Author Topic: What to do with the Panic Monkeys?  (Read 1617 times)

Online Mattionals

What to do with the Panic Monkeys?
« Topic Start: October 01, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Serious question.  If the Nats clinch, what will we do with the Panic Monkeys?  :mg:

I say they all have to buy post-season tickets to the NLDS and all sit in the same section with shirts that say "WE DOUBTED THE NATS".

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: What to do with the Panic Monkeys?
« Reply #1: October 01, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
Watching a NLDS game live and panicking about the Nats at the game might be torture enough. It's going to be tough sitting through the playoffs :mg:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: October 01, 2012, 01:13:52 PM »
Shrug. Stay out of the gameday threads. It's what I do anymore.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: October 01, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
:lmao:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: October 01, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »
Shrug. Stay out of the gameday threads. It's what I do anymore.

:(

Is there even a point to the ignore function?  No one seems to use it or think it's sufficient...

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: October 01, 2012, 01:24:44 PM »

Is there even a point to the ignore function?  No one seems to use it or think it's sufficient...

Well, it's not truly an ignore function if you get the message that they made a post and you can still see their posts when they are quoted.  I'd use it a lot more if those two things were different.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #6: October 01, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
I don't use the ignore function because when the panic monkeys are wrong I want to be able to taunt them mercilessly  :rofl: But seriously, with most things in life I am a "glass half empty" type, but with the Nationals, I can't help but hope and think we are always in, every game. Even in the 8th inning of yesterday's game. The Nationals bring out the best in me I guess....

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #7: October 01, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »
I loved old ignore where you couldn't see they posted or even a quote about them.

Online Mattionals

« Reply #8: October 01, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »
I loved old ignore where you couldn't see they posted or even a quote about them.

We had this???  :icon_exclaim:

Why is this not still around!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #9: October 01, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
It's all good.  "Panic monkeys" add to the entertainment.   Every once in awhile, give 'em a whack and go on with the thread.    Depending on your definition, we've all had "panic monkey" moments.   We're Nats' fans.   We know panic.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #10: October 01, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
I don't use the ignore button.  How can you critique someone if you don't have all the information?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #11: October 01, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
I just like making fun of Assclown.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #12: October 01, 2012, 02:16:39 PM »
Serious question.  If the Nats clinch, what will we do with the Panic Monkeys?  :mg:

I say they all have to buy post-season tickets to the NLDS and all sit in the same section with shirts that say "WE DOUBTED THE NATS".
But when we are down 0-2 in the NLDS and Jackson gives up 4 runs in the first inning of game 3, we will all be panic monkeys. 

Online Mattionals

« Reply #13: October 01, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »
But when we are down 0-2 in the NLDS and Jackson gives up 4 runs in the first inning of game 3, we will all be panic monkeys.

I'm more talking about those panic monkeys that think Paul Swydan is right.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #14: October 01, 2012, 02:20:40 PM »
I just like making fun of Assclown.

Is he still around or is that SF?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #15: October 01, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »
It's all good.  "Panic monkeys" add to the entertainment.   Every once in awhile, give 'em a whack and go on with the thread.   

This. I just laugh. It's mostly because they're passionate about the Nats...and maybe just a tad nervous.

But, truly, this is why I can't deal with the gameday threads. I can picture dudes in their man-caves throwing beer cans against the wall with every little thing that goes wrong. And calling "game" in the first inning.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #16: October 01, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »

People who use the ignore button are weak.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #17: October 01, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »

The problem is that some other poster will quote the ignored and then you're reading more garbage

Offline mitlen

« Reply #18: October 01, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »
The problem is that some other poster will quote the ignored and then you're reading more garbage

I ignore everyone and just ramble.   It's the only way to go.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #19: October 01, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »

We had this???  :icon_exclaim:

Why is this not still around!

It was a hack I cobbled together (and "ignore" itself was a third-party modification in SMF 1.1, not a native feature), and you could tell a post was missing because of the alternating color scheme of the post backgrounds.

I've briefly looked at doing this again but I just haven't had the time or motivation.  It seems sort of pointless with the quote issue looming anyway.  Besides, why would you click on "show post" if you wanted to ignore the person?

This is a legitimate gripe, but last I checked all major BBS softwares suffered from this problem.  Only easy solution I know of would be to disable quote tags altogether, and that still doesn't stop people from quoting the old-fashioned way.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #20: October 01, 2012, 03:02:56 PM »
It was a hack I cobbled together (and "ignore" itself was a third-party modification in SMF 1.1, not a native feature), and you could tell a post was missing because of the alternating color scheme of the post backgrounds.

I've briefly looked at doing this again but I just haven't had the time or motivation.  It seems sort of pointless with the quote issue looming anyway.  Besides, why would you click on "show post" if you wanted to ignore the person?

This is a legitimate gripe, but last I checked all major BBS softwares suffered from this problem.  Only easy solution I know of would be to disable quote tags altogether, and that still doesn't stop people from quoting the old-fashioned way.

#firstworldproblems :(

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #21: October 01, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
SSS and Panic Monkies.

I need to work on getting my phrases trademarked.

Offline BigMeech

« Reply #22: October 01, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
Let the panic monkeys do their thing.  It can be vastly entertaining at times.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #23: October 01, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
What a load of wusses.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #24: October 01, 2012, 03:27:14 PM »
Panic Monkey Squad = PMS? :mg: