Author Topic: The Post Season Goes through DC  (Read 639 times)

Offline Knight

The Post Season Goes through DC
« Topic Start: October 03, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »
Isn't that something.   As the radio guys said, the World Series goes through Washington, D.C.  How many of you honestly thought the Nationals would have the best record in baseball in 2012.  Or better yet, when did you first believe that was possible?

Offline RL04

Re: The Post Season Goes through DC
« Reply #1: October 03, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
Never.

I thought a fight for the WC was possible.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #2: October 03, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

ditto.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: October 03, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
freak! This pretty much means that the Nats will play the mid afternoon since there may be west coast games being played that same day.  :bang:  That means I'll be watching the Nats game in the parking lot at Fed Ex field. And it also means I'm going to be bombed by then.   :glug: :glug:

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #4: October 03, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
I first thought it was possible about mid-may after realizing that it wasn't a mistake to put Harper in sooooooooooooo soon.

All the pulling Strasburg out made me think that WC scenario more and more. It wasn't till we clinched the playoff birth, that seemed real early, that I realized that Winning the Division was going to happen before the final game of the season. I admit I was worried that we might slip some and have to face Atlanta or St. Louis in the WC instead of the NLDS.

Three more steps to go:
1) Win NLDS
2) Win NLCS
3) Win THE WS DANCE

I'm sweating bullets for each and everyone of these steps.

The biggest thing that will make any of this possible is the Nats are the only team that I have heard about this year who have constantly said that since Spring Training they are a "family" and are a good team. I haven't heard any of the other teams even mention they think they can go the distance or that they feel like a fully cohesive unit.

Offline loshjott

« Reply #5: October 03, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
freak! This pretty much means that the Nats will play the mid afternoon since there may be west coast games being played that same day.  :bang:  That means I'll be watching the Nats game in the parking lot at Fed Ex field. And it also means I'm going to be bombed by then.   :glug: :glug:

I'll be at a wedding.

But I will be in Section 105 a week from today or tonight - whatever the time!!

Offline KingHarper

« Reply #6: October 03, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
same here spider, im at the falcons game on sunday. first time in my life I can actually say I'd rather be at a baseball game than a football one

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #7: October 03, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
same here spider, im at the falcons game on sunday. first time in my life I can actually say I'd rather be at a baseball game than a football one

Not me. There will be ways for you to catch both games. The only thing to be determined is the start time. We usually tailgate after the games for a couple of hours so I'll either watch the Nats game in the parking lot or we'll tailgate and make it home in time for the Nats game if they schedule it for 8 pm.

Offline monkeyhit

« Reply #8: October 03, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
I'll admit after seeing these buckos do nothing offensively in spring training that I figured they were destined to a lot of 1-0 losses. I was really wrong.  I also thought Desmond was a headcase who couldn't hit or field.  I also thought Espinosa would be a great hitter. All wrong and badly so.

Offline skills

« Reply #9: October 03, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
Jimmy Rollins says that if the Phillies were healthy all season, the Nats would have finished in 2nd place.

I wonder if in this alternate universe, the Nationals would have been healthy all year, too?

Offline KingHarper

« Reply #10: October 03, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Not me. There will be ways for you to catch both games. The only thing to be determined is the start time. We usually tailgate after the games for a couple of hours so I'll either watch the Nats game in the parking lot or we'll tailgate and make it home in time for the Nats game if they schedule it for 8 pm.

True, I'll try catching it my phone but my connection sucks and I wanna see RG3 lol

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #11: October 03, 2012, 06:01:29 PM »
So is this the schedule then...we just don't know the times, right? And games 3-5 are at home.

NLDS Game One, Sunday, October 7
NLDS Game Two, Monday, October 8
NLDS Game Three, Wednesday, October 10
NLDS Game Four*, Thursday, October 11
NLDS Game Five*, Friday, October 12

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #12: October 03, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »
NLDS Game Three, Wednesday, October 10
OH THANK GOODNESS, I was seriously considering skipping an exam if we played on Tuesday. I work hard to get my hands on my game 1 NLDS tickets.

:phew:

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #13: October 03, 2012, 06:19:39 PM »
If Morse's hot streak carries over into the post season (:pray:) and everyone else plays more or less like their season averages, then we will be very tough to beat.