Author Topic: Morgan - "... it feels good to be in a baseball city"  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Coladar

Here's a quote that hasn't been posted yet from Federal Baseball:

Steve True: Why'd they want to get rid of you?

Nyjer Morgan: "Some stuff that happened last year, I guess, I'm not sure, just the way I play, I guess it wasn't ready for D.C. in my eyes."

Steve True: "So was the stuff legitimate? You can clear the air if you like...we don't follow the Nationals that closely here."

Nyjer Morgan: "No, i don't follow them neither. [Laughs]

Steve True: "So it just didn't work for you?"

Nyjer Morgan: "Nah, I'll just plead the Fifth on it. I'm glad to be in Milwaukee now, I'll tell you that."

Wtf? Way to rub dirt in the city, the fans, and the teams eyes trash-man. "I don't follow them either"??? Wtf? Honestly.. Well, lets forget about everyone else. What about the damn players? Was this man really so hated, so despised in the clubhouse that he didn't make a single friend out of the team? Because I get this is the media, and the players often don't care about remarks. But this is striking. I mean, does he really have no friends on the team? Is he that big of a jerk, and we just didn't notice it or hear about it? Or is it, more likely I guess, but surprising still if you come about it from the perspective of a sane, non-piece of human refuse trash-man, that he's just a lunatic who opens his mouth before he thinks, assuming he ever does think, and put his foot in his mouth saying "He doesn't follow his former teammates a week and a half later."

I've got a feeling he is a man who didn't make a ton of friends in the clubhouse, but either way, he doesn't have any left now. Particularly if he keeps this up as part of the "New city, win over the fans in Tony Plush mode by trashing your old team and putting the new one on a pedestal." God, these comments turned the Tony Plush lovers to haters. Imagine my feelings, as someone who's despised him for the past year, after this crap. If it turned human refuse fans feelings love to hate, what does it do to hate? If this jerk turns up in DC next week still in PR mode and pulls some crap and/or showboats during his ABs, I'm going to have to be physically restrained from running on the field and knocking him on his ass. Literally, physically restrained.

God, I thought I despise and hated Lastings Milledge. Man, Nyjer Morgan is just... There's not a word vile enough in the human language for him. It goads me more than anything that so many, almost unilaterally, this fan base supported him despite his reprehensible behavior AND his godawful play and stupid ass mistakes for an *entire season* and he knows it. Then to make these comments? God. All I can say is at least he's gone, and I never have to cheer for a team that has this jerk on it for the rest of my life. If he ever comes back to DC, I'm selling all my tickets and rooting for Peter Angelos. And *that* says something, since I never rooted for them growing up, rather not watching baseball than cheer for the team that kept my city from having one.

Okay, Nyjer Morgan rant /off. After all my hating of Morgan the last year, you knew after these comments that these two posts were coming. I think I've got it all out of my system unless someone replies to one of my two posts defending Morgan and saying what a great guy he is, that it's all explained away because "That's just Tony Plush" and he's a former hockey player, that's just how they do it. Yep, /rant. Bye bye, Trash Man Piece of Human Refuse Garbage Slime-Ball. The teams character and morals went up by an infinite amount without your violence, lazy play, violence, insanity and violence.