Author Topic: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1  (Read 15315 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Nationals vs Giants, Game 1
« Topic Start: July 09, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »

Game Time: 7:05 (EDT)
Venue: Nationals Park
TV: MASN HD
Radio: WFED 1500, SBN 730

(45-40)

Matt Cain

6-7, 2.98

CF Andres Torres, CF
2B Jonathan Sanchez, 2B
RF Aubrey Huff, RF
LF Pat Burrell, LF
C Buster Posey, C
3B Pablo Sandoval, 3B
1B Travis Ishikawa, 1B
SS Edgar Renteria, SS
P Matt Cain, SP

(38-48)  

Stephen Strasburg

2-2, 2.45

Nyjer Morgan CF
Roger Bernadina RF
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Adam Dunn 1B
Cristian Guzman SS
Willie Harris LF
Adam Kennedy 2B
Wil Nieves C
Stephen Strasburg P

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals vs. Giants, Game 1
« Reply #1: July 09, 2010, 09:21:01 AM »
This will be my last one  before I skip town for a couple of weeks.  I'll be back at the trading deadline.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2: July 09, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
This will be my last one  before I skip town for a couple of weeks.  I'll be back at the trading deadline.

FYI, 2 people are ignoring DPMOmaha, one of the nicest and most polite posters on the board. People are :crazy:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #3: July 09, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Have a good trip overseas :clap:

Is it for work or pleasure?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #4: July 09, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
Have a good trip overseas :clap:

Is it for work or pleasure?
thanks.  It's for partly pleasure, but it's predominantly a service trip. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: July 09, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »
FYI, 2 people are ignoring DPMOmaha, one of the nicest and most polite posters on the board. People are :crazy:
Chief reset that server again?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #6: July 09, 2010, 09:46:23 AM »
Chief reset that server again?

Huh?

Looking at the two names, one of them HAS to be accidental.

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1
« Reply #7: July 09, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
Huh?

Looking at the two names, one of them HAS to be accidental.
I thought you said in the past that sometimes whenever there's a board reset/update sometimes some crazy things like that happen...

I'm not too concerned about it though.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #8: July 09, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »
thanks.  It's for partly pleasure, but it's predominantly a service trip. 

Multi-task (LOL).    Be safe.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #9: July 09, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »
I'm looking forward to this game.

Hopefully it turns out to be a solid matchup.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #10: July 09, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »

nice job, early start!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #11: July 09, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »

I used to have 3 people ignoring me. Now it's only 2. I guess hammonds missed me.  :lmao:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #12: July 09, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »
I have one.

Don't have a clue as to who it is... even the people that hate me still respond to my post... so its not them.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #13: July 09, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
For those going tonight (or to the other fixtures in this Giants series) - the weekend's Metro track work (http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4556):

Track delays this weekend to allow for upgrades to improve efficiency, performance

This weekend (July 9-11) Metro will make upgrades to its track, platforms and bridges on the Blue, Orange and Red lines to improve reliability and service. As a result of this crucial work aimed at keeping the railroad in a state of good repair, riders can expect delays of up to 40 minutes.

Blue and Orange Line Track Maintenance

Metrorail customers traveling between the Court House and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations on the Orange Line, and between the Arlington Cemetery and Foggy Bottom Metrorail stations on the Blue Line should add at least 40 minutes to their travel time because Metro will replace a rail switch at the Rosslyn Metrorail station. A switch is an intersection in the track, where trains can “switch” from one track to another, depending on their destination and route. Trains will share track between these locations the entire weekend from 10 p.m., on Friday, July 9, to closing (midnight) on Sunday, July 11.

Red Line Platform Rehabilitation

Metrorail customers traveling between the Shady Grove and Twinbrook Metrorail stations should add at least 30 minutes to their travel time because Metro will make repairs to the deteriorated platform at the Rockville Metrorail station to return it to a state of good repair. Trains will share one track between these locations the entire weekend from 10 p.m., Friday, July 9 to closing, (midnight) on Sunday, July 11.

Red Line Bridge Maintenance

Metrorail customers traveling between the New York Ave-Florida Ave-Gallaudet U and Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood Metrorail stations should add at least 20 minutes to their travel time because Metro will conduct maintenance on a portion of elevated tracks that cross a bridge outside the Rhode Island Ave-Brentwood Metrorail station. The work is necessary to maintain reliable service through that area of the track. Trains will share one track between these locations the entire weekend from 10 p.m. Friday, July 9, to closing (midnight) on Sunday, July 11.

On Saturday, July 10, and Sunday, July 11, all Red Line trains will depart approximately every 15 minutes from the Shady Grove and Glenmont Metrorail stations.

For people traveling between the Grosvenor-Strathmore and New York Ave-Florida Ave-Gallaudet U Metrorail stations, trains will operate approximately every 8 to 9 minutes.

[bolding and colour in original]

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #14: July 09, 2010, 11:20:22 AM »
All the talk of ignoring posters made me check mine. I accidentally had houston-nat on there!  :shock:  :-[ Sorry, houston!

Back on topic...go :w:! Should be a good pitching match-up.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #15: July 09, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »
All the talk of ignoring posters made me check mine. I accidentally had houston-nat on there!  :shock:  :-[ Sorry, houston!

Back on topic...go :w:! Should be a good pitching match-up.

Haha, I was just about to say that have somebody ignoring me and don't know why! :D No worries dude, hope I haven't posted anything good that you missed.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #16: July 09, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »
All the talk of ignoring posters made me check mine. I accidentally had houston-nat on there!  :shock:  :-[ Sorry, houston![...]

Just checked mine too - I'm on one list but have no one on mine (and no reason to).

ALSO - Quick early read on the weather: we could be in for a roughish go of it the first two nights of the series - Yahoo! Weather currently calling for 50% chance of rain tonight, 60% tomorrow afternoon. High/low of 92/78 tonight, 81/72 Saturday, 92/74 Sunday - an improvement on earlier in the week anyway (even I, dedicated matchgoer though I am, skipped the Tuesday and Wednesday Padres visits).

Offline blue911

« Reply #17: July 09, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
Haha, I was just about to say that have somebody ignoring me and don't know why! :D No worries dude, hope I haven't posted anything good that you missed.

I thought you were going to England to study how OC misspent his youth. :glug:

Offline bklynnats

« Reply #18: July 09, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »

:rofl: I'd see another poster quote you in some of the threads, but I was confused because your stuff wasn't showing up for me. Mystery solved!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #19: July 09, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
:rofl: I'd see another poster quote you in some of the threads, but I was confused because your stuff wasn't showing up for me. Mystery solved!

That seems to be happening a lot.  Maybe I should go back to the old version of the ignore mod that replaces the post with a canned "you're ignoring this poster" message.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #20: July 09, 2010, 12:04:21 PM »
I never liked that... because then you knew they were posting... the new one is out of sight, out of mind.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #21: July 09, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »

It's not to bad getting to the WNFF from overseas, save yourself a bit of bandwidth by turning off signatures and avatars

Be safe, have a great time.
Go Nats!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #22: July 09, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
After being at the game on the 4th and yesterday, I'm leaving DC Sunday so this will be my last game possibly for several years. :(

After Craig Stammen pretty much crap on my sandwich and Luis Atilano pissed in my Cheerios, I just want to see one competitive game. A win would be awesome.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #23: July 09, 2010, 12:27:52 PM »

I've ignored a few people on accident before. It happens. Especially when you want to click page [2] (or whatever page) at the bottom and you accidentally hit ignore on the last poster without knowing.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #24: July 09, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
After being at the game on the 4th and yesterday, I'm leaving DC Sunday so this will be my last game possibly for several years. :(

After Craig Stammen pretty much crap on my sandwich and Luis Atilano pissed in my Cheerios, I just want to see one competitive game. A win would be awesome.

I hope you enjoy it.

I've been to six games, and the only game we've won is Strasburg's first start.