Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 19452 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #375: April 25, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
Ryan Church hit the GW RBI Single.......

in the bottom of the first inning.
I saw that.  freaking typical.  I saw Dukes's botch and just turned off the TV and went to work - that was my cue.

Dukes is a very talented player but he's a freaking bone-headed SOB sometimes, I swear.  Either that or he's arrogant - probably some combination of the two.  The effort is there, but the concentration, humility, and attention to fundamentals are lacking.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #376: April 25, 2009, 09:11:11 PM »
I saw that.  freaking typical.  I saw Dukes's botch and just turned off the TV and went to work - that was my cue.

Dukes is a very talented player but he's a freaking bone-headed SOB sometimes, I swear.  Either that or he's arrogant - probably some combination of the two.  The effort is there, but the concentration, humility, and attention to fundamentals are lacking.
Acta's unwillingness to have the team work on fundamentals and take fielding practice certainly doesn't help matters.

Dibble says that he was out on the field at 9 AM this morning and the Nats never came to take fielding practice. Same yesterday. Him and Knight have been bashing Acta all weekend for not putting this team through some defensive drills, especially playing for the first time in a new park.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #377: April 25, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »
Acta hates Elijah.

Uncharacteristically, Acta declined to say what happened to Dukes on the play. Asked if he lost it in the sun, Acta said: "Go ask him. He's out there. I can answer questions [regarding] me and my team. I'm not going to be answering everybody's questions."

Told that Dukes may not talk to the media, Acta replied, "That's not my problem. I'm answering every question that you asked me."

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #378: April 25, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »
I don't know whether it was a result of an e-mail I sent in to MASN or not, more likely that somebody else noted the Mets scorer is an imbecile, but sometime during the past few hours MLB made the change to the box score that DCFan and I were discussing, and Bergman now only has 2 ER.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #379: April 25, 2009, 09:51:07 PM »
Acta hates Elijah.

His phrasing makes it sound like Dukes is getting demoted. Better not be

MrMadison

« Reply #380: April 25, 2009, 09:52:30 PM »
like I said in an earlier thread...

Manny is going to toss as many people under the bus as he can, and hope that there is no room under said bus for him.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #381: April 25, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »
apparently Dukes cussed out reporters after the game and told them that he did not want to answer any questions.

Q: What happened with Dukes' error? He just lost it in the sun.

Acta: Go ask him. He's out there (in the clubhouse).

(Note: Dukes declined comment, with several bleep-words mixed in.)

When something does go wrong -- on or off the field -- Dukes does not talk to reporters and sometimes blames the media for his problems. Saturday was no different. After talking to a Nationals representative, Dukes did not want to talk after the game.

"This is not the time to come and ask me [something] like that," Dukes said.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #382: April 25, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »
like I said in an earlier thread...

Manny is going to toss as many people under the bus as he can, and hope that there is no room under said bus for him.

It's super douchey. I'm trying to rise above the fray with my  tribute avatar, but it's tough.

MrMadison

« Reply #383: April 25, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
"This is not the time to come and ask me [something] like that," Dukes said.

this sounds to me like shorthand for "I played like crap, and I know it, and I'm in a pissy mood. So leave me alone until I calm down, because I don't want to get suspended for doing something dumb."

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #384: April 25, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »

If anyone deserves a demotion it is Acta. No defensive drills in a new park was the final straw.