Author Topic: MLB Videogames  (Read 28464 times)

Offline CJames0569

Re: MLB Videogames
« Reply #200: March 11, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
That sucks, hopefully they'll fix that.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #201: March 11, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
You should have downloaded the updated rosters online before you started your franchise, that way you would have kennedy on the team already. Also as someone mentioned earlier it's better to start a franchise after opening day rosters are uploaded, usually sometime during the first week of games. You could also wait until Strasburg makes his debut, then you would have him on the roster also.

Are the good rosters out? I may restart my Franchise after the rosters are released, mostly for Strasburg and the other minor leaguers. I don't mind not having Kennedy, the sooner this team becomes my own creation the better! However, not having Strasburg bugs me.

I got a PS3 in December and only played RTTS in 09, so I was anxious to jump in and learn about Franchise mode.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #202: March 11, 2010, 02:24:19 PM »
Yeah I'm getting antsy for the updates too.  I'm tired of having guzman as 2B.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #203: March 13, 2010, 05:00:37 PM »
So yeah, does anyone know how the leagues work in 2k10 and if so, anyone interested in starting one up on the 360?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #204: March 13, 2010, 06:10:59 PM »
I had a decent outing with Stammen facing Santana.  Final score:

R  H  E
WSH 0  1  0
NYM 1  3  0

My hitting needs a lot of work, but I'm getting the pitching down a little better.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #205: March 13, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
I had a decent outing with Stammen facing Santana.  Final score:

R  H  E
WSH 0  1  0
NYM 1  3  0

My hitting needs a lot of work, but I'm getting the pitching down a little better.

Nice, that's the show right?

Just got finished playing against the White Sox with Lannan. Had a perfect game through 6 and 2/3rds and they ended up with only 2 hits. I beat them 5-0, all solo shot HR's, had 9 hits. Went back to back with Zimm/Dunn, both of them had 2 HR's (Zimm had a 444ft HR, was quite a few rows up the Red Porch), and Elijah had the other one on a contact swing (not a power swing, was really shocked. Never done that before).

Offline Nathan

« Reply #206: March 13, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »
Yes, I have The Show.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #207: March 13, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
Yes, I have The Show.

Nice, I dl'd the new demo for it, can't hit for anything on that game. Ball seems like its there, but its a lot further away.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #208: March 13, 2010, 11:52:07 PM »
Nice, that's the show right?

Just got finished playing against the White Sox with Lannan. Had a perfect game through 6 and 2/3rds and they ended up with only 2 hits. I beat them 5-0, all solo shot HR's, had 9 hits. Went back to back with Zimm/Dunn, both of them had 2 HR's (Zimm had a 444ft HR, was quite a few rows up the Red Porch), and Elijah had the other one on a contact swing (not a power swing, was really shocked. Never done that before).

I had a no-no through 6 2/3rds with Lannan last night.

Dunn had 24 HRs at the All Star break. He and Zim were my only All Stars. I got to do the HR Derby with Dunn: dominated the first two rounds and then lost in the finals to Pujols.

I'm to the point where I doubt I'll start another Franchise when the rosters come out. Maybe I'll edit one of my minor league studs to be Strasburg and call it a day. This team (as bad as it is) is starting to feel like mine.  :D

Offline Nathan

« Reply #209: March 14, 2010, 04:01:32 AM »
Quality start with Lannan against DET, 6.0 IP and 2 ER.  Did well with Mock, 2.0 shut out innings.  Then I had JD come in trailing 0-2 top of the ninth, his first outing so far.

Ugh.  5 runs, 4 earned in 0.1 IP.  ERA well over 100 :lol:

I had 3 "wild pitches" that should have been caught with lannan.  2 errors, both Guz and Zim couldn't pick up a ball.

And how the hell do you dive for a ball!?  At least 3 or 4 hits went through an upright 3B, SS, or 2B that I should have been able to pick up.

Also, why the hell does it seem like all of my balls in play on offense go directly to a fielder?  I've never seen so many liners caught by infielders in my life!

Offline eckseid

« Reply #210: March 14, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
I keep using Lannan, he is an absolute beast in this game (MLB2k10). Just 2 hit the Yankees, I had a perfect game through 6 and 1/3rd's. Dunn is crazy with HR's, hit 2 with him that game, won 5-0. He accounted for 4 RBI. Had their pitcher (Petite) to 28 pitches in the 1st.

I'm thinking maybe I need to change the sliders and up the difficulty. :P But this is the most fun I've had with a baseball game.

Haven't started my franchise yet, I'm waiting for the opening day roster update. This has been good practice.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #211: March 14, 2010, 09:11:06 PM »
Whipped the Cardinals' tail.  That Pujols guy?  Struck him out. :lol:

I've yet to have a good outing with Marquis.  His control is crap.

