Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Rockies, Game 1  (Read 30678 times)

Offline carlfish

Gameday Thread: Nats vs. Rockies, Game 1
« Reply #225: July 18, 2005, 10:23:15 PM »
you don't have faith in Church

Frank!  You gotta have faith in Church!!

I just wanted to say that.  Hey guys, it's just one game.  Let's get 'em tomorrow~

CFish

Jerspos

« Reply #226: July 18, 2005, 10:23:24 PM »
If he even cares anymore I mean common if you were the GM and your players weren't caring about winning would you ??? they are playing like they don't care

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #227: July 18, 2005, 10:23:50 PM »
The trolls are gonna be out tonight on the MLB board...bar your windows and lock your doors.   :roll:

Jerspos

« Reply #228: July 18, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK KNOW ARE WE DONE ???I"M WORRIED THAT THE TEAM HAS GIVEN UP

Frank needs to call a meating or something :idea:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #229: July 18, 2005, 10:25:38 PM »
Andrew Jones just hit a homer in San Francisco 2-0 Atlanta and the game just started.   :x

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #230: July 18, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
Could there be some kind if bacteria in the locker room or on the bench, because this dizziness thing that's going around is becoming ridiculous...

Offline rileyn

« Reply #231: July 18, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »
It makes me dizzy to watch this team now.

Offline PC

« Reply #232: July 18, 2005, 10:39:06 PM »
Is there something wrong with Frank?

This team has to be deconstructed just like they did after that 2-7 road trip.  Nothing should be forbidden.  No one should be untouchable.

...and dump that load, Christian Guzman!!! :x

natslive

« Reply #233: July 18, 2005, 11:33:17 PM »
while this was only 1 game and not time to panic - I do think something needs to be done to shake up the team - it's been very lifeless and watching the game tonight it was a total team effort for the loss and a pretty pathetic effort all around - the errors (and I give Wilson and error on the so called triple to center), Guzman's inability to bunt (not even asking him to get a hit for pete's sake) not once but twice, Frank's questionable decision to not PH for Guzman and to PH Carroll for Church as well as even use Will "I'm not even hitting the Guzman line" Cordero, lack of timely hitting, terrible baserunning.......I know every team goes thru down periods and the Nats have raised our expectations based on their overachieving the first half but tonights game was embarassing and the last week has been pretty disgusting as well - it's almost like they've been infected with some sort of stupid disease....

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #234: July 18, 2005, 11:49:29 PM »
With just one win in their last five home games, 3 wins in their last 12 overall, there is something seriously not right with this team. I think the so called chemistry was gone long before Preston Wilson got here. Maybe what that Nats needed was a GUT transplant. The players are leaning too much on injuries as their excuse, they need to stand up and show some gumption...

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #235: July 19, 2005, 12:15:30 AM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Could there be some kind if bacteria in the locker room or on the bench, because this dizziness thing that's going around is becoming ridiculous...

I wonder if these guys are affected by the heat and humidity.  NFL teams found that drinking pickle juice before games would help them resist dehydration effects.  Colorado is a team the Nationals needs to be sweeping.    :x

The umpires need to realize that MLB owns the Nationals and to stop handing the games away with bad calls.  Colorado owns over 3% of the Nationals, so a win for us is a win for them!  :P

Montcobaseball

« Reply #236: July 19, 2005, 07:08:22 AM »
Now thats funny because a month ago there were people saying that MLB had entered into a conspiracy with the umpires to make calls in FAVOR of the Nats to improve their record and thus their sale price.  

The umpires had absolutely nothing to do with this collapse. It smells of complacent players, lack of concentration, and a manager and third base coach who making terrible decisions.

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

« Reply #237: July 19, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
With just one win in their last five home games, 3 wins in their last 12 overall, there is something seriously not right with this team. I think the so called chemistry was gone long before Preston Wilson got here. Maybe what that Nats needed was a GUT transplant. The players are leaning too much on injuries as their excuse, they need to stand up and show some gumption...

I dunno. I'm still leaning to that most common of phenomena: THE SLUMP.

When you're going bad, everything falls apart and you question everything. Its rare for a team to get thru a season without at least one; Nats had a mini slump earlier on the TOR-CIN-STL road trip but not quite the full blown variety.

I think if you're looking for a cause you might look just at the relentless pressure of winning in the first half. Especially with all the injuries, Nats players are physically and mentally drained and look like it. They played MAY-JUN like it was September and are paying the price.

Trouble is, there is no science to breaking out of these. After the fact, analysts always point to one game, one AB, one defensive play but I am never sure if that's just looking for an explanation.

One thing I DO know. When they are gone its like you got a different team on the field and, assuming the season is not destroyed, you look back on them as a strange memory.

However the one thing that won't go away is:
Vinnie needs rest,
Guillen needs rest,
Vidro could probably use the odd off day as he's really in post Spring training mode tight now,
Ayalla and several others need rest.

Trouble is, hard to see how any of this happens, at least B4 Johnson returns (assuming he actually picks up somewhere near where he left off).