Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417213 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #100: November 02, 2006, 11:34:12 PM »
Well, I didn't see this thread before I posted my, "Hey I'm here thread" yesterday.  Oh well, I'm here regardles.  Wish I would have found this board during the season, but better late than never!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #101: November 02, 2006, 11:54:32 PM »
Quote from: "DPMOmaha"
Well, I didn't see this thread before I posted my, "Hey I'm here thread" yesterday.  Oh well, I'm here regardles.  Wish I would have found this board during the season, but better late than never!
Just be around next April - that way you are extra-early instead of being late.   :wink:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #102: November 03, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "DPMOmaha"
Just be around next April - that way you are extra-early instead of being late.   :wink:

Works for me!   :D

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #103: December 27, 2006, 02:33:06 PM »
Quote from: "natsfan1a"
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, though I've followed the Nats from the start. I'm the alpha fan of a cohort (Nats Fans 1-A, 1-B, and 1-C) that includes a friend (and hapless Cubs fan) from Chicago and my hubby. I attend about 12 games per year. When I can't get to a game, I listen to the radio or watch on TV (I don't have cable so the TV viewings are rather rare). I'm in northern VA. Hope I posted this the correct way!

natsfan1a

Welcome to the forum :D  You posted your message just fine ;)

Offline oldsenatorsfan

« Reply #104: January 06, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »
Hello.  My name is Robert.  
I saw my first Senators game in 1946 or '47; its hard to be exact.  I remember Mickey Vernon was the first baseman.  Later on Eddie Yost became my favorite and I watched as many games as possible from the third base side of old Griffith Stadium.  After high school, college and military service, I continued to attend several games each year until Short moved the expansion team to Texas.  I was very angry that I could not take my sons to watch baseball games in my home town, and refused to support Baltimore because they were perceived as blocking baseball's return to DC.  

Now the Nats are back.  I have been to several games each year; my oldest son took me for Fathers Day the first year, and again the next.  It may be the making of a tradition.  I look forward to seeing many games over the years I have left.

I have been a regular "lurker" (I think that is the term) on the MLB board until the childish action of last week made it difficult to pay attention.

I won't contrbute much, but hope you will read when I do

Thanks

Old Senators Fan

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #105: January 06, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
Welcome Robert!  Glad you are here...not enough older guys around and hope you stick around.  You would probably enjoy my historical blog since you were around during the Senators' days.  Feel free to check it out by clicking the "Senators Nation" link in my tagline below the smiley face holding the Welcome sign....

Again glad you're here and enjoy your stay!  

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #106: January 18, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »
Hello most of you all know me as Mike Hughes for those who don't then Hello

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #107: January 18, 2007, 10:28:24 PM »
Quote from: "mikehughes"
Hello most of you all know me as Mike Hughes for those who don't then Hello
Hello Mike & Welcome the The Forum.  8)

AuRevoirExpos

« Reply #108: January 19, 2007, 02:19:43 AM »
Hi Mike, and welcome.

A Nats fan and an Angels fan? How interesting... we could have perhaps used you to adjudicate the last time Jose Guillen and Mike Scioscia went for each others throats!  :lol:

Offline mikehughes

« Reply #109: January 19, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »
Yep, Nats fan and Angels fan, Im 15 so there was never a team here until 05, so I had to follow some team, and I just didn't like the Orioles for whatever reason, and there was someone in the family who liked the Angels so they got me into them and now here I am rooting for both to do good.

Offline kev89

« Reply #110: January 22, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm from Prince William County. I look foward to posting and talking baseball with all of you.

« Reply #111: January 22, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »
Quote from: "kev89"
Hi, my name is Kevin and I'm from Prince William County. I look foward to posting and talking baseball with all of you.

Welcome! :thumbs:

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #112: January 23, 2007, 10:48:20 AM »
First Base Lady here - from Burlington, Vermont - Home of the Vermont Lake Mosters, Short Season A affiliate.  I have been a regular reader of the Board for some time now, but just got up the courage to join.  I have been a host family for the team since 1995, hosing over 2 dozen players and coaches including Jason Bay (Pittsburgh Pirates) and Rick Eckstein (brother of Cardinals IF David Eckstein).  I am an avid fan, but more closely follow the minor leagues and those that have played here in VT over the past 12 seasons.  I will probably be an infrequent poster - but visit the board every day.

