :shock:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #347: March 04, 2012, 10:03:39 PM »
Holy crap, definitely did not expect that ending to tonight's ep of Walking Dead! :shock:

Not at all. It sure was an ironic turn of events. This second half has been some great TV.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #348: March 04, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
There is nothing cooler than "Hoarders".  Seriously, I could watch that show (manufactured drama and all) for hours on end. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #349: March 04, 2012, 11:19:56 PM »
Don't ask why I was watching in but...

I could only stomach 15 minutes of "GCB." It's Arrested Development meets high school, with none of the greatness of Arrested Development and all the awfulness of high school.