Author Topic: Norris to Potomac & Rooney to Harrisburg  (Read 4492 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Norris to Potomac & Rooney to Harrisburg
« Reply #25: July 16, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »
I don't think it's that big of a deal either, but I'm kind of annoyed about this stubbornness about keeping him at catcher.

His skill set is what it is.  Either you live with the fact that he's not good at blocking pitches or you make him a first baseman.  There's no need for them to bang their heads against the wall trying to get a player to learn certain skills when he just doesn't have the proper disposition for them.

Maybe they still see something in him where they think he can be a good catcher.  It seems like the front office has high hopes for Marrero at first base (he's having a solid season) and want to do everything in their power to keep Norris @ Catcher until they have no other choice.  Let's face it, two years in a row, two major injuries for Jesus Flores.  I would love to see Norris figure it out defensively so he can spell Flores when he goes down again by the time Norris is in the bigs.  Besides he throws a lot of baserunners out and it sounds like he just loses focus from time-to-time (allowing a past ball, etc).