Author Topic: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2009-2012)  (Read 99718 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Re: Food and How you Cook/Eat it.
« Reply #175: January 10, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »
Here goes:

Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce

1 2 pound boneless pork loin trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces (I used one prepackaged tenderloin, both pieces cut in half)
2 large red bell peppers, seeded andcut into strips
1/3 prepared teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used about 3, so use your own judgement, we like spicy)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

for serving:
1/2 cup chopped green onions (white part and some of the green)
1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
2 limes, cut to make 8 to 12 wedges (optional)

Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put the pork, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes and garlic in the cooker. Cover and cook on low until the pork is fork-tender (I put mine on the ten hour setting because it is the lowest one and just ended it earlier). The original recipe says to also add the red peppers, but I found they disappeared into the sauce. I would wait until the last hour to add them so they keep some of their shape and crispiness. 

Remove the pork from the cooker and coarsely chop (I just used two forks). Add the peanut butter to the liquid in the cooker; stir well to dissolve the peanut butter and blen with the liquid to make the sauce (I turned my cooker back on and used a high setting to mix the sauce, but also to get it to reduce some). You can either add sauce over the pork as you like, or add the pork back to the mixture and toss it to coat the meat evenly.

Serve in shallow bowls over hot jasmine rice, and sprinkle each serving with some of the green onions and peanuts, sprits with lime according to taste.

The original recipe is from 'Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook' by Beth Hensperger.

Enjoy!  :)