Author Topic: Restaurant tipping  (Read 443 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Restaurant tipping
« Topic Start: July 01, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »
When you leave hour tip on the table it goes to the waitress but she isn't the server.  In fact

1 person brings your drink
Another takes your food order and refilled your drink.
Another person brings your food.

3 people serve you,  but only the middle person gets the tip!

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Restaurant tipping
« Reply #1: July 01, 2012, 10:45:53 PM »
Sometimes.  It depends on the restaurant.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2: July 01, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
Yeah at Mammal Mia in Manassas one person does it all.  It used to be that way everywhere!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #3: July 01, 2012, 10:58:01 PM »
I feel like they'd probably pool all the tips together in that case and split it.

Offline Kentucky_National

• BANG ZOOM
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4: July 01, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
I work at a restaurant and the server generally takes drink orders/brings drinks, and takes food order. However we have food runners who run the food out to the table.

The server however has to tip out a certain percentage of their tips to the bartenders and food runners.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #5: July 01, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
Ahhh.  Did not know that!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #6: July 02, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »
Right, the server might also tip out to the busboys if they clean their tables and allow them to be able to flip them faster, as well as the bartender if the bar is where the beverages come from.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #7: July 02, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
i bussed tables a couple of summers, we usually got 5 or 15% of the tips, I can't remember how much.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #8: July 04, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
i bussed tables a couple of summers, we usually got 5 or 15% of the tips, I can't remember how much.

Same here.  Servers were supposed to give a small portion of their tips to both the busser and the bartender.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #9: July 04, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »
What do you do if you order your food at the counter and they bring you your food at a table you seat yourself?  Theres a Pizza and sub place near Best Buy in Manassas that does that!

Or, you order your food at the place and pick up your order when they call your number.  You dont bus your table though?

Why is it that the Italian restaurants in this town present such tipping dilemmas?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #10: July 04, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »
If the "servers" don't serve you repeatedly over the time you're there, then no tip

What do you do if you order your food at the counter and they bring you your food at a table you seat yourself?  Theres a Pizza and sub place near Best Buy in Manassas that does that!

Or, you order your food at the place and pick up your order when they call your number.  You dont bus your table though?

Why is it that the Italian restaurants in this town present such tipping dilemmas?