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #113: January 23, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »
Ok- so now you know why I needed courage - I am not the best proof reader in the world!  I meant to say HOSTING over 2 dozen players and coaches.  

I have stuff from most of the players that have come through Vermont - Milton Bradley, Jose Macias, Jason Bay, Michael Barrett, Orlando Cabrera and a bunch who have never made it and will never make it to the big show.  I don't look at the stuff as being worth something in the future - since I would never part with most of it!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #114: January 23, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »
Welcome aboard First base Lady, and pay no never mind to any typos you might make, because we all make them. Some of us (looks at self) are better at making them than others... Just have fun, and take part in any thread that strikes your fancy.

To everyone else I missed saying hello and welcome to, I hope you all have a blast in the forum and always leave knowing you have a lot of friends here...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #115: January 24, 2007, 06:57:41 AM »
Quote from: "First Base Lady"
First Base Lady here - from Burlington, Vermont - Home of the Vermont Lake Mosters, Short Season A affiliate.  I have been a regular reader of the Board for some time now, but just got up the courage to join.  I have been a host family for the team since 1995, hosing over 2 dozen players and coaches including Jason Bay (Pittsburgh Pirates) and Rick Eckstein (brother of Cardinals IF David Eckstein).  I am an avid fan, but more closely follow the minor leagues and those that have played here in VT over the past 12 seasons.  I will probably be an infrequent poster - but visit the board every day.

Another person from Vermont, cool and welcome!

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #116: January 24, 2007, 09:58:12 AM »
2k6nats and I discussed the Vermont Lake MONSTERS in the Game Thread on Aug 19, 2006 (excuse some of the language there, since the Nationals were losing early by 8-0.  The Search function on this Forum helps you find all sorts of things.)  I'd like to see the Nationals adopt some of Vermont's entertainment ideas, such as "Human Bowling" between-innings.  2k6nats said that the mascot, Champ, squirts water at opposing players before games.  Unlike major league baseball, there is free Internet access to radio broadcasts of minor league games, at http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/multimedia/audio.jsp.  So it was interesting to hear a live broadcast from Vermont, all the way down in the Washington DC area.

racab

« Reply #117: January 30, 2007, 12:20:05 PM »
 :D  Hello:   My name is Raul and I am father of a new Nationals minor league player.  I am excited about next season.  I hope we have a good time at this site.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #118: January 30, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »
:D  Hello:   My name is Raul and I am father of a new Nationals minor league player.  I am excited about next season.  I hope we have a good time at this site.
Bienvenidos Raul!  Hope your son climbs the ladder quickly!  We will be needing new talent pronto!  I attend many Potomac games so let us know how he's doing and where he's playing and we'll follow him.  Glad you're here.

racab

« Reply #119: January 30, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »
Thanks for the welcome senators!

AuRevoirExpos

« Reply #120: January 30, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
Hi recab - nice to have you around. May we know who your son is, so we can follow his progress?

racab

« Reply #121: January 30, 2007, 04:07:12 PM »
His name is Marcos Cabral, his position is SS,  and he will be playing at Hagerstown or Potomac.  All depends how he does it at spring trainning.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #122: January 30, 2007, 04:13:56 PM »
His name is Marcos Cabral, his position is SS,  and he will be playing at Hagerstown or Potomac.  All depends how he does it at spring trainning.
We'll keep an eye out for him...hope you enjoy your stay here at the Nats Forum.   8)

racab

« Reply #123: January 30, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »
Good! I appreciate your interest,  see you around.

MoochieDC_86

« Reply #124: February 01, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »
Hey Everybody,
I'm 20 years old and growing up I was a big Orioles fan...I still pay attention from time to time but every since MLB brought a team to Washington my interest has been drawn.  I would now say that the Nationals are my favorite team in the league.  I like what I have seen so far from Bowden and Kasten.  I look forward to this season to see which players progress.  I also look forward to attending my first game at RFK.  So go Nats and hi again to everyone!