Author Topic: The Nats' Offense is downright Offensive  (Read 7273 times)

Re: The Nats' Offense is downright Offensive
« Reply #25: May 20, 2007, 09:28:25 PM »
No, you just drop F-Bombs on everyone who isn't happy with the situation.  That's the point you don't seem to understand - whenever anybody makes a complaint you start saying things like you're "acting like a 12 year old who lost his/her copy of the latest My Chemical Romance album."  If you don't like it when people are critical...that's fine, but stop disrespecting them just because they are angry and need to vent.  Just move on.

Oh now I know your full of it.  I've never dropped an F-Bomb in here that I know of that was meant in malice.

If you don't like it when people are critical...that's fine, but stop disrespecting them just because they are angry and need to vent.  Just move on.

I suggest you take a swig of your own special brand of Grandma's Cough Syrup right there.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #26: May 20, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
LOL...case in point.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #27: May 20, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »
I like the perspective N.O.T.L.D. takes toward the team . That is all i really have to say.

Back to the title of the thread, though todays lineup didn't really produce much vs the Orioles i say it should be our everyday lineup.

Nook in Center, Belly at first, Jesus Catching 2-3 days a week.

« Reply #28: May 20, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »
LOL...case in point.

You wanna dance tough guy? ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #29: May 20, 2007, 09:35:57 PM »
Just not happy with the offense...and needed to vent izall.  You don't like it when people vent...and I'm just saying let people vent.  Don't always get upset when people have something critical to say about the team.  That's what a discussion message board is for.

You started with the "I see we're back to pissing in people's cheerios" comment...and it really wasn't necessary when the point taken by Sportsfan was a legitimate point.  Our offense IS offensive.

« Reply #30: May 20, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »
Just not happy with the offense...and needed to vent izall.  You don't like it when people vent...and I'm just saying let people vent.  Don't always get upset when people have something critical to say about the team.  That's what a discussion message board is for.

You started with the "I see we're back to pissing in people's cheerios" comment...and it really wasn't necessary when the point taken by Sportsfan was a legitimate point.  Our offense IS offensive.

Hasn't he smeared that point into your heart day after day, gamethread after gamethread to the point this board is on overload?  Maybe that's why I keep getting "cannot find server" warnings all the time now.

Cracks and comments have been made in gamethreads by certain parties that are just as critical towards people who share my perspective and those comments do not get jumped on, then I see nothing wrong with the Cheerios comments.  If I have to deal with that opinion, then your going to have to deal with mine.  Simple as that.

We share different perspectives and I am fine with that.  But just because I don't act like an urban caveman and don't completely down the team, even when doing horrible, doesn't make me wrong, right, or any less or more of a fan than you.

And I can dance....OOOOOOOHHH I CAN DANCE!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #31: May 20, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »
Sportsfan is my hero :worship:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #32: May 20, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
We share different perspectives and I am fine with that.  But just because I don't act like an urban caveman and don't completely down the team, even when doing horrible, doesn't make me wrong, right, or any less or more of a fan than you.
The difference is that nobody's flaming you for being positive on the team that I know of...but anytime somebody complains about how the Nats are performing you start getting on their case.  Some people need to voice their opinion when somebody (or the team) is playing like garbage...as a form of venting frustration.  You should let them do that.  That's all I'm saying...

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #33: May 20, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
By the same token, There are negatives and positives. Just because you want to focus only on the negative does not mean that anyone being positive is trying to censor you

« Reply #34: May 20, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
The difference is that nobody's flaming you for being positive on the team that I know of...but anytime somebody complains about how the Nats are performing you start getting on their case.  That's all I'm saying...

I hear what your saying and I don't agree.  They have a right to voice their displeasure but they are posting it on a public forum and if they think they aren't going to meet other viewpoints then they are sadly mistaken.  They take responsibility for what is said and if they don't like that someone doesn't agree with them and voices it, then that is their problem. I should be able to voice my opinion on the matter as well and go by the same responsibility as well. 

It is what it is and I guess we are going to have to leave it at that.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #35: May 20, 2007, 09:51:38 PM »
By the same token, There are negatives and positives. Just because you want to focus only on the negative does not mean that anyone being positive is trying to censor you
No you're right...but I've observed NOTLD centering his venom directly at people who are negative.  Nobody on the negative side has called NOTLD a kool-aid drinking, rose colored glass wearer...that I know of.  That's the difference I'm trying to convey.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #36: May 20, 2007, 09:51:54 PM »
I hear what your saying and I don't agree.  I guess we are just going to have to leave it at that.
Agreed.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #37: May 20, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
I would just like to point out that you shouldn't be getting any errors since the upgrade this weekend, so I hope you meant that remark in a "last week" sense ;)

« Reply #38: May 20, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »
I would just like to point out that you shouldn't be getting any errors since the upgrade this weekend, so I hope you meant that remark in a "last week" sense ;)

Yep, last week sense.  Haven't had a lick of problems.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #39: May 20, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »
All we need is an 11-game winning streak to get to .500.

13 game winning streak if you include today's win. The Nats are 16-28 with today's come from behind Curly W.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #40: May 20, 2007, 11:18:13 PM »
No you're right...but I've observed NOTLD centering his venom directly at people who are negative.  Nobody on the negative side has called NOTLD a kool-aid drinking, rose colored glass wearer...that I know of.  That's the difference I'm trying to convey.

QFT

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #42: May 21, 2007, 12:16:37 AM »
Look Zimmerman is MR.CLUTCH,
sry if i spelled that wrong, lol
but he tries, and those people you said,kearns,church,zimmerman
next year zimmerman might not be on the team, because if he was "the future"
the would have gave him that multi-year deal, who knows,
the nats have only been together 2 years there are going to bad and good times, soon
we will have a solid team, i might not see that where Z' goes i go. =]

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #43: May 21, 2007, 12:43:32 AM »
the nats have only been together 2 years there are going to bad and good times, soon

Zimmerman is a National 4 Life as far as I'm concerned. He'll be wearing the Curly W for a long time.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #44: May 21, 2007, 01:01:14 AM »
I think Zimmerman's gonna be alot better as the season progresses...I'm not worried about him turning it on.  I just added him to the list to show the totality of the poor offense being displayed these past two months by guys that should be doing alot better.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #45: May 21, 2007, 07:49:48 AM »
I think Zimm will be with the team for the forseeable future. Not signing a long term deal was in his interest as well as the team's.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #46: May 21, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »
The thing that bothered me most - all weekend - was watching Fick swing the bat. He's probably close to .099 by now. Talk about busted mechanics...

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #47: May 21, 2007, 08:50:38 AM »
As is said in sports over and over:  A W is a W is a W.

Take 'em and embrace 'em when we can, folks.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #48: May 24, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
As is said in sports over and over:  A W is a W is a W.

Take 'em and embrace 'em when we can, folks.

AMEN ... here's hoping we see more three game/27 run stretches ... got to love the bandbox that would GABP ...

« Reply #49: May 24, 2007, 03:48:50 PM »
Damn right the Nats offense has been offensive....OFFENSIVE TO THE OTHER TEAM!  HELL YEAH!