Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 2  (Read 35778 times)

Offline PC

The Marlins are 7-1 at Nationals Marlins Park.

Offline MorseMythology

18-49 against the Marlins since 2008. I mean, how is that possible? HOW?!

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
Lol at Wang vs Hand

Offline balzig777

easy to hang it on a pitcher,but lack of hits in key situations are never to blame, fly ball game over...thats baseball?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

easy to hang it on a pitcher,but lack of hits in key situations are never to blame, fly ball game over...thats baseball?
hmm...let's blame the hitting coach!

Offline Mr Clean

Let's see, at least one bonehead play a game (Desmond), 0-2  Werth and K Boy Espinosa continue to reek and situational hitting is below peewee level. It's amazing this team is in third place.

Offline PC

PLEASE don't bring Davey back next year.  He sounds and looks like he's a hundred.  He doesn't have the energy to be a major league baseball manager.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Let's see, at least one bonehead play a game (Desmond), 0-2  Werth and K Boy Espinosa continue to reek and situational hitting is below peewee level. It's amazing this team is in third place.
Desmond is not to blame...that ball caromed back so fast that he was caught completely off guard. It was simply a bad break. Plus he had a couple good defensive plays. Oh, and we're back in a tie with the Mutts...fourth place is calling....

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

It'd be nice, but that's squarely on Morse. He swung at the first pitch that wasn't a good pitch to try and hit. All season long Morse has been a free swinger. I seriously doubt coaching is going to change that.

Offline Sharp

We need to shop Danny Espinosa this off-season. He's not good, but some team might think he is.
I am so glad you're not the GM.

Offline PC

18-49 over a 162-game schedule would make us the '62 Mets.

Offline balzig777

point is baseball is a team sport. blame the team as a whole or nothing,many plays from start to finish lead to a win or a loss,9-14 guys in every game making or missing plays lead to victory or loss, thats baseball.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
It'd be nice, but that's squarely on Morse. He swung at the first pitch that wasn't a good pitch to try and hit. All season long Morse has been a free swinger. I seriously doubt coaching is going to change that.

every time I've seen Morse in a walk-off situation he tries to hit a HR on the first two pitches he sees.  I guess that's better than Werth who usually watches the first strike go sailing by before fouling off the 2nd pitch.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

it's obviously DPM's fault - the Nats were distracted planning his post-game birthday celebration.

Offline sportsfan882

Why the F did Morse swing at the first pitch with a chance to win it?

Why did Desmond not go to third on the error? Same with Werth on Espy's hit early in the game.

1 run in 22 innings against two awful starters, Vazquez and Volstad. Unreal

Balackluster needs to retire. His fastball is straight as an arrow and he has no command.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I went down and said hello but the dude sitting there looked at m like I was on drugs.

Sorry about that - didn't realise who it might be; once I was asked 'are you Chelsea' it seemed to tail off into a routine question about seat location. Just caught a bit unawares I guess - I'm not always at my most sharp-witted.

But it was indeed me and you were indeed standing next to TBSITH...I'll be there tomorrow as well.

Offline OldChelsea

Lol at Wang vs Hand

In Chicago there was once a brewery known as the Peter Hand Brewing Company.

Offline PC

From Zuckerman:

10:20 p.m. -- Make it 4-1 as Balester is getting crushed in his third inning of relief. By the way, there are still six available pitchers in the bullpen who have not been used tonight: Gorzelanny, Severino, Slaten, Clippard, Maya and Stammen. Plus, in an emergency, Livo.

From Kilgore's post game:

Ballester had already delivered two hitless, scoreless innings — following scoreless frames by Henry Rodriguez, Todd Coffey, Drew Storen and Sean Burnett — when Manager Davey Johnson sent him back out for a third. There was no one warming up, despite the presence of six other relievers on the expanded September roster. Tyler Clippard was unavailable after a heavy week of use. Some relievers were being held in reserve for Sunday.

What if we lose by 10 runs tomorrow?  What was accomplished by "saving them"? This is the biggest bunch of nonsense!!!

If ever there was a night that reaffirmed that Davey Johnson is a clueless old man, this was it!

EDIT:  On second thought, I wouldn't have mattered who was on the mound and for how long.  This offense was not going to score, period.  That's the most pathetic part of this.  Making your pitchers go inning after inning after inning after inning without giving up any runs because your offense is dead.  >:(

Offline heeman82

first time sitting ñear the announcer guy in 311.

You talking about the old black guy who goes, "can I have your attention please?! now pitching.."    That guy rules!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
You talking about the old black guy who goes, "can I have your attention please?! now pitching.."    That guy rules!

That's him, I've been reading about the guy for six years but had never seen him in person.  Based on previous posts I expected more activity.  Does he only announce pitchers?  I left 311 after a few innings so I wasn't there for any of the pitching changes.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
From Zuckerman:

From Kilgore's post game:

What if we lose by 10 runs tomorrow?  What was accomplished by "saving them"? This is the biggest bunch of nonsense!!!

If ever there was a night that reaffirmed that Davey Johnson is a clueless old man, this was it!

EDIT:  On second thought, I wouldn't have mattered who was on the mound and for how long.  This offense was not going to score, period.  That's the most pathetic part of this.  Making your pitchers go inning after inning after inning after inning without giving up any runs because your offense is dead.  >:(

By the 13th I had moved down behind the Nats dugout and my friend there was yelling at Davey to pull Bally.  My thought was that it's getting late and we're not going to score anyway, so let's just get this thing over with, pretty sure that DJ was thinking along those same lines.

Offline OldChelsea

That's him, I've been reading about the guy for six years but had never seen him in person.  Based on previous posts I expected more activity.  Does he only announce pitchers?  I left 311 after a few innings so I wasn't there for any of the pitching changes.

On occasion he has announced pinch-hitters and other batters, but his main focus is pitchers.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Desmond is not to blame...that ball caromed back so fast that he was caught completely off guard. It was simply a bad break.

Desmond is entirely to blame for a bone-headed play that cost us an out.  Since he wasn't sure where the ball was his only smart option was to turn right after passing first, but there he was standing in short right field, deer in the headlights, wondering what to do next.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Since he wasn't sure where the ball was his only smart option was to turn right after passing first, but there he was standing in short right field, deer in the headlights, wondering what to do next.

Yep

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

Does anyone know anything about the guy who sits in the front row of I think 304 and does a strikeout dance that resembles the Double Full Rimmer and holds up the 2 out sign as well?