Author Topic: Technical browswer question  (Read 2806 times)

Offline NatsAddict

Re: Technical browswer question
« Topic Start: September 25, 2007, 10:36:48 AM »
I'm not familiar with AOL, but in IE 7, you can clear the cache by going to Tools>Internet Options. 

* In the General Tab, click on the Delete button in the Browsing History section.  This will open the Delete Browsing History window.

* In the Delete Browsing History Window, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button.  You will be asked if you are sure you want to do this.  Click the Yes button an it will clear out the cache - this can take several seconds.

* Close the Delete Browsing History Window.

* Back in the General Tab, click on the Settings button in the Browsing History section.  Here you can change your settings for how often IE will check for new pages rather than reading from cache.  It's default is Automatic.  If that doesn't work, you may want to try Every Time I Visit the Webpage.  It may slow down the loading of some pages by a small, nearly imperceptible amount while it checks for the updates, but it will be worth it.

I hope this works.  I don't know if the AOL wrapper will interfere with IE, and, if so, how it may change the options.