Author Topic: Let's Go Bucs!!  (Read 921 times)

Keebs72

Let's Go Bucs!!
« Topic Start: September 19, 2005, 09:25:08 AM »
The Nats are all but out of it, but I'm still holding on to the glimmer hope that remains.

Houston is playing the Pirates (Bucs) this evening, and this could be the difference between the Nats falling to 5 games back in the wild-card race if Houston wins, or gaining a little ground to being 4 games back if the Pirates can pull an upset victory.

The odds are stacked against the Pirates, with Clemens on the mound for the 'Stros against a no-name (Snell?) starting for the Pirates.

Let Go Bucs!  Let's Go Bucs!

Nationalzfanatic88

Re: Let's Go Bucs!!
« Reply #1: September 19, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »
Quote from: "Keebs72"
The Nats are all but out of it, but I'm still holding on to the glimmer hope that remains.

Houston is playing the Pirates (Bucs) this evening, and this could be the difference between the Nats falling to 5 games back in the wild-card race if Houston wins, or gaining a little ground to being 4 games back if the Pirates can pull an upset victory.

The odds are stacked against the Pirates, with Clemens on the mound for the 'Stros against a no-name (Snell?) starting for the Pirates.

Let Go Bucs!  Let's Go Bucs!

Let me break down the Astros remaining schedule for you:

4 against the Bucs
3 against the Cubs
2 against St.Louis
and 4 against the Cubs

They're definitely winning it

Keebs72

Let's Go Bucs!!
« Reply #2: September 19, 2005, 09:55:17 PM »
Way to go, Bucs!  The Pirates beat Houston 7-0 on Monday night, and the Nats gained a half a game on the wild-card lead without even playing.

Now we've got to take care of buisness on our end and beat-up on the Giants this week.

Go Nats!!

Offline Dave B

Let's Go Bucs!!
« Reply #3: September 20, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
door is opened ever so slightly.  the pirates won the last series in HOU and I think the cubs also won the last series in HOU

Izarkrane

Let's Go Bucs!!
« Reply #4: September 20, 2005, 10:09:29 AM »
their win against the astros may not be a fluke. Look at how they did against the reds in the previous series.