Author Topic: Nationals Vs Marlins, Game 3  (Read 22063 times)

Offline zoom

Re: Nationals Vs Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #500: August 06, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »
totally missed the game today.  What was wrong with Stammen?  Does he look tired or did he just have a bad night? 

So the last games have consisted of huge contributions from Belliard, Sosa and Kensing?  Anyone buy a lottery ticket?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #501: August 06, 2009, 11:11:57 PM »
totally missed the game today.  What was wrong with Stammen?  Does he look tired or did he just have a bad night? 

So the last games have consisted of huge contributions from Belliard, Sosa and Kensing?  Anyone buy a lottery ticket?

Kensing was worse than his line.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #502: August 06, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »
were you bummed about not seeing Saul make his long awaited return to the mound for the nats? :lmao:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #503: August 06, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
were you bummed about not seeing Saul make his long awaited return to the mound for the nats? :lmao:

Gawd I was at his last game before his first demotion. I swore I would walk out if he got in the game, and started to sweat when he warmed up in the early innings.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #504: August 07, 2009, 03:49:54 AM »
told y'all about dukes.

was last night a sign of things to come?  i think so NOTLD 8)

Hammonds I'm happy for Dukes... but I just finished watching the game online and he's still the same hitter.

Everything that he hit was inner half. Teams are going to start going away away away and he'll have to make an adjustment or he'll start looking like the guy that was sent to AAA earlier. As evidence by his wild swing and miss on a Sanchez slider that broke to the outside corner.

But, for today... Dukes was the man!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #505: August 07, 2009, 10:58:58 AM »
Watching the replay tonight, I can't believe that ballgirl once again interfered with a ball in play.  Anybody know if she's the same one who did it earlier this year, got slammed on this board just as she joined and posted a mea culpa?

Wait did she actually interfere with the ball? I thought she went for it but missed it. Also, did the last girl really come here to say she had messed up and did she get ripped? If so, that was unfair because it's not like she did it with bad intentions. She just thought she was doing her job. It's not her fault that she shouldn't be allowed on the field (as with Debbi Taylor). Also, I don't think that was the same chick.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #506: August 07, 2009, 11:35:03 AM »
Wait did she actually interfere with the ball? I thought she went for it but missed it. Also, did the last girl really come here to say she had messed up and did she get ripped? If so, that was unfair because it's not like she did it with bad intentions. She just thought she was doing her job. It's not her fault that she shouldn't be allowed on the field (as with Debbi (Image removed from quote.) Taylor). Also, I don't think that was the same chick.

Yeah, the ball ticked off her glove, changing the direction slightly, and the umps appropriately ruled the play a ground-rule double due to the interference.

Last time, when a ball chick was getting ripped for interfering, she came on the board here (or was it a PM to a poster here, who in turn posted the comment?) and made a bit of a explanatory comment / apology mea culpa thing.  As I recall, but hazy on the recollection.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #507: August 07, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
Wait did she actually interfere with the ball? I thought she went for it but missed it. Also, did the last girl really come here to say she had messed up and did she get ripped? If so, that was unfair because it's not like she did it with bad intentions. She just thought she was doing her job.

It's poor job performance. She needed to look at the umps for a signal. I'm not going bash her unnecessarily because she is a volunteer, but it is a pro game, and the runner may have gotten a free base. Luckily the game outcome was not affected.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #508: August 07, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »
It's poor job performance. She needed to look at the umps for a signal. I'm not going bash her unnecessarily because she is a volunteer, but it is a pro game, and the runner may have gotten a free base. Luckily the game outcome was not affected.

Wait, you VOLUNTEER for those jobs???

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #509: August 07, 2009, 01:50:26 PM »

It's the Stammen we've been seeing in his last three starts ... he's just getting lit up.  He's far too hittable and it looks like he's lost a lot of confidence.  16 ER in his last 9.1 IP (3 games started).  Stammen, Mock and Martin have been terrible the last 6 combined starts ... yet we're still playing good baseball.  We need better out of our starting pitching.  I'm willing to give Stammen the benefit of the doubt, b/c he's had some success this year (though I still see him as a relief pitcher), but the other two do not belong on MLB rosters.