Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 27146 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #125: September 28, 2010, 12:31:11 AM »
We better not see Zimmerman tomorrow.

The strained intercostal muscle takes months to heal.

Just let the man take the rest of the year off.

Offline PC

« Reply #126: September 28, 2010, 12:40:14 AM »
Tomorrow's too late for anything, anyway.

The snow has already been pissed on.   :|

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #127: September 28, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »
Regarding the 3rd base dugout, that is always surrounded by away team fans and completely taken over by Phillies fans. This situation is a direct creation of the organization. I warned Kasten in emails about this years ago when it was clear how the tickets had beed distributed. But mostly it is due to the piss poor performance of the franchise. With the organization establishing a pattern for years of allowing Phillies fans to do whatever they want, they set themselves up for this crap. After the previous Phillies series, it was pretty clear that this last home stand was going to be the worst. It is hard to expect people to volunteer to show up for what is going to be a miserable experience - crappy team agains the best pitcher, knowing the Phillies were going to clinch the East in Nats park, surrounded by some of the most obnoxious people imagineable with a staff that couldn't care less about controlling fan behavior and a team president who actively promotes the experience. Screw Kasten.

As for Desmond's comments, they should be embarrassed. He wasn't nagging about the fans, he was nagging about the situation and how embarrassing it was to lose like that being cheered against at home. There's only one solution to that - stop sucking as a team and as an organization. Fans can't do anything about that. Nothing. We have zero control over the performance of the team on the field or how the organzation acts to either improve the team or how it actively promotes to out of town interests as the easy way to maximize profits. If Desmond's feelings are hurt, he should take it up with his management and his teammates.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #128: September 28, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
If Desmond's feelings are hurt, he should take it up with his management and his teammates.

This

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #129: September 28, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
surrounded by some of the most obnoxious people imagineable with a staff that couldn't care less about controlling fan behavior and a team president who actively promotes the experience. Screw Kasten.

If anyone goes to the game tonight be on the lookout for burning "Mr. Walkoff" tee shirts in the lots.  I overheard some Phillies fans mention they were planning on "burning away the losing" after the game tomorrow.   And no, I'm not making this up.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #130: September 28, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
If anyone goes to the game tonight be on the lookout for burning "Mr. Walkoff" tee shirts in the lots.  I overheard some Phillies fans mention they were planning on "burning away the losing" after the game tomorrow.   And no, I'm not making this up.

This may be one of those situations that needs to get worse before it gets better. Kasten and company have always seemed to be competely oblivious to the behavior of the Phillies fans that they invite into the ballpark - characterizing it as a fun and friendly experience. Maybe if there are some real incidents of violence involving tasing and tear gas they will finally wake up.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #131: September 28, 2010, 08:38:11 AM »
Our regular tickets are on the third base side, so I am thankful we did not draw last night's game. But I will not to let those stupid Phillies fans stop me from attending the season closer on Wednesday.  :evil:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #132: September 28, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »
This may be one of those situations that needs to get worse before it gets better. Kasten and company have always seemed to be competely oblivious to the behavior of the Phillies fans that they invite into the ballpark - characterizing it as a fun and friendly experience. Maybe if there are some real incidents of violence involving tasing and tear gas they will finally wake up.

FWIW, we attended Oswalt's first start on July 30th and really didn't notice any bad behavior (we sat in the 300's).  Maybe it's because we beat the crap out of them?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #133: September 28, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »
Regarding the 3rd base dugout, that is always surrounded by away team fans and completely taken over by Phillies fans. This situation is a direct creation of the organization. I warned Kasten in emails about this years ago when it was clear how the tickets had beed distributed. But mostly it is due to the piss poor performance of the franchise. With the organization establishing a pattern for years of allowing Phillies fans to do whatever they want, they set themselves up for this crap. After the previous Phillies series, it was pretty clear that this last home stand was going to be the worst. It is hard to expect people to volunteer to show up for what is going to be a miserable experience - crappy team agains the best pitcher, knowing the Phillies were going to clinch the East in Nats park, surrounded by some of the most obnoxious people imagineable with a staff that couldn't care less about controlling fan behavior and a team president who actively promotes the experience. Screw Kasten.

this