Author Topic: Back up plan if Gio is suspended?  (Read 5087 times)

Online HalfSmokes

Re: Back up plan if Gio is suspended?
« Reply #50: February 04, 2013, 01:16:48 PM »
If I'm lerner why do I want this kind of player on my team. He's ruining the chancing of them winning a title imo. Gio is more than a dim wit. If he's guilty, I hope he blows his arm out or get's trade after this year for three prospects or whatever. Just get him out of dc. No distractions right now for this clown.

because without that kind of player this team likely doesn't win the NL East last year and probably isn't favored this year

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #51: February 04, 2013, 01:19:50 PM »
because without that kind of player this team likely doesn't win the NL East last year and probably isn't favored this year

And because just maybe he didn't do anything wrong? You act as though we're talking about Albert "Joey" Belle or something. Did you have an issue with Michael Morse playing here?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #52: February 04, 2013, 01:31:26 PM »
LO - when you drop the 5th picture from the avi?
What do you mean? I have not changed my avi since they day that Haren's contract was announced.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #53: February 04, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »
And because just maybe he didn't do anything wrong? You act as though we're talking about Albert "Joey" Belle or something. Did you have an issue with Michael Morse playing here?

I was just responding the the jackass wanting to trade him. I personally think he's guilty, but I also don't care at all

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #54: February 04, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »
I was just responding the the jackass wanting to trade him. I personally think he's guilty, but I also don't care at all

That's who I was responding to also, I was essentially supporting your argument.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #55: February 04, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »
Surprised at the number of people who think because Gio is a good guy in public it means he, or any other player is clean. Morse was a nice guy and he cheated. It happens and will continue to happen.

Equally surprised by the number that feel so betrayed by him that they wish he does bad/gets injured/gets traded.

Honestly, whatever it takes to bring home the W is all we as fans should really care about.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #56: February 04, 2013, 02:18:33 PM »
Did you have an issue with Michael Morse playing here?
Morse and Gio are not comparable issues.  If  Gio was using a banned substance I definitely have an issue.  It isn't a moral issue, it's the fact that his action hurts the team. What Morse did was before he was a Nat and as far as we know he never did anything to put the Nats in jeopardy.

And I don't think Gio is guilty, not of anything other than stupidity.  I think he was using legitimate substances that he could have gone through proper channels to obtain but instead dealt with dirty characters, raising suspicion. But unless they find evidence that he used a banned substance, he won't be suspended, in which case I don't have an issue. 

If he is suspended, it means that he was taking a banned substance, and doing so will have caused the team harm, in which case, I do take issue with his behavior.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #57: February 04, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
What do you mean? I have not changed my avi since they day that Haren's contract was announced.

Where is Strasburg?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #58: February 04, 2013, 02:54:19 PM »
Surprised at the number of people who think because Gio is a good guy in public it means he, or any other player is clean. Morse was a nice guy and he cheated. It happens and will continue to happen.

Equally surprised by the number that feel so betrayed by him that they wish he does bad/gets injured/gets traded.

:clap:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #59: February 04, 2013, 02:56:41 PM »
Where is Strasburg?
He was shutdown before the playoffs, this was a play on my older avatar that just had the starting pitchers for the playoffs. I should really update this apparently.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #60: February 04, 2013, 02:58:02 PM »
Definitely try to find a pic of Haren wearing a curly w hat or photoshop it.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #61: February 04, 2013, 04:13:10 PM »
I thought 2d from left was Haren so I thought it was up to date. I did not notice Gio. 

Wait, 2d from left is Haren, not Jackson, so someone must have done a funny on you.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #62: February 04, 2013, 04:29:21 PM »
I think it's Jackson's neck and Haren's head.  :lol:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #63: February 04, 2013, 04:32:35 PM »
I think it's Jackson's neck and Haren's head.  :lol:
You got it.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #65: February 04, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »
^ :lmao:  He must've ran out before getting to his face.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #66: February 04, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »
Is there really a question if Gio will get suspended or not? Doesn't seem to be enough evidence to suspend any players 'named' in a journal

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #67: February 04, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »
I think it depends on what's brought up in the interviews and if any other documents come to the surface. But, from what I've repeatedly read, it doesn't seem like he could get suspended based on the current evidence avalible

Offline mitlen

« Reply #68: February 04, 2013, 06:26:14 PM »
I think it depends on what's brought up in the interviews and if any other documents come to the surface. But, from what I've repeatedly read, it doesn't seem like he could get suspended based on the current evidence avalible

Caution:   Bud Selig

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #69: February 04, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
How often have non-analytical positives been a reason for a suspension over the past 5 years or so? I'm trying to find data.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #70: February 04, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »

MLBPA- Selig can do what he wants, that doesn't mean it'll stand

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #71: February 04, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »
How often have non-analytical positives been a reason for a suspension over the past 5 years or so? I'm trying to find data.

Grimsley is the closest,  but the evidence against him was much stronger (including a confession)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #72: February 04, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »

MLBPA- Selig can do what he wants, that doesn't mean it'll stand

Doesn't mean Gio will play.   I don't wanna over analyze it but it could get curious.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #73: February 04, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
What doe non-analytical positives" mean anyway. I tried to look it up but the best I can find is:
"Terminology sometimes used to describe an anti-doping rule violation other than the presence of a prohibited substance or its metabolites or markers in an athlete’s bodily specimen"

By that definition he would have to have violated some rule.   What rule would that be?

Offline blue911

« Reply #74: February 04, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »
I've heard that MLB tried to get the DEA involved and so far nothing doing.Since how the drugs were used isn't against federal law, it would be hard for the feds to step in. States are responsible for accrediting doctors so even Dr. Quack isn't enough in and of itself. At this point I have a difficult time believing that the notes and spreadsheets would be allowed in a court case.