Author Topic: Beast Mode ACTIVATED!  (Read 19658 times)

Offline madj55

Re: Beast Mode Activated - Not so much
« Reply #100: April 10, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
At what point do they change team doctors?

Hey, the Medical Director for the club is a good family friend of mine and actually has performed surgery on my torn hamstring, I don't think he's the problem.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #101: April 10, 2012, 09:37:20 PM »
Hey, the Medical Director for the club is a good family friend of mine and actually has performed surgery on my torn hamstring, I don't think he's the problem.

Nice to meet you Mr. Lerner.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #102: April 10, 2012, 09:50:37 PM »
Maybe it's every team, but injuries on this team seem to go from minor/needs rest to surgery with decent regularity 

Offline atodasoh

« Reply #103: April 10, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
Phillies are missing Utley and Howard, Braves are missing Hudson and Chipper, Mets are missing David Wright, Marlins are too combustible to rely on. I'm not ready to throw the towel in because Morse and Storen are out. 

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #104: April 10, 2012, 10:27:59 PM »
Well, considering they have no idea exactly what the injury is, "rest" may not help.  Knowing exactly what the injury is would be a good first step.

That's exactly what he was advocating  :lol:

Phillies are missing Utley and Howard, Braves are missing Hudson and Chipper, Mets are missing David Wright, Marlins are too combustible to rely on. I'm not ready to throw the towel in because Morse and Storen are out.
Also this. I think we can endure losing Storen for an extended amount of time without too much difficulty. Morse being out indefinitely definitely hurts though, but it is important to keep in mind that the season is young, other teams are suffering injuries, and anything can still happen. Don't be so eager to throw in the towel.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #105: April 10, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »
This was feared days ago yet people insisted nothing was wrong.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #106: April 10, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »
This was feared days ago yet people insisted nothing was wrong.
At the time there was no reason to fear something like this other than baseless pessimism. If you're constantly overbearingly negative you're bound to be right sometimes, but it's not something I would be proud of.

Online MorseTheHorse

« Reply #107: April 10, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
At the time there was no reason to fear something like this other than baseless pessimism. If you're constantly overbearingly negative you're bound to be right sometimes, but it's not something I would be proud of.

+1

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #108: April 10, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »

Who really gives a crap.  This team is snakebitten when it comes to injuries and only those looking to have unicorns and rainbows blown up their asspipe want to see it otherwise.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #109: April 10, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
They announced a few days ago that he had hit a snag so it was based on a report about a setback yet some people refused to believe it. I'm sure the optimistic approach will prevail in the end and he will be activated from the DL for the home opener.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #110: April 10, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
They announced a few days ago that he had hit a snag so it was based on a report about a setback yet some people refused to believe it. I'm sure the optimistic approach will prevail in the end and he will be activated from the DL for the home opener.

no he's going to miss it.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #111: April 10, 2012, 10:39:08 PM »
Who really gives a crap.  This team is snakebitten when it comes to injuries and only those looking to have unicorns and rainbows blown up their asspipe as they look down their nose at others want to see it otherwise.

Offline spidernat

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #113: April 10, 2012, 10:49:32 PM »
as they look down their nose at others

If you are going to base your arguments on "well this team is just unlucky with injuries, so every minor injury is really gonna be major" and nothing else, then yes, I'm going to think lesser of your position. That's not at all logical or reasonable.

In my original post to you I was referring to the people (and there were quite a few) who were saying he was done for the season back when this injury first occurred, despite the nothing but positive reports.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #114: April 10, 2012, 10:51:34 PM »
If you are going to base your arguments on "well this team is just unlucky with injuries, so every minor injury is really gonna be major" and nothing else, then yes, I'm going to think lesser of your position. That's not at all logical or reasonable.

In my original post to you I was referring to the people (and there were quite a few) who were saying he was done for the season back when this injury first occurred, despite the nothing but positive reports.

I don't recall people saying that about Morse. I certainly didn't feel that way but I can believe a few here thought that way. And I'm definitely not one of the few who think the team is cursed as far as injuries go.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #115: April 10, 2012, 10:53:28 PM »

Wow, do you take everything in life this seriously?  This is an internet message board about a team that nobody follows - it's all irrelevant.

Offline PC

« Reply #116: April 10, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »

And some of us are very cautious about "positive reports" precisely because we've seen "positive reports" on injuries end precisely like this.

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #117: April 10, 2012, 11:00:42 PM »
Wow, do you take everything in life this seriously?  This is an internet message board about a team that nobody follows - it's all irrelevant.
This is the second time tonight you've suggested I have no life merely for disagreeing with you. Butthurt perhaps?  ;)

And some of us are very cautious about "positive reports" precisely because we've seen "positive reports" on injuries end precisely like this.
There's a difference between being cautious about positive reports and flat out rejecting them.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #118: April 10, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
I just like to make jokes about the team's medical staff because I like to make jokes about everything.  Everybody should be knocked down a peg now and then :D

Offline Fan037

« Reply #119: April 10, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
This season there was every reason to be optimistic with the pitching we have.  So when we learned the closer has a bad elbow and the clean-up hitter has back  problems, it was easy to begin feeling jaded again.  However, it's true, every team has injuries.  The real test will be if the Nats can overcome theirs. 

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #120: April 10, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
I just like to make jokes about the team's medical staff because I like to make jokes about everything.  Everybody should be knocked down a peg now and then :D

It happens to me far more than I would like. My problem is I keep trying to get back up a peg.  :mg:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #121: April 10, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
It happens to me far more than I would like. My problem is I keep trying to get back up a peg.  :mg:

Taking pegging to a new level, you might say.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #122: April 10, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »

:shock: 

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #123: April 11, 2012, 07:19:13 AM »
Nats need some help if they're going to overcome the loss of Morse.

If Werth/Laroche really start to hit well and consistently, then they should be OK.  Maybe Ankiel comes up and starts to rake?  Maybe Harper comes up and tears up the league?  Maybe some team gets desperate and trades a good hitting outfielder for Lannan?  Maybe Derosa hits like he did in spring training?

Something needs to happen.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #124: April 11, 2012, 07:39:28 AM »

No reason? How long have you been following this team- optimistic reports followed be a 'snag' have been hallmarks since Patterson and Hill