Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15441 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
David Stern to Jim Rome after being asked if the lottery was fixed, "Do you still beat your wife?"  :lmao:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/061312-David-Stern.mp3

:lmao:

Perfect. Two douchebags arguing. I love it.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
The NBA is crooked as hell. It's clear the refs are favoring Miami. They want Miami to win the title.

Online HalfSmokes

Yep nba wants Miami to win here- long series would be terrible for the league, get miami this one and you might not even have to return to okc

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
:lmao:

Perfect. Two douchebags arguing. I love it.

Quoted this one before but my wife often tells me, "You're having a good day when two jerks are fighting and you ain't one of them."

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Wizards trade Lewis and #46 pick to NO for Okafor and Ariza.

Online HalfSmokes

Watch out Heat, ernie's building a real challenger here- then again, I like the move

Offline kirubel94

PG-Wall/Mack/2nd round pick??
SG.Beal/Crawford
SF.Ariza/Singelton/Vesely
PF.Seraphin/Booker/Vesely
C.Nene/Okafor/Vesely

Very decent team, hopefully we can keep Nene, Okafor, and Ariza Healthy, if so they can get to 6th seed in the east.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I really like ariza

Online HalfSmokes

Wall is here through 2014 (assuming he's enough of a star to be able to get a big deal where ever he wants, which he isn't yet), so they have two years, but Ernie still has a crap load of work to do

Offline Dave B

David Stern to Jim Rome after being asked if the lottery was fixed, "Do you still beat your wife?"  :lmao:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/061312-David-Stern.mp3

sweet. i love it when people, particularly someone of sterns status, take the low road

Offline aussienatsfan

I really like ariza

I'm a rockets fan, trust me you won't like him before too long, he's a great defender but the dude has the most unreliable jumper of all SF in the nba and he thinks he can score the ball like Kobe.

I don't love the trade, it leaves you with nene and okafor who are both on big money and lay the same position.

Is Blatche still Nader contract?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I'm a rockets fan, trust me you won't like him before too long, he's a great defender but the dude has the most unreliable jumper of all SF in the nba and he thinks he can score the ball like Kobe.

I don't love the trade, it leaves you with nene and okafor who are both on big money and lay the same position.

Is Blatche still Nader contract?

When you say nene and okafor are bad on big money, we had Rashard for some years with a HUGE contract. At least Nene and Okafor can still deliver, somewhat.

Offline aussienatsfan

Agreed, but both play center, I'd say you move one of them, probably Emeka , but I actually wouldn't hate seeing them play together as nene has a decent jumper and can play like a PF.

With say wall, Crawford and Ariza making up the starting 5 that's almost a playoff team in the woeful east

Online HalfSmokes

With say wall, Crawford and Ariza making up the starting 5 that's almost a playoff team in the woeful east

I take the bill simmons view on this, you either want to be competing for a championship or in the lottery. Being the 8th seed just makes it harder to add talent (that and Ernie's drafting ability)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I take the bill simmons view on this, you either want to be competing for a championship or in the lottery. Being the 8th seed just makes it harder to add talent (that and Ernie's drafting ability)

'The hardest place from which to advance in sports is the middle of the pack in the NBA'

- Ken Beatrice

Offline aussienatsfan

'The hardest place from which to advance in sports is the middle of the pack in the NBA'

- Ken Beatrice

You're talking to a rockets fan my friends I know this more than anybody, our owner refuses to bottom out so we keep getting the 14th pick and have no star but a team full of solid nba players. At least when I got into baseball and went through the early years of nats suckage, I knew we had some prospects to follow and would bare fruits

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
I like the trade for the Wizards. 

Just collecting high draft picks and hoping to fall into some great free agency signing or trade rarely works.  People notice when it works.  They seem not to notice as much when it doesn't.  The Knicks sucked for a long time trying to collect draft picks and saving up cap space for Lebron James.  They ended up getting Anthony and Stoudamire.  Now they're middle of the pack.

The Wiz just need to play competent basketball and not embarrass themselves.  After taking that first step, then maybe they can talk about playoffs and moving beyond the number 8 seed.

Online HalfSmokes

The Anthony and Stoudamire parts are key there, the wizards have wall and a collection of castoffs

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
The Anthony and Stoudamire parts are key there, the wizards have wall and a collection of castoffs

But they're decent castoffs!

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
My point was that waiting for Carmelo Anthony types to sign in DC is no guarantee that you'll compete for a championship, either.  And I don't think the vets they have now are castoffs - Nene, Ariza, and Okafor are quality rotation players.

Online HalfSmokes

Then why did their respective teams cast them off?

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Then why did their respective teams cast them off?

Is every player who has ever been traded a cast off?

Online HalfSmokes

If they were traded for crap in return, yes

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
OK - was Carmelo Anthony a cast off?  Or Lebron James? 

Who a guy was traded for doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not he's a good player.  Sometimes other factors are involved - salary cap, how far along a team is in the rebuilding process, etc.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
James was a free agent.