Author Topic: Nationals vs Pirates, Game 1 (Strasburg debut)  (Read 21004 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

^^^ COURTESY OF WNFF FORUM MEMBER ROARIN' STOREN

v v v COURTESY OF WNFF FORUM MEMBER houston-nat

v v v COURTESY OF WNFF FORUM MEMBER nats2playoffs

The heavens opened... and The Chosen One arrived

Stephen Strasburg, Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images North America

Offline The Chief

Game Time: 7:05 PM (ET)
Venue: Nationals Park
TV: MASN 2 HD, MLBN
Radio: WFED 1500, SBN 730

(23-34)

Jeff Karstens
1-1, 4.50

CF Andrew McCutchen
2B Neil Walker
LF Lastings Milledge
1B Garrett Jones
RF Delwyn Young
3B Adam LaRoche
SS Ronny Cedeno
C Jason Jaramillo
P Jeff Karstens

(27-31)  

Stephen Strasburg
0-0, -.--

Cristian Guzman 2B
Nyjer Morgan CF
Ryan Zimmerman 3B
Adam Dunn 1B
Josh Willingham LF
Ivan Rodriguez C
Roger Bernadina RF
Ian Desmond SS
Stephen Strasburg P

Those think bubbles from Houston are epic.

Offline NatsDad14

Now this is even more bad luck. Why is the OP of the Game thread on the 2nd post. Last time I checked, the Strasburgs aren't playing against the Pirates.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Those think bubbles from Houston are epic.

Right here in River City.

Offline CJames0569

Now this is even more bad luck. Why is the OP of the Game thread on the 2nd post. Last time I checked, the Strasburgs aren't playing against the Pirates.

Pipe down negative Nancy...

Offline bklynnats

I set the DVR for MLB Extra Innings. But I think the game is also on MLB Network. So I'm hoping I don't get blacked out? I get out at 7, so I always miss the first 45 minutes of each game, at least  :(

Offline Blingon

Actually, is the game blacked out on MLB Network tonight? Do I need to find a bar to watch (and not listen :() the game at?  I am in NC btw - same rules as DC, just no MASN.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Well done Chief, Houston and Roarin!

Now lets get out there and kick some but-t!!

Offline CJames0569

Actually, is the game blacked out on MLB Network tonight? Do I need to find a bar to watch (and not listen :() the game at?  I am in NC btw - same rules as DC, just no MASN.

Probably need to find a bar to watch it at then, most likely blacked out in your area.

Offline DPMOmaha

I've got a meeting that will take me right up to first pitch.  Then I'm firing up the grill and having a couple of brawts and a beer and sitting back and soaking it up.  Then I'll watch the MLB Network broadcast later.  Gonna be a good night and need to enjoy it today, becaus I'm definately putting in a 12-14 hour day on Thursday.

Offline natsfan4evr

Could the Pirates have put up a better opposing pitcher for us tonight?
Kartsens has given up 9 runs and 15 hits in 8.2 innings against the Nats.

The weather is perfect. The matchup is perfect. Hopefully the end result is perfect.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
Nice Job Chief! Roarin and Houston...atta boys! Houston where is the pet squid? :shock:

Stephen " Jesus,The Savior" Strasburg Now doesn't that sound Heavenly!! :halo:

Offline houston-nat

For use during the game if necessary.

Offline CJames0569

This night is going to be sweet, too bad it's going to be raining here or else I'd watch the game outside.

Offline nats2playoffs

's Baseball Tonight will be reporting live FROM Nationals Park at 3:30 PM today!

:worship:

E very
S trasburg
P itch
N otable

Offline houston-nat

Just moved Strasburg from the bench to the starting rotation on my fantasy baseball roster.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I'm so glad you put "Strasburg's debut" in the title, i had completely forgotten.  :-)

Fingers crossed that this will be a good one.

Oh, and middle finger up to Verizon for not airing this in HD.

Offline imref

Just moved Strasburg from the bench to the starting rotation on my fantasy baseball roster.

did that yesterday in my money league, grabbed him in the 19th round in a 10 team draft.

Offline imref

Could the Pirates have put up a better opposing pitcher for us tonight?
Kartsens has given up 9 runs and 15 hits in 8.2 innings against the Nats.

If the past week is prologue, we'll have a running set of "Karstens' ERA has dropped to...." posts.

Offline natsfan4evr

did that yesterday in my money league, grabbed him in the 19th round in a 10 team draft.
He was gone by the 9th round in my 14 team league

Offline imref

Potomac Tech Wire (a daily newsletter on IT-related news in the D.C. area):

Internet Abuzz Over Debut of Nationals Pitcher Stephen Strasburg

Washington, DC -- Local baseball fans lit up blogs and social networking sites on Tuesday, in anticipation of pitcher Stephen Strasburg's trumpeted Major League debut with the Washington Nationals. The arrival of the 21-year-old phenom, scheduled to pitch Tuesday night against Pittsburgh, has generated as much Internet buzz as that of any other area athlete in history. Tickets for the sold-out game have sold at an average of more than $100 on web sites such as StubHub and eBay, as demand far exceeded supply. Cable network MASN said that it will expand pre- and post-game coverage in anticipation of what's expected to be a near-record viewership. The network has doubled its ad rates since Strasburg's start was announced May 31, according to The Daily Record. The Washington Post's Nationals Journal blog is asking fans attending the game to contribute to its Twitter feed with observations about the game and the atmosphere, as well as by sending TwitPics.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/
http://mddailyrecord.com/maryland-business/2010/06/08/even-the-os-get-a-piece-of-the-strasburg-action/

Offline bklynnats

Should have taken the day off. I feel like I should be pre-gaming for this  :lol: There have to be a few other Nats fans congregating in the city for this. Wish I knew some.

:woop: :cheers:

Offline Section214

Very well done. God I'm amped.

Offline The Chief

I swapped out the peeping Stras logo for something less creepy :lol:

F5 or CTRL+F5 if you don't see it yet.

(or Command-F5 for Mac folk, I think)