Dunn was a beast though.  Had a solo shot, a walk, and a grand slam with him.  Won my second game so far 7-1.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #212: March 15, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
Is there enough interest for a WNFF OOTP online leauge?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #213: March 15, 2010, 10:25:30 AM »
I've yet to have a good outing with Marquis.  His control is crap.

Dunn was a beast though.  Had a solo shot, a walk, and a grand slam with him.  Won my second game so far 7-1.

Marquis and Olsen are trash in my franchise. I moved Olsen to be a long reliever to make room for a random minor leaguer. I really wish I didn't have Marquis for two years. He's 4-9 or something with a crap ERA.

Dunn is awesome. He's up close to 30 home runs for me now a couple weeks after the all star break.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #214: March 15, 2010, 03:03:09 PM »
I'm just doing the season mode right now until the OD roster update comes out, then I'll start franchise mode.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #215: March 18, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
So yeah, I have some $$$ laying around and want to pickup another game. I already have mlb2k10 and it's fun, but I wanted MLB 10 the show originally. Is it worth getting?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #216: March 18, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »
It's pretty good.  If you've got the cash, why not?

Offline eckseid

« Reply #217: March 18, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »
It's pretty good.  If you've got the cash, why not?

I'm thinking it maybe a bit much having 2 baseball games. But I do hear good things about it. You guys doing a league for it yet?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #218: March 18, 2010, 05:12:18 PM »
Sell 2k10*, buy The Show.

The Show just got patched today btw. I love SCEA.

*my hatred of 2k10 is based entirely on previous versions of the game. I doubt anything 2k does could touch The Show, though.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #219: March 18, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
Sell 2k10, buy The Show.

Really?  What did it fix?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #220: March 18, 2010, 05:15:58 PM »
Really?  What did t fix?

The second patch will be live on Thursday 3-18-10. The fix list is below. Also, this patch was worked after the game had shipped, so we had a chance to address issued reported by consumers. We fixed all we could given the time frame for this patch to go live as soon as possible. While I'm sure it doesn't cover all issues you are experiencing, we are continuously investigating other problems and we will update everyone once we have more concrete information. Regarding problems with leagues, some of these issues can be fixed server side, while others may require a patch. Again, we will keep the community updated on this situation as best as possible. We thank you for your patience and help identifying these issues.

PATCH 2::

- Fixed issue with the auto-fix feature in rosters not working correctly all the time when a downloaded roster was used.

- Fixed issue to accurately show the number of games in progress when looking at the game/lobby room list.

- Fixed issue causing players placed on trade waivers to not be withdrawn if claimed by a user controlled team (offline season).

- Fixed issues with attendance.

- Make sure players placed on release waivers retain their contracts until they clear waivers.

- Allow teams to send down a reliever and keep 2 closers on the roster.

- Only allow the CPU to trade a player once per season.

- Unranked Online Games should not count towards points, win/loss nor stats.

- Fixed issue causing trades to be offered by the user's team even when set to MANUAL trades.

- Fix catcher throw decisions when AUTOTHROWING is on

- Create a player using these stances/deliveries:

Stances:
Bay, Jason
Barmes, Clint
Barton, Daric
Fukudome, Kosuke
Kemp Matt
Longoria, Evan

Pitch Deliveries:
Kuroda, Hiroki
Lilly, Ted

- Scout challenge from certain locations addressed.

- Intentional walk Online gaemplay issue addressed.

- Merged Sounds of the show fix. Fix for overflow problem when storing more than 255 songs. This is referring to storing the songs in a playlist.

- Exiting chatroom fix after completing the game.

- Fixed bug with ball warping into fielder's glove from the outfield on a line drive.

- Fix exiting Bullpen issue.

- Addressed issue with large attendance numbers being displayed properly.

- Fixed bug causing position players to be in the bullpen leading to an issue in franchise and career mode.

- Cacthers no longer get ruled an error on drop 3rd strikes.

- The power vs left bar on the pitcher x batter screen is working properly now

Offline eckseid

« Reply #221: March 18, 2010, 05:21:35 PM »
Sell 2k10*, buy The Show.

*my hatred of 2k10 is based entirely on previous versions of the game. I doubt anything 2k does could touch The Show, though.

I won't be selling it. Brother wanted me to get it to play against him. Plus it's actually fun this year.

Offline Nathan

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #223: March 18, 2010, 07:36:38 PM »
2k10 is actually a legitimate video game this year. Unfortunately, it's freaking impossible to hit. I get more walks than hits per game, because I'm good at working the count. But there's a glitch that resets a pitcher's energy when he goes below 35 or so. Also, the player of the game is messed up but idc about that.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #224: March 18, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
btw, my nats are 24-4 heading towards the all-star break. 54 game season, i play every game. team is pretty close to the regular nats... i have ian desmond at 2nd, erick aybar at short, adam lind in left, mccutchen in right... in the rotation, have created strasburg, brian bannister, and ryan-rowland smith (along with lannan and jay-z obv). the pen is basically the same except i have daniel bard at closer.