Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105111 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
People who buy entry-level luxury cars as Christmas presents need the Junk Punching of the Gods

:lol:

A few years I got the hots for a new VW CC, and watched my buying service pricing like a hawk for weeks through December and into January.  A week or two into January the prices plunged.  I'm thinking that if you want a new car, now is not the time to buy.  Wait till the holiday season is just past and jump on it.

Online HalfSmokes

you can also wait until after the new model is announced and dealers are desperate to get rid of the old ones on the lot- if it's a big redesign, you can get a really good deal

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
What if I get $500 below invoice guaranteed?  Cheaper than that even?

Online HalfSmokes

I got my Subaru for less than that, if they need to move inventory they'll take a 'loss' (even below invoice ,there are still manufacturer incentives to dealers and financing for them to make money on)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
What if I get $500 below invoice guaranteed?  Cheaper than that even?

Depends.  PM me if you want me to look a price up for you.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
It's still a little ways off for me I'm kind of in the early "looking" stage, I just know we have a partnership at work so I can get some deals through that.  The VW/Audi one is any vehicle $500 below invoice plus there are some financing deals in there too.

I really dig the new Golfs having a base 1.8 liter turbo engine now, but I'm still thinking of maybe trying to swing the GTI.

Offline Natsinpwc

Any commercial with redskns announcer Larry Michaels in it.

Online 1995hoo

Watching the Caps games has convinced me I will never buy an album by Imagine Dragons (the band who recorded the "chant-rock" song "I Bet My Life" that's in a Jeep commercial right now that airs during seemingly every commercial break).

Offline Natsinpwc

Watching the Caps games has convinced me I will never buy an album by Imagine Dragons (the band who recorded the "chant-rock" song "I Bet My Life" that's in a Jeep commercial right now that airs during seemingly every commercial break).
I don't know who they are bit will definitely add to my never buy list also.

Online 1995hoo

I don't know who they are bit will definitely add to my never buy list also.

They played the halftime show at the Grey Cup. That's the only time I've heard any of their music aside from that Jeep ad.

Offline dracnal

Most of you have heard Radioactive and not realized it was by Imagine Dragons.  I know I've heard it in various commercials as well as walk up music for batters.  Whether you like Radioactive or not, it's got arguably the best official music video for a song in a very, very long time.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Most of you have heard Radioactive and not realized it was by Imagine Dragons.  I know I've heard it in various commercials as well as walk up music for batters.  Whether you like Radioactive or not, it's got arguably the best official music video for a song in a very, very long time.

This is the only "Radioactive" I ever heard:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
#1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv:

Anything that uses the word "Kardashian."

Offline mitlen

#1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv:

Anything that uses the word "Kardashian."

Turn down the sound and observe.

Online HalfSmokes

Turn down the sound and observe.

Rubenesque is supposed to make fat chicks feel good, not be an ideal

Offline Natsinpwc

This is the only "Radioactive" I ever heard:

Awesome.  Have not heard that in a while.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Awesome.  Have not heard that in a while.

Paul Rodgers can do no wrong IMHO.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Surface tablet vs Apple.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It's still a little ways off for me I'm kind of in the early "looking" stage, I just know we have a partnership at work so I can get some deals through that.  The VW/Audi one is any vehicle $500 below invoice plus there are some financing deals in there too.

I really dig the new Golfs having a base 1.8 liter turbo engine now, but I'm still thinking of maybe trying to swing the GTI.

I'm seeing that a 2-door GTI with MSRP of $25,215 is available for $23,064 through my buying service, in my geographic area.  Your area should be a bit cheaper.

Offline mitlen

Rob Lowe

Online HalfSmokes

the ads claiming regulating ISPs is a tax - some pollster/lobbyist is really going to earn their paycheck if they can make it stick though

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
the ads claiming regulating ISPs is a tax - some pollster/lobbyist is really going to earn their paycheck if they can make it stick though

....and how that is somehow related to falling gas prices ...
Can't wait for REAL political Ads to start up again!!!!

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Rob Lowe
You're just now getting sick of those? I wanted to go find Lowe and DirecTV's top marketing exec and strangle them both to death by the end of the first game of the 2014 MLB Playoffs.

Offline Natsinpwc

There must be at least 10-12 more alternative Rob Lowes to bring out.  :couch:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
"Where's your wife, Todd?" "I've got the meat sweats!"

This does not make me want to smash my TV. I'm putting it here because it's our only commercial thread.