Author Topic: MLB Videogames  (Read 28045 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: MLB Videogames
« Reply #150: March 03, 2010, 01:09:39 PM »
I hit a home run with Dunn last night and fireworks went off like they do at NP. Awesome.

Also went 6 IP 4 ER 5 K 2 BB with Marquis. Graphics are sick. My roomate was shocked at how good they are.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #151: March 03, 2010, 02:15:52 PM »
Hmm, I might have to make a special trip to walmart tonight just to pick it up.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #152: March 03, 2010, 08:11:10 PM »
I hit a home run with Dunn last night and fireworks went off like they do at NP. Awesome.

Also went 6 IP 4 ER 5 K 2 BB with Marquis. Graphics are sick. My roomate was shocked at how good they are.

haha, I'm jealous you guys get a great mlb game.

2k is better than last year but doesn't really say a whole lot. I am enjoying it so far though. My player is fun. Just got called up to Nats playing short haha.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #153: March 03, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
So, is it worth a 20 minute drive each way to get The Show tonight?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #154: March 04, 2010, 12:28:57 AM »
So, is it worth a 20 minute drive each way to get The Show tonight?

Yes. I have a 20 minute walk each way. Uphill. Both ways.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #155: March 04, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »
I decided against it.  I think I'll just order it online.

Offline blue911

« Reply #156: March 04, 2010, 07:08:10 AM »
Yes. I have a 20 minute walk each way. Uphill. Both ways.

They put a GameStop about half a block from my house and I still buy my games on line.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #157: March 04, 2010, 09:19:57 AM »
I would go to Gamestop if the kid who worked behind the register used deodorant.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #158: March 04, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
In my player yesterday, I pulled a Josh Willingham. I hit 2 grand slams off of Tim Hudson :rofl:

I had 12 RBI's in one game. They kept putting me in bases loaded situations.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #159: March 04, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »
Imo, MLB2k10 is actually pretty good. A lot better then MLB2k9. Seriously, don't let the past cloud your judgment on the new one. It's improved a lot. Tryout the demo if you haven't already.

I do agree with UMD though, BC2 is awesome.

got a 7/10 on gamestop

what are the improvements of mlb 2k10?

Offline eckseid

« Reply #160: March 04, 2010, 06:42:18 PM »
This is for anyone that has MLB2k10: How do you change players when fielding a bunt? I keep running my pitcher back expecting my catcher to move forward. Sometimes it selects catcher, most times its the pitcher.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #161: March 05, 2010, 01:58:13 AM »
I just got home from Wally world, the show in hand.  Time to see if I just wasted $60.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #162: March 05, 2010, 03:48:37 AM »
Hate it.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #163: March 05, 2010, 05:56:22 AM »
You hate the best baseball game ever? I'd give it more than an hour.

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #164: March 05, 2010, 08:11:23 AM »
Hate it.

Dude if you hate it then exchange it for something else, it's Wally World. Tell them some bogus line and get store credit, then buy a game you like.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #165: March 05, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
Hate it.

Don't waste your life on hate.

Here is what you do. Put it back in the box. Find your PS3, pack it back into its box box and ship them both to:
Obed Marsh
C/O Esoteric Order of Dagon
8204 State Street
Innsmouth, MA 01950

Offline CJames0569

« Reply #166: March 05, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »
Don't waste your life on hate.

Here is what you do. Put it back in the box. Find your PS3, pack it back into its box box and ship them both to:
Obed Marsh
C/O Esoteric Order of Dagon
8204 State Street
Innsmouth, MA 01950

:lmao: Is that a serious address? If so that's awesome, if not than it's still awesome just not as much.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #167: March 05, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
As close as it can be. Innsmouth was created after Lovecraft visited Newburyport. State street is mentioned in the book and is in Newburyport . The narrator travels to a lodging house on State street and passes by the temple in route. The book never really says what street the temple was on.

