Author Topic: Good local matchup in college hoops tonight  (Read 1101 times)

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
Good local matchup in college hoops tonight
« Topic Start: January 29, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »
VCU at George Mason, ESPN2, 7 p.m.

Go Rams!!!!!  :pray:

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Good local matchup in college hoops tonight
« Reply #1: January 29, 2008, 02:09:57 PM »
I'll be there.  Let's go Patriots!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #2: January 29, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
You know that would be fun!  I'll have to see if Dan wants to take Andrew on over there.  It's only 10 min. from us (at the most).  Go GMU!!!

Offline 2IPAs

« Reply #3: January 29, 2008, 03:50:23 PM »
You know that would be fun!  I'll have to see if Dan wants to take Andrew on over there.  It's only 10 min. from us (at the most).  Go GMU!!!
I'd like to be, but it's a horrendous drive from my neck of the woods. Thank heaven for ESPN.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #4: January 29, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
And tomorrow night Virginia at Maryland. My first Maryland game in 20 years... I'll be taking my 17 year old daughter, who wasn't born the last time I went.

I'm so psyched.

Not much chance of them winning, though.  :(

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: January 29, 2008, 05:32:22 PM »
And tomorrow night Virginia at Maryland. My first Maryland game in 20 years... I'll be taking my 17 year old daughter, who wasn't born the last time I went.

I'm so psyched.

UVA is horrible this year.  Maryland definitely has a chance. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #6: January 29, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »
GMU WINS IT!!! GREAT GAME!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #8: January 29, 2008, 11:48:16 PM »
though g-mason won, i think vcu will end up winning the caa and make some if not more noise in the tourney than they did last yr.

eric maynor is the real deal. i remember that game winning dagger he hit vs duke last year, that was a thing of beauty. i picked vcu to beat duke on my bracket too which made it even sweeter.

right there in my home city of buffalo! unfortunately i wasn't in attendance for that amazing game, i was only there for the afternoon games.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #9: January 30, 2008, 01:16:32 AM »
everybody picked VCU to picked Duke and most ppl didnt even know who VCU was, but DUke jsut played so bad last season....

I think like 65% of tha nation pick Duke to lose, including me. LOL @ McRoberts being tha only young guy on tha blazers not gettin any playing time

Offline 2IPAs

« Reply #10: January 30, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »
Congrats to GMU on a well played game. From my living room, Mason Nation seemed really LOUD--those fans were fired up!

VCU MUST play better when the teams meet again in the CAA championship (which seems inevitable at this point). Since only one CAA team gets to go to the dance, it's going to be a battle.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #11: January 30, 2008, 08:20:01 AM »

I'm so psyched.

Huh?  Terps have definitely perked up since those dismal games against Ohio and American.  UVa's front line is soft, I'm looking for Boom-Boom and James Gist to have their way inside, though Virginia's Singletary can be a beast.

I'm going to the game too - being entertained by our accounting firm, including pre-game warmups at Mulligan's Bar and Grill, in the golf course clubhouse on campus.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #12: January 30, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
I guess the Cavs aren't what I thought they were, so that's a good thing from my point of view. I'd like the game to make a good impression on my daughter: UMCP is my alma mater and I think she'd like it there, although it's been such a long time that who really knows. Of course, she's too small to play volleyball there, so if she wants to keep playing she'll probably have to pick a Div III school.

I'm psyched.

Huh?  Terps have definitely perked up since those dismal games against Ohio and American.  UVa's front line is soft, I'm looking for Boom-Boom and James Gist to have their way inside, though Virginia's Singletary can be a beast.

I'm going to the game too - being entertained by our accounting firm, including pre-game warmups at Mulligan's Bar and Grill, in the golf course clubhouse on campus.