Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 13586 times)

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #200: April 11, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »
Zimmerman is awful.  We have overrated him so much.  What has he really done except for the walk-off winners.

rotflmao. that ridiculousness doesn't even warrant a response.

anyways, 8 straight losses. anyone else insanely think this is funny? like this is becoming a joke. with each loss it gets funnier and funnier.  it's a combination of  :spaz: and  :rofl:.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #201: April 11, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
Nationals are my 2nd favorite mlb team, and there is always the common ground in hating phillies/ mets
I'm here for the baseball, not the partisanship

Better than those here for "Word Association" and "Movie Quote Games".

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #202: April 11, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
The O's games have been 10x more entertaining recently. That's no good. :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #203: April 11, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »

anyways, 8 straight losses. anyone else insanely think this is funny? like this is becoming a joke. with each loss it gets funnier and funnier.  it's a combination of  :spaz: and  :rofl:.
Yep, it's almost beyond belief how we continue to lose every game. Our starter pitches 8 inning and only gives up 1 run (best outing of his career) and we still get blown out by 3 runs.  I've never seen a losing streak quite like this one.  Usually coaches get fired or players get released after something like this happens.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #204: April 11, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
Zimmerman is completely befuddled.  What an extremely disappointing season.

Zimmerman went completely into the toilet when it became obvious that iluvryanzimmerman no longer loves him... We've lost both of them, and 8 straight.  Ryan should be batting no higher than 6th... or 8th, since he reeks, and will NEVER be voted into the All Star game because of that smell.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #205: April 11, 2008, 09:58:50 PM »
The O's games have been 10x more entertaining recently. That's no good. :?

Ouch.

I'm falling back to the Cubs and my fantasy team. This has got to end tomorrow.

Offline leinad

« Reply #206: April 11, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »

I've laughed the last few games when I checked the scores.  It is a joke.  I wonder how long we can keep it up.  I guess we'll have to win at some point...

natsfan1a

« Reply #207: April 11, 2008, 10:01:52 PM »
ha ha

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #208: April 11, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »

QFT. I think those threads should be shut down during the reg. season. I really do regret starting the Word Association one. I did do it for the offseason, though.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #209: April 11, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »
I've laughed the last few games when I checked the scores.  It is a joke.  I wonder how long we can keep it up.  I guess we'll have to win at some point...

REMEMBER the 1962 Washington Senators...
Won their 1st 2 games and then
LOST 13 CONSECUTIVE GAMES!

Offline daveb32

« Reply #210: April 11, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
Show of hands, who here misses Mitchell Page?

natsfan1a

« Reply #211: April 11, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »
You might lose some members by quashing OT threads, but whatever.

« Reply #212: April 11, 2008, 10:08:59 PM »
The O's games have been 10x more entertaining recently.

Umm, check the math ...

10 X 0 (aka the Nats entertainment value) = 0

To think I spent $14.95 to get MLB gameday audio to listen to this crap.

Lopez can't hit, yet he pinch hits for Flores, who at least has the power to tie the game with one swing.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #213: April 11, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »
You might lose some members then, but whatever.

If they left because of that, so be it, IMO. Why are they here? It's baseball time now. :D

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #214: April 11, 2008, 10:10:24 PM »
The O's have lost 3 straight games to crappy teams so at least we don't have to hear about them any more. 

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #215: April 11, 2008, 10:10:54 PM »
Show of hands, who here misses Mitchell Page?

Nah, we need someone better than both of those guys.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #216: April 11, 2008, 10:11:08 PM »
I think those threads should be shut down during the reg. season.

Personally, they're a huge pet peeve of mine, but that's probably just my underlying, secret obsession with forum stats.  Then again, I've slowly weened myself off the illusion that post counts really matter.  Now that I've gotten past that, I can live with the threads.  However, I used to post in and enjoy the Off-Topic section; now, it's become a giant heap of crap threads like "Movie Quote Game" and "Song Game", as well as many, many political issues.  IMO, why would anyone want to talk politics in a Nationals forum?  It's beyond me.

Rant over.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #217: April 11, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
If they left because of that, so be it, IMO. Why are they here? It's baseball time now. :D

They know a lot of baseball words and baseball songs? :)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #218: April 11, 2008, 10:13:14 PM »
Personally, they're a huge pet peeve of mine, but that's probably just my underlying, secret obsession with forum stats.  Then again, I've slowly weened myself off the illusion that post counts really matter.  Now that I've gotten past that, I can live with the threads.  However, I used to post in and enjoy the Off-Topic section; now, it's become a giant heap of **** threads like "Movie Quote Game" and "Song Game", as well as many, many political issues.  IMO, why would anyone want to talk politics in a Nationals forum?  It's beyond me.

Rant over.

I agree. And A LOT of nospin's random threads could (and should, IMO) go in one of his zones.

OK, now my rant's over. :D

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #219: April 11, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
Clippard pitched well tonight: 6 IP 6 H 2 R 2 ER 1 BB 8 SO

Unfortunately lack of offense is our main problem and we definitely have none of that in Columbus (27 runs in 9 games).

natsfan1a

« Reply #220: April 11, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
I like to read about baseball but am not really interested in basketball, hockey, or football threads. So I don't read them. It doesn't bother me that they are there. Why should it? Personally, I like the off-topic section as a way for people to connect on other topics and to learn more about each other if they wish to do so. To each their own, I suppose. Frankly, I've not even been reading all of the baseball threads lately because of the ranting. But hopefully the Nats will get a win soon and there won't be so much negativity on the board.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #221: April 11, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »
Clippard pitched well tonight: 6 IP 6 H 2 R 2 ER 1 BB 8 SO

Unfortunately lack of offense is our main problem and we definitely have none of that in Columbus (27 runs in 9 games).

Yeah, Columbus has a great pitching staff, but their offense SUCKS.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #222: April 11, 2008, 10:20:24 PM »
Personally, they're a huge pet peeve of mine, but that's probably just my underlying, secret obsession with forum stats... 

...said the man who needed another post to stay ahead of ronnynat...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #223: April 11, 2008, 10:22:29 PM »
Colonel Custer couldn't save us tonight...damn.

That's because he was the wrong one to use. Sherman had his way with Atlanta and the entire state of Georgia so may be you should try him to see if it helps our luck :?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #224: April 11, 2008, 10:22:58 PM »
I like to read about baseball but am not really interested in basketball, hockey, or football threads. So I don't read them. It doesn't bother me that they are there. Why should it? Personally, I like the off-topic section as a way for people to connect on other topics and to learn more about each other if they wish to do so. To each their own, I suppose.

Those are SPORTS threads you pointed out, though. Key word. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it is a sports message board. There's only so much we really need to know about each other here. I do like to get to know people, but this isn't really the place for that, IMO.