Author Topic: Strasburg in October..  (Read 46510 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Re: Strasburg in October..
« Reply #1000: August 23, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »
I don't give two flip what some national guys who took daily dumps on the "Natinals" as recently as last season thinks about the Washington Nationals. And screw that "don't assume we'll be in this position again" storyline.

I stayed positive when we were ass pounded nightly in 2008 and 2009. I was preaching patience in 2010. I was bouncing off walls promising a white hot future last season. I was laughed at not only by opposing fans but also by some on here.

We have the best record in the majors. Young pitching, young hitting talent, youth everywhere. Payroll flexibility. Awesome ballpark. Rich market that will financially support a winner.  The future is so bright it isn't funny. The rest of major league baseball will be looking at the Washington Nationals for some guide to how to rebuild their team. Asshat scouts and GMs who laughed at the Nats in 2009 will now sit around gazing sadly at the riches Mike Rizzo and the front office has assembled.

I'll enjoy every day and I will PROMISE we will be back here again over the next few years. As soon as the Nationals qualify for their first playoff berth, I will absolute dump Sunshine everywhere and be so happy even CAL and BiL will caution me to temper it down.

If I could stay optimistic when we were marching out horrible players like Elijah Dukes, Luis Atilano, Anderson Hernandez, JD Martin, etc then I'll be super happy as long as the roster stays as it is. I survived Guzman in the outfield(:hang:), I'll survive the Strasburg shutdown.

The past makes us appreciate today. Today is awesome. The future is great.