Author Topic: Jose Guillen: if you are reading this......  (Read 580 times)

Offline rileyn

Jose Guillen: if you are reading this......
« Topic Start: September 23, 2005, 10:37:41 PM »
Watch a video of your at bats.  You are dropping your back shoulder so much that there is no possible way to have a level swing.  I have to think this is also causing you to not see pitches properly.  You are chasing so much junk that I would throw you nothing but sliders in the dirt, and you would swing and miss and curse your way back to the dugout.  If you are hurt, sit.  You may finish at .270 at this rate.

Tom McGraw - what are you doing?  Help this man out.  How about telling him to watch how a 20 year old rookie (Zimmerman) lays off Trachsel's split finger and forces him to elevate his pitches.  I know this is easier said than done, but it doesn't seem like our hitters adjust and get better.

Lastly, hats off to the Mets for sacking up and not quitting when the Nats tied the score with 2 outs in the 9th.......and F Deivi Cruz.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Jose Guillen: if you are reading this......
« Reply #1: September 24, 2005, 10:11:05 AM »
Not making excuses, but it's been said the Guillen needs shoulder surgery in the offseason.  It could be that his injury has been a primary cause of his batting woes.

I am hoping that it is, and that it is repairable, so that we get what we expect from Guillen next season:  .300, 30 HR, 100+RBI.