More here if  you are interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innsmouth

But don't let that discourage you. It is never to late to sacrafice your PS3's to the Deep Ones, Father Dagon, Mother Hydra!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #168: March 05, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
The Show easily has 2K beat in the graphics and presentation department.  But the controls leave me befuddled.  To pitch a 4 seamer with Lannan, you hit X, then X to start, X at the top of the meter, then X again at a certain point.  To hit you press X or square.

2K's "gesture" controls with the sticks seem much more natural.  For a fastball, you pull the right stick back slowly like a wind up, then when the power gauge fills, you slam it up to throw the pitch.  To hit you pull the stick back to get ready and then flick it forward to swing.

Maybe it will just take me a while to get used to it, but to me the analogue nature of using the sticks seems more natural than tapping a button.

I quit against the Indians after Lannan gave up 3 runs in the second and a 3 run homer in the third.  I started another game against the Pirates.  Again I had a 1-2-3 first, and things imploded in the second.  Fielders doing dumb ass crap.  Guzman kicked a ball, ID stood there as a soft grounder goes right in between his legs, Zim sails one over Dunn's head.  Actually, maybe the game is just too realistic.

The actual graphics and presentation is spectacular.  I mean it looks like Nationals Park!  The announcers talking about beautiful Nationals Park in our nation's capitol, about the distinctive cherry trees out in the center field plaza.  It's just the controls seem so foreign.

Offline blue911

« Reply #169: March 05, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »
The Show easily has 2K beat in the graphics and presentation department.  But the controls leave me befuddled.  To pitch a 4 seamer with Lannan, you hit X, then X to start, X at the top of the meter, then X again at a certain point.  To hit you press X or square.

2K's "gesture" controls with the sticks seem much more natural.  For a fastball, you pull the right stick back slowly like a wind up, then when the power gauge fills, you slam it up to throw the pitch.  To hit you pull the stick back to get ready and then flick it forward to swing.

Maybe it will just take me a while to get used to it, but to me the analogue nature of using the sticks seems more natural than tapping a button.

I quit against the Indians after Lannan gave up 3 runs in the second and a 3 run homer in the third.  I started another game against the Pirates.  Again I had a 1-2-3 first, and things imploded in the second.  Fielders doing dumb ass crap.  Guzman kicked a ball, ID stood there as a soft grounder goes right in between his legs, Zim sails one over Dunn's head.  Actually, maybe the game is just too realistic.

The actual graphics and presentation is spectacular.  I mean it looks like Nationals Park!  The announcers talking about beautiful Nationals Park in our nation's capitol, about the distinctive cherry trees out in the center field plaza.  It's just the controls seem so foreign.

That's cause Lannan don't throw a 4-seamer.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #170: March 05, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
Tell that to Flores, because he keeps calling for it :lol:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #171: March 06, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »
Giving it another try.

It just got points because I just noticed in the opening video, they feature Hammer's 2 slams.  Sweet.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #172: March 06, 2010, 03:15:47 AM »
Sigh.  I can't hit or pitch even on rookie.  Played the Braves in ST.
WSH 0 R 4 H 0 E
ATL 5 R 13 H 1 E

The only bright spot was Bally.  His curve was unhittable :lol:

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #173: March 06, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »
Hitting in The Show takes some getting used to. Hop into batting practice for a bit.

I'm playing opening day with the Nats and there are a bunch of Philly fans there, lol.

This game is unbelievable. It feels and looks like a real game. Gameplay is the best of any baseball game I've played.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #174: March 06, 2010, 11:08:49 AM »
Ugh, just lost a heart breaker to the Mets in the second series. I play every four games or so and sim in between.

WSH 1 9 1
NYM 2 9 0

I was 1-8 with runners in scoring position. In the 8th I had runners on the corners but grounded into a double play with Guzman. In the 9th, Zimmerman led off with a double. Advanced to third on a ground out by Dunn. Hammer strikes out. With two outs, Pudge (who's solo shot accounted for my only run), rips a liner but Reyes makes a leaping grab to end the game.

:hang: :hang: :hang: :hang: