Author Topic: a radical solution to Zimm's throwing issues.  (Read 1680 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
make him a first baseman. discuss.

Offline sportsfan882

no.

He has a great glove. He will get over the throwing issues. No one covers as much ground as he does manning 3B.

Offline hammondsnats

that's exactly what my dad said.  i don't know if he was kidding or not. 

i think he's going to be a fine third baseman, the problem is he just thinks too damn much.  you don't see players on other teams doing that.  sure everyone goes through a slump or makes an error here or there ... but on the most routine of throws, something he does every time an inning begins, its inexcusable to not make that throw. 

if only mr. miyagi were still alive he'd be able to help him.

Offline sportsfan882

he doesn't throw the ball to first, he aims it. tries to touch throw it over.

someone help him please. at least he looked disappointed in himself after the error tonight. a lot of the other nights he would make an error and brush it off like nothing happened.

Offline UMDNats

i don't understand why this is still going on. i hope that they have SOMEONE working with him, but with this team, who the f knows

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
If anything, I'd make him a 2B.

You can't possibly make someone with his range a 1B.  Who even knows if he'd be good at picking throws?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Send him to AAA. It's a lost season anyway.

Offline NatsDad14

Move him to SS

Offline DPMOmaha

i don't understand why this is still going on. i hope that they have SOMEONE working with him, but with this team, who the f knows
These things don't always just get figured out by working on it.  It's not something 100 ground-balls and throws every afternoon will magically cure.  It's a head thing right now.  Until he starts making the routine throws the same way he makes the hard ones, which generally are right on target, all the reps in the world aren't necessarily going to fix it.

Offline ghostface

fine him 10 grand for every throwing error he makes.  problem solved - the guy will be firing lasers to first.

Offline PC

Move him to SS

Moving him to 2nd or SS, he'd still have to throw to first base.

Offline NatsDad14

Ryan Zimmerman=Chuck Knoblauch

Offline PANatsFan

Have Belliard sit on him everytime he makes an error - at least he'd be useful.

Offline PC

fine him 10 grand for every throwing error he makes.  problem solved - the guy will be firing lasers to first.

They can't fine players for things like this.  If they could and started doing it, most of the team would have to get part time jobs.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Move him to SS, put Guzman at third.  Guz has little to no range, but doesn't have a throwing problem per se.  Plenty of bricks already at third base in the league these days.

Offline NatsDad14

My radical solution. If he has plenty of time left, tell him to eat the ball. 1 base is better than 2 bases.

Offline aspenbubba

Move him to SS, put Guzman at third.  Guz has little to no range, but doesn't have a throwing problem per se.  Plenty of bricks already at third base in the league these days.

I actually thought of this also. I am not sure it has any merit. I would like some others to weigh in.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
He's third in Web Gems for 3rd Basemen in the 1st half!  (Perfect Practice Makes Perfect - Cal Ripken Sr.)

Offline HalfSmokes

How much worse will this be when Nick (and his glove) get traded?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

That is radical. This will not be necessary. He will be fine.

My radical solution. If he has plenty of time left, tell him to eat the ball. 1 base is better than 2 bases.

:lol:

These things don't always just get figured out by working on it.  It's not something 100 ground-balls and throws every afternoon will magically cure.  It's a head thing right now.  Until he starts making the routine throws the same way he makes the hard ones, which generally are right on target, all the reps in the world aren't necessarily going to fix it.

This.

I actually thought of this also. I am not sure it has any merit. I would like some others to weigh in.

It has no merit in my opinion. He'd have plenty more chances of throwing balls away from SS. He might botch the easy tosses to second on DP chances.  :lol:

he doesn't throw the ball to first, he aims it. tries to touch throw it over.

someone help him please. at least he looked disappointed in himself after the error tonight. a lot of the other nights he would make an error and brush it off like nothing happened.

This makes sportsfan sound like a desperately worried girlfriend begging her boyfriend's friends to help him overcome his addiction.   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
This makes sportsfan sound like a desperately worried girlfriend begging her boyfriend's friends to help him overcome his addiction.   :icon_mrgreen:

At least he got over the denial stage fairly quickly :clap:

no.

He has a great glove. He will get over the throwing issues. No one covers as much ground as he does manning 3B.

Offline OldNatsFan

After Nick is traded and they move The Big Donkey to 1st base, perhaps he can reach those high throws from Zimm since he is quite a bit taller than Nick.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
After Nick is traded and they move The Big Donkey to 1st base, perhaps he can reach those high throws from Zimm since he is quite a bit taller than Nick.

And wears a lead glove.

Offline PANatsFan

Send him to AAA. It's a lost season anyway.

Offline houston-nat

Have Belliard sit on him everytime he makes an error - at least he'd be useful.
:rofl: