Author Topic: Ryan Braun is a Juicer?  (Read 18601 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Ryan Braun is a Juicer?
« Reply #125: December 12, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »
Right, I thought, at first, that the second test was a rerun of the confirmatory testing using the remaining sample.  That not being the case, enjoy your suspension Hebrew Hammer.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #126: December 12, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
Right, I thought, at first, that the second test was a rerun of the confirmatory testing using the remaining sample.  That not being the case, enjoy your suspension Hebrew Hammer.

Is he guilty?  Mindfactedly yes.

But of course, I welcome the process by which his lawyers make up flimsy assed excuses and try their best to find flaws in the chain of custody or the equipment calibration or whatever, because it is exactly those challenges that create the incentive to keep the testing process secure, controlled and reliable.  Everyone benefits by that pushback.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #127: December 12, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
Is he guilty?  Mindfactedly yes.

But of course, I welcome the process by which his lawyers make up flimsy assed excuses and try their best to find flaws in the chain of custody or the equipment calibration or whatever, because it is exactly those challenges that create the incentive to keep the testing process secure, controlled and reliable.  Everyone benefits by that pushback.

If the report about his level being twice the highest ever tested, I have huge doubts.about the accuracy of the test

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #128: December 13, 2011, 07:27:10 AM »
If the report about his level being twice the highest ever tested, I have huge doubts.about the accuracy of the test

Or, he'd just happened to dose up that morning before being surprised by the test.    :shrug:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #129: December 13, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
Ha. Wouldn't that be a nag. Dosing up the day of the test.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #130: December 13, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »
Ha. Wouldn't that be a nag. Dosing up the day of the test.

Back in '04 before the test results were public I bet that happened all the time - thus negating the theory.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #131: December 13, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
By the way, anyone else [annoyed] that this stuff became public while still being investigated.  If it is before the suspension is announced, both sides should be gagged.  The reports about synthetic testosterone being made public and the testing level stink. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #132: December 13, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »
I think I asked you about that this weekend, didn't I?  Is he suspended or not?  If the answer is no this whole situation is a trainwreck.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #133: December 13, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »
He won't be suspended till his hearing is heard in January. Then its a 45 day wait for the arbiter to decide the outcome.

So a suspension won't come down till March.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #134: December 14, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
He won't be suspended till his hearing is heard in January. Then its a 45 day wait for the arbiter to decide the outcome.

So a suspension won't come down till March.

So, he'll either be suspended to start the season - or exonerated.

Offline epic_phalanx

« Reply #135: December 19, 2011, 11:13:53 PM »
This story just gets more interesting. Herpes?!

One site, TerezOwens.com, claim they talked to a Brewers official:
I have more inside information on the Ryan Braun ‘herpes rumor’ situation. I heard this yesterday from two guys who both work for the Brewers. According to them, “Braun will be let off because he tested positive for Herpes and the medication given to him by his doctor (legal to fight this) is what caused the spike. Braun and his lawyers plan to go after whoever leaked the story because of HIPAA laws. That is why Braun has not made a statement and that is also why in Mark’s statement he referenced it being a “personal issue.” 

http://www.throughthefencebaseball.com/ryan-braun-rumors-are-swirling-failed-test-could-be-linked-to-std-herpes/15191/

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #136: December 19, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
wtf

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #137: December 19, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
Glad Braun apparently isn't a juicer then.

Offline PC

« Reply #138: December 19, 2011, 11:22:10 PM »
Now I DEMAND to know about Ryan Braun's sex life!  Someone subpoena his cellphone!

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #139: December 19, 2011, 11:34:45 PM »
Massive lulzyness.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #140: December 19, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
This story just gets more interesting. Herpes?!

http://www.throughthefencebaseball.com/ryan-braun-rumors-are-swirling-failed-test-could-be-linked-to-std-herpes/15191/

If that's true someone is in for a legal beatdown.

Here's a 1952 article from pubmed, the only reliable source I could find

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1822376/?page=1

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #141: December 20, 2011, 12:35:03 AM »
Glad Braun apparently isn't a juicer then.

I bet he'd gladly trade problems :lol:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #142: December 20, 2011, 06:24:55 AM »
Wow, Braun is going to sue the pants off someone.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #143: December 20, 2011, 06:58:27 AM »
Wow, Braun is going to sue the pants off someone.

No he's not.  It's entirely possible someone (with insider info, but not his medical records) put two and two together based on the test results (and without ever looking at his medical records) and found another possibility for the test results.  It's also possible this is all a malicious rumour with no basis in reality started for reasons unknown (though "Th3 lu111z" looks like a good reason). 

Everyone put away your CSI kits and Ihavealawyer.com coupons and chill. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #144: December 20, 2011, 07:51:01 AM »

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #145: December 20, 2011, 08:04:02 AM »
No he's not.  It's entirely possible someone (with insider info, but not his medical records) put two and two together based on the test results (and without ever looking at his medical records) and found another possibility for the test results.  It's also possible this is all a malicious rumour with no basis in reality started for reasons unknown (though "Th3 lu111z" looks like a good reason). 

Everyone put away your CSI kits and Ihavealawyer.com coupons and chill. 

idk, I think Braun will really have an itch to burn someone for this.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #146: December 20, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »

:crackup:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #147: December 20, 2011, 08:43:43 AM »

He's got the right to be sore about it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #148: December 20, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
He's got the right to be sore about it.

Wouldn't you breakout if you were he?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #149: December 20, 2011, 08:50:31 AM »
MDS - maybe i'm missing something, but the one who leaked the positive test result is the one who Braun will destroy legally, not whoever is talking about herpes.  If it truly is due to the supposed herpes treatment, then this blows away any previously known crack in the security of the testing regime nationally and internationally. 

The Landis case had the problem that he cheated, so no one had much sympathy for the horrendous mishandling of tests and the leaks to the press.   The Clenbuterol farce looked isolated to the drug (half of one of mexico's national soccer teams was incorrectly disqualified from a tournament due to tainted meat and not doping, much like Contador) This may even kill the Armstrong case, which had the same prosecutor as the BALCO investigation and had the same leaks of grand jury testimony (surprise :roll: ) . 

The investigating authorities are in cahoots with a press that is only too eager to publish leaked results in total disregard for the consequences of a false accusation.   there is no regard for the legality of the information that has been obtained.  the handling by the prosecutors of the illegally seized 2003 test results in baseball is a disgrace to the bar and the Department of Justice (not only was grand jury info leaked, but the evidence in question never should have been in the hands of the government to begin with).  Fortunately, HIPAA has teeth.  I'm looking forward to seeing some well paid sharks in pinstripe suits ripping up some of the leakers.