Author Topic: Magic Number: Angelos can suck it and like it  (Read 27778 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

No it should be 6.

Its any combination of Braves Losses and Nats Wins.  Braves lost last night so it went to 7.  Today's Nats win makes it 6.  Braves loss would have made it 5!

ESPN still showing it as 5 :?  Those geniuses are also showing that the while the Nats and Reds have a 100% chance of making the postseason, the Giants only have a 99.9% chance.  Guess there's still a slight chance they don't make it :shrug:

Offline Clever

But they've clinched...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
ESPN still showing it as 5 :?  Those geniuses are also showing that the while the Nats and Reds have a 100% chance of making the postseason, the Giants only have a 99.9% chance.  Guess there's still a slight chance they don't make it :shrug:

But they've clinched...

drug tests.

Offline Hogie

The 2 seed is best case scenario. There is absolutely no way this team beats the Braves, even if Medlen is available for only one game.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

The 2 seed is best case scenario. There is absolutely no way this team beats the Braves, even if Medlen is available for only one game.

I think the Braves will lose the WC game.

Offline ZIM4MVP

I think the Braves will lose the WC game.

Will be tough for anyone to beat Medlen

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
This losing bunch of losers isn't guaranteed anything. I've seen t-ball teams put forth more effort and have more success.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Nats are cleary the worst team in baseball.

Offline Clever

Clearly the Nats don't care about winning anymore.  :roll:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
If the baseball gods are fair and just, then somehow the Nats will clinch the division in Philly.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
If the baseball gods are fair and just, then somehow the Nats will clinch the division in Philly.

:pray: :thumbs:

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude

Yes :stir:

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Unfortunately it's extremely unlikely.

I can dream.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Unfortunately it's extremely unlikely.

Anything is possible!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Five by five: Five games ahead of the Braves and a five-game magic number. This is a hopeful sign. You gotta have heart!!!

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Five by five: Five games ahead of the Braves and a five-game magic number. This is a hopeful sign. You gotta have heart!!!

Man I wanna see this play sometime...

Online aspenbubba

For that to happen we would have to sweep and Atlanta lose 2.

Offline DPMOmaha

For that to happen we would have to sweep and Atlanta lose 2.

Or win two and the Braves get swept.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

So my work is sending me to Anaheim right smack dab in the middle of the playoffs and I'm going crazy looking at my travel schedule and comparing to the MLB playoff schedule :panic:  I can either go out Monday the 15th (conference starts on Tuesday) or go out Sunday and do some pretty cool-looking pre-conference activities on Monday.  If we make it to the LCS and have home-field advantage, Sunday and Monday would be the first two home games.   If Sunday is a 1:00 game, I could fly out afterwards, but it's frustrating not only knowing what time the games will be, but if they will even be played at all.  Of course, if we do make it, we might be playing against the Reds who might have home-field advantage.  So many possibilities...

I won't even mention my other road trip with a friend that I committed to with a friend a long ways back that starts on October 24 (Game 1 of the WS).  Next year, I am blocking my calendar for the entire month of October :) 

Offline welch

Man I wanna see this play sometime...

I rented the movie from Netflix. Great features: they used Roy Sievers as the hitting double for Tab Hunter. The great Sievers trotting around the bases after a home run. Shots of old Griffith Stadium...the crowd, the big wall in right. Gwen Verdon singing and dancing "Whatever Lola Wants". Verdon and her husband, Bob Fosse, dancing at a Joe Hardy festival that looks a lot like the old Knothole Gangs. The owner of the Senators seems modeled on Clark Griffith.

Great movie.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
I rented the movie from Netflix. Great features: they used Roy Sievers as the hitting double for Tab Hunter. The great Sievers trotting around the bases after a home run. Shots of old Griffith Stadium...the crowd, the big wall in right. Gwen Verdon singing and dancing "Whatever Lola Wants". Verdon and her husband, Bob Fosse, dancing at a Joe Hardy festival that looks a lot like the old Knothole Gangs. The owner of the Senators seems modeled on Clark Griffith.

Great movie.

I don't have a Netflix DVD collection but it seems that the University library carries the movie in their circulating collection. I'll be watching it this weekend!

Offline welch

I don't have a Netflix DVD collection but it seems that the University library carries the movie in their circulating collection. I'll be watching it this weekend!

I won't spoil the ending and tell you who wins the pennant...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
With a sweep and a couple Braves losses we can clinch the division and eliminate Philly on Thursday.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Giants lost, but the magic number for home field in round one stays the same because we need to win